Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by cmichael1279
Was there a second breakfast option to that egg salad sandwich??
Turkey & Swiss on croissant sandwich.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I'm excited to self-cater my flights tomorrow! Cinnamon rolls for my morning segment and a sandwich for my lunch segment. I'm sad that there will be no passable lounge food options on my outbound but such is life.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I'm excited to self-cater my flights tomorrow! Cinnamon rolls for my morning segment and a sandwich for my lunch segment. I'm sad that there will be no passable lounge food options on my outbound but such is life.
Everyone else is probably going to look over at you in envy.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Start refreshing those screens folks, you heard the news broken here first and not from a random Jon in NYC: https://news.aa.com/home/default.aspx

Our customers were the first to tell us that they don't like seatback inflight entertainment and we've really done our best to listen by diligently removing screens from all narrow body aircraft throughout our fleet. Delta clearly doesn't understand travelers today.

Now, based on an extensive survey of a single post on FlyerTalk, customers are telling us that they're excited to self-cater so we're pleased to introduce the innovation of bring-your-own catering or BYOC.

This is truly revolutionary in the industry; passengers will never again run out of their dish of preference. For first class passengers we're please to announce microwave service; you bring your meal of choice and our inflight cabin crew can heat it up to 90 seconds per passenger. *

Citi and Barclay cardholders can enjoy an additional 15 seconds while Concierge Keys can receive a full two minutes before any other passenger meals.

* Not offered on six hour 737-MAX flights due to lack of ovens in rear galley.
denCSA, 96SS, Global321 and 11 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:16 am

FLL-DFW AA1429 Nov. 21 F class

I admire AA for bringing back meal service but the one I received marked as Steak Taco Salad set some kind of record.for the most weird meal I've ever seen.
It was a plate of quiona with what appeared to be shaved roast beef on top. No tortilla or chips of any sort, no lettuce, no salsa - nothing that looked like any taco
salad I ever had in my life. It came with plain corn, a sack of hard-as-rocks corn nuts, a bowl of hummus and carrot and zucchini sticks, a bowl of fruit and a brownie.
There was also a container of creamy vinaigrette dressing I couldn't figure out where to use. FInally dumped it on the corn since it had no seasoning at all. Of course
the whole meal was cold as ice but that's what you get with no ovens.
At least the flight attendant was great and gave out doubles shortly after take off and probably would have offered more later if asked.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Woofbite
FLL-DFW AA1429 Nov. 21 F class

I admire AA for bringing back meal service but the one I received marked as Steak Taco Salad set some kind of record.for the most weird meal I've ever seen.
It was a plate of quiona with what appeared to be shaved roast beef on top. No tortilla or chips of any sort, no lettuce, no salsa - nothing that looked like any taco
salad I ever had in my life. It came with plain corn, a sack of hard-as-rocks corn nuts, a bowl of hummus and carrot and zucchini sticks, a bowl of fruit and a brownie.
There was also a container of creamy vinaigrette dressing I couldn't figure out where to use. FInally dumped it on the corn since it had no seasoning at all. Of course
the whole meal was cold as ice but that's what you get with no ovens.
At least the flight attendant was great and gave out doubles shortly after take off and probably would have offered more later if asked.
PLEASE, complain to AA Customer Relations. They need to be overwhelmed with complaints about the disgusting things they are passing off as a meal. What you've described sounds like it came out of a trash can.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
PLEASE, complain to AA Customer Relations. They need to be overwhelmed with complaints about the disgusting things they are passing off as a meal. What you've described sounds like it came out of a trash can.
I assume you haven't seen my post on this delectable dish AA served me?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I did via the survey I got. I got a call from an Executive Liaison within 24 hours. People do read the feedback! Whether they change anything is another matter, but someone is reading the feedback.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:24 pm

I've searched for an answer but can't find one....just upgraded a flight for this Sunday from economy to first (PHX-LIH) and AA site says I can reserve a meal in advance...but I can't find any options to do that on my flight management page. The instructions on the AA site for doing this seem dated and don't really match the flight management screen. Any idea how to do this? Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TheBigVig
I've searched for an answer but can't find one....just upgraded a flight for this Sunday from economy to first (PHX-LIH) and AA site says I can reserve a meal in advance...but I can't find any options to do that on my flight management page. The instructions on the AA site for doing this seem dated and don't really match the flight management screen. Any idea how to do this? Thanks.
I was just about to post the same question...except my flight is PHX-HNL coming up in three weeks. When I bought the ticket, it was 29 days in advance and it gave me the option to reserve a meal. When I clicked on it, a window popped up but no meal choices appeared. Does anyone know what is going on with the PHX-Hawaii flights?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by enviroian
send a private message to aa on Twitter. Ask for follow up.
Just an update.. I wrote to twitter. They said boo hoo lol.

I wrote into the general email customer service line and they threw me 7,500 miles as a sorry.

For 6 hr intl flight and 4 hr intl flight not being catered in J, I would have rather taken an E-cert. where will I use 7500 miles? I stopped crediting to AA after hitting EXP this year already.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I did via the survey I got. I got a call from an Executive Liaison within 24 hours. People do read the feedback! Whether they change anything is another matter, but someone is reading the feedback.
So what did they say or just "We're sorry". I hope you gave them an earful.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Since the planned return to hot meals in domestic F didn't happen on Nov. 10th, I wonder if the meal destinations will go back to "refreshments" again.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBigVig
You can only pre-order on the DFW-Hawaii routes. The PHX-Hawaii routes get the crAAptacular sandwich mentioned upthread, so no pre-order.
TheBigVig likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:34 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Now I am here to tell you that AA have really excelled themselves on our MIA-POS. We were served the beef shaving s on some sort of mixed grains, (quinoa?) and pulses in some odd sauce. The Starter was actually devious thanks to the Parmesan sliver amd the Ranch Dressing. We both liked that. The Entrée if I dare call it that came in a plastic box that looked like Chinese Tupperware. It was extremely filling. Minus the beans it is the sort of mess with which Vegabores stuff their faces before gazing disgustedly at we planet destroying carnivores. the packed Brownie desert was truly disgusting.

All this was served by two of AA’s excellent FAs. They were just delightful and so friendly and keen to please. I adored them. They were the old AA that I remembered when the service was provided by Ladies and Gentlemen as opposed to some I have encountered who seem to have been recruited from The Motorbike Gazette. Apart from Aviation Gin being so-so, I have to say that I enjoyed my flight despite the Gym Bouncers Energy Entrée. My dog would have loved it.
chrisny2 and platbrownguy like this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Nov 23, 2021 at 4:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.