Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abyssmal food on board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:57 pm

tomj888, appreciate that you posted this. I am planning a return trip from LHR to LAX and choosing between FC and BC with points.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by stupidhead
...and there's definitely a segment of travelers that is maniacal about them (my sister says she'll sooner FedEx herself than fly AA for ex lol).
I'll never get this near-fetish for WN. At least ex-ATL, they're nearly always more expensive than AA/DL/UA/etc, and I hate the open seating and the group lottery. WN is good for non-FF-ers, but I haven't paid for checked bags in years, I get upgrades, and I can — theoretically! — use my AA miles to fly almost anywhere in the world. No thanks, but again, a good option for occasional flyers.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by born sleepy
I'll never get this near-fetish for WN. At least ex-ATL, they're nearly always more expensive than AA/DL/UA/etc, and I hate the open seating and the group lottery. WN is good for non-FF-ers, but I haven't paid for checked bags in years, I get upgrades, and I can — theoretically! — use my AA miles to fly almost anywhere in the world. No thanks, but again, a good option for occasional flyers.
Even for occasional flyers, Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant are actual low cost carriers and as long as your can read fare rules you will almost certainly get better value buying a ticket with them and paying for your checked bags. WN is a scam through and through.
freeagent likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Herb687
Sure. And apparently also for crowdsourcing the most mundane decisions in life..
Please keep opinions related to the topic at hand and not other fantasies.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Depends on travel patterns. Several of my friends are frequent flyers who travel domestically and Caribbean for vacation frequently. For them, companion pass is the greatest thing since sliced bread; their significant others fly free.

To each their own.
Daze and born sleepy like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by tomj888
On board, FC passengers were given the same food choices as those in Biz Class. The exact same menu. Not right IMHO
Is this news?
I always thought the F menu is pretty much the same as J with the exception of an additional course (made to order salad?) or the way the food is presented.
The service in J and F is also pretty much the same. AA has been like that for 20+ years.

The only significant difference onboard between J and F is the seat (and some like the J seat better).

One should know better of not expecting more from AA in F.
TWA884 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Is this news?
I always thought the F menu is pretty much the same as J with the exception of an additional course (made to order salad?) or the way the food is presented.
The service in J and F is also pretty much the same. AA has been like that for 20+ years.

The only significant difference onboard between J and F is the seat (and some like the J seat better).

I think F gets an amuse bouche extra.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Is this news?

20+ years? Absolutely, unequivocally, wrong. The difference between the two has been narrowing, but even right before COVID, F got amuse bouche, soup, full sized plated salad, totally different wine list, etc. Stop spreading misinformation.
ijgordon and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Is this news?

20+ years? Absolutely, unequivocally, wrong. The difference between the two has been narrowing, but even right before COVID, F got amuse bouche, soup, full sized plated salad, totally different wine list, etc. Stop spreading misinformation.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
F got amuse bouche, soup, full sized plated salad
So add $3.25 to the food cost then.
Parkdesigner and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
"going for greatness"!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Largely meaningless. The food in F was literally equally crappy as the food in J.

there were no material differences like you see on many other airlines between J and F.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:42 pm

Off-topic from food, but at least F on the transcons LAX/MIA got the Casper sleep sets while J didn't have them stocked for months over the summer. It was pretty disappointing.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Largely meaningless. The food in F was literally equally crappy as the food in J.

there were no material differences like you see on many other airlines between J and F.
I just used to pour myself a cup of the gouda red pepper bisque and bring it onboard with my J meal. Viola First class!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
What's the misinformation?
AA J and F are pretty much the same with the exception of the seat. That has not changed at least for the last 20 years (I started flying in 2002, you?)
Anything else besides the amuse bouche, soup and salad?
What wine in F is significantly better than in J?

Again, based on my own and other FTers experience, F feels almost exactly the same as J on AA (unlike other airlines). I am surprised you have felt any differently in the last 20 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.