Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by United16
Can anybody report on PHX-HNL? We're on a 789 next week and it says Lunch. I'm praying that his isn't another turkey sammich, even though I'm almost positive it will be
Unless there was an unannounced change, the PHX/LAX-Hawaii flights are stuck with the crAAptacular sandwich tray. Only the longer Hawaii flights, i.e. DFW/CLT-Hawaii get real, hot meals.
wrp96 and lotrbfme like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
So I'm flying ORD-SEA in F and the receipt says "Lunch"

Safe to assume it'll be a turkey sandwich?
I was on this route a few weeks ago (dinner time) and the options were a cheese sandwhich or a steak salad. I chose the steak salad, which was not a green leaf salad but more of a "southwestern salad" consisting of a small grain rice, corn, black beans, bell pepper, etc. and a few strips of beef. In reality, this would have been a great meal if served hot and not cold. But apparently, AA's galleys have ovens which spread Covid.

Also, the FAs on that flight were really just there for our safety, and nothing else. As soon as we hit 10K feet, they got up and took our drink orders, and served us our meal when they delivered the drinks. And that was it for the 4-hr flight. Two FAs in F on a 738. BTW, are the snack baskets no longer a thing? I haven't seen one of those in a while. I have on some recent AS flights, though.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by songzm
What should I expect for 5am DFW-CLT on 11/25? Should I expect a cold breakfast with 2 options or just morning snack? Also if there is breakfast on offer how FA will take the order onboard since there is no preorder options for this flight. Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Over the past few years every flight I've been on was served front to back, no matter the direction of travel.

Of course your mileage may vAAry...
Originally Posted by econ
Not sure if there are meal options on this flight, but orders should be taken front to back on eastbound flights.

My last few westbound flights, meal orders were taken back to front.
So I took flights on 11/25 and 11/30 and I can finally answer these questions mysefl.

On 11/25 5am DFW-CLT there was 2 options(meat or cheese sandwich), order was taken from the front to the back, since I sit in row 2 I was able to have a choice.

On 11/30 7pm DCA-DFW there was also 2 options, order was taken from the back to the front, some F pax seems a sleep so even I was in row 1 I was still able to have a choice.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
b_77W, thanks for posting the wine list! Deutz is definitely a solid Champagne choice for a domestic Flagship F.

-FlyerBeek
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I was on this route a few weeks ago (dinner time) and the options were a cheese sandwhich or a steak salad. I chose the steak salad, which was not a green leaf salad but more of a "southwestern salad" consisting of a small grain rice, corn, black beans, bell pepper, etc. and a few strips of beef. In reality, this would have been a great meal if served hot and not cold. But apparently, AA's galleys have ovens which spread Covid.

Also, the FAs on that flight were really just there for our safety, and nothing else. As soon as we hit 10K feet, they got up and took our drink orders, and served us our meal when they delivered the drinks. And that was it for the 4-hr flight. Two FAs in F on a 738. BTW, are the snack baskets no longer a thing? I haven't seen one of those in a while. I have on some recent AS flights, though.
Only if you let them get away with it. If the service is not "proactive", the call button above your seat makes the service "reactive". Don't be a shy sheep.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by songzm
So I took flights on 11/25 and 11/30 and I can finally answer these questions mysefl.

On 11/25 5am DFW-CLT there was 2 options(meat or cheese sandwich), order was taken from the front to the back, since I sit in row 2 I was able to have a choice.

On 11/30 7pm DCA-DFW there was also 2 options, order was taken from the back to the front, some F pax seems a sleep so even I was in row 1 I was still able to have a choice.
}

can you elaborate a bit on the breakfast sandwich? I have an upcoming 'breakfast' flight that I'm still trying to understand if I eat before the airport, in the lounge or on the plane...seems like maybe a bit of all 3 may happen
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
BTW, are the snack baskets no longer a thing? I haven't seen one of those in a while. I have on some recent AS flights, though.
There was a snack basket on PHX-SFO several days ago. AA snack basket offerings are not as good as what AS offers though, IMO.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
DFW-OGG

Overall great flight however they didn’t load any glassware.

The chipotle sauce on the side was outstanding.

Surf and turf consisted of one shrimp! LOL. The steak was delicious.

Hot fudge sundae and a Bailey’s.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Sundae looks amazing. I finally feel like we have defeated COVID!

-FlyerBeek
corky, apeortdz and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
But apparently, AA's galleys have ovens which spread Covid.
Only to pax! The ovens are Covid free and work very well for pilots who consistently get hot meals on these type of flights.
corky, wrp96, ValleyEarl and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Only to pax! The ovens are Covid free and work very well for pilots who consistently get hot meals on these type of flights.
Companies all over are using "COVID" as an excuse to cut costs. It's not limited to AA.

Last edited by aztimm; Dec 3, 2021 at 1:24 pm Reason: removed off-topic rant
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:39 am

[QUOTE=USFlyerUS;33779906]Companies all over are using "COVID" as an excuse to cut costs. It's not limited to AA.

However, the only way this will change is to keep complaining to AA about the quality of the meals.

If you keep buying tickets and riding them doesn't that just reenforce the wisdom of their cutbacks?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jiggs
}

can you elaborate a bit on the breakfast sandwich? I have an upcoming 'breakfast' flight that I'm still trying to understand if I eat before the airport, in the lounge or on the plane...seems like maybe a bit of all 3 may happen
I just learned the AC is closed at STL on weekends - so I'm stuck with the 'breakfast' tomorrow!!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
[QUOTE=Woofbite;33780406]
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
However, the only way this will change is to keep complaining to AA about the quality of the meals.
I'm not even eating these meals and I'm still complaining to AA.

Could you imagine flying 6 hours on a 321 from phx to hnl and in "first class" or as AA calls it on their website "the best way to fly" and have a flight attendant slap a saran wrapped sandwich labeled "PROTEIN" in front of you while the pilot and first officer get nice hot meals out of the oven?

Unacceptable.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=Woofbite;33780406]
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Companies all over are using "COVID" as an excuse to cut costs. It's not limited to AA.

If you keep buying tickets and riding them doesn't that just reenforce the wisdom of their cutbacks?
Yes and no. As I've told them a few times (and have gotten a personal call from an Executive Liaison), I've been understanding about some of this due to COVID but have been pretty open that I'm willing to switch carriers soon. Buying F makes me less dependent on status and means I'm more willing to consider other carriers if AA doesn't have a product I want. But, while I readily eat what is served now (my tolerance for mediocre food is probably higher than most), what is being served now is not competitive. And, as others have noted, smelling a hot meal for the pilots when we're eating a cold saran wrapped sandwich or no meal at all is ridiculous. Paying customers should have at least as much priority as employees when it comes to on board food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.