Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abyssmal food on board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by tomj888
I thought long and hard about starting this thread. I decided I wanted to ...../voice my opinion. Traveled on AA from LHR to LAX in F recently. The service on board was great. Friendly staff and attentive to my needs. Just what one hopes for when traveling. The food however in the BA club in T3 and on board was TERRIBLE. Inside the club, I had a choice of prepacked Tuna fish or some other unrecognizable food. I fully understand the need to keep people's including my own grubby hands from touching food. So if you're going to do that, give me a menu to order food from. On board, FC passengers were given the same food choices as those in Biz Class. The exact same menu. Not right IMHO. Then for midflight snacks, the choices were worse than a vending machine. In fact if I could monetize it, I'd contract with AA to put fresh vending machines on board. No fruit. No cookies. No sandwiches of any kind. No cheeses. No cookies. I wondered if mid flight they didn't change the paint on the plane to read SPIRIT airlines.

I understand that we are in a pandemic, but on our outbound flight on IBERIA we had many more choices and much better quality food. Why has AA sunk to the lowest level of food service?
if you noticed their change in contract and everything else they do this should not surprise you in the least. Honestly, I legitimately cannot figure out why anyone flies them anymore. This coming from a former actual flown 200k mike a year flyer.

I legitimately now drive two hours to an airport rather than 45 min to an hour to avoid them…..there is nothing they do right anymore…..I’m shocked their planes don’t start dropping from the sky.

cheers,
TG
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So basically with the exception of JL, One World sucks. Lol
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
QR is also what keeps some people in Ow tbh
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
QR, JL and CX. Enough for me.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Abidjan
QF is pretty good as well.
Abidjan and mrow like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
QF is pretty good as well.
Unfortunately for me at least I'm an EU traveler. FI? What do they have, 4 planes? LOL BA? Horrible airline with criminal fees attached to award tickets (anyone can spare me the lecture about what it is officially called and it's not BA, etc etc it's meaningless).. IB? Finding availability for awards is pretty limited with their limited network.

I'm looking forward to my J transatlantic next week and ordered a steak. I don't expect it to be "abysmal" and keeping expectations in check.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Unfortunately for me at least I'm an EU traveler. FI? What do they have, 4 planes? LOL BA? Horrible airline with criminal fees attached to award tickets (anyone can spare me the lecture about what it is officially called and it's not BA, etc etc it's meaningless).. IB? Finding availability for awards is pretty limited with their limited network.

I'm looking forward to my J transatlantic next week and ordered a steak. I don't expect it to be "abysmal" and keeping expectations in check.
Just take JL and go the looooong way!
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by tomj888
I understand that we are in a pandemic, but on our outbound flight on IBERIA we had many more choices and much better quality food. Why has AA sunk to the lowest level of food service?
Originally Posted by SamOF
I don't think that folks were thinking about Iberia when they suggested that you avoid US carriers for international ones
Originally Posted by Spanish
Yes, Iberia's had awful food in business for years (decades?). Subpar products abound.
The first post in the thread was comparing AA's food to IB, so I was responding to that.
wrp96 and Spanish like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Abidjan
I like S7
S80 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by asnovici
I like S7
said no one ever
S80 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by NickRivas
said no one ever
I did. And will say it again. I fly them often in J and get very good service on brand new planes with real Business seats and good meals and drinks. But let’s get back to the regularly scheduled programming.
uanj likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:12 pm

Unfortunately for me at least I'm an EU traveler. FI?
I assume you mean AY since FI isn’t in any alliance. I’ve heard their A350 hard product is pretty good but haven’t had the chance to fly it yet. And I don’t like their trend of outsourcing cabin crews. But, they did have kind of an interesting mileage sale last year where they basically sold EQM.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by asnovici
I did. And will say it again. I fly them often in J and get very good service on brand new planes with real Business seats and good meals and drinks. But let’s get back to the regularly scheduled programming.
For short flights, S7 is a pretty nice way to fly... proper 2x2 premium seats and the inflight service is much better than what we get on any U.S. airline
asnovici and uanj like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Qatar #1 airline in the world*, CX, JL, Royal Jordanian (try it, you'll like it!)

Oneworld sucks because of BA, BA, and AA.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Oneworld sucks because of BA, BA, and AA.
You got that right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.