Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite choice rewards starts 2021 - new for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheDudeAbides
Beginning “early in 2021” AA rolls out changes in their Elite choice if rewards options for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members.

Link to AAdvantage Program Updates - Elite Status Updates for 2021.“Starting in early 2021, when you qualify for Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum status with the adjusted 2021 requirements, you’ll have the flexibility to choose the rewards that matter most to you.

For our Platinum Pro members, you’ll receive 1 reward choice in addition to the current benefits.

For our Executive Platinum members, systemwide upgrades will now become 1 of many reward choices. You can choose to maintain up to the 4 systemwide upgrades you receive today, or you’ll have the flexibility to select a different reward. All of your other existing Executive Platinum benefits will remain the same.”

When members qualify for Executive Platinum, they can choose from two of the following (two of the same rewards can be selected, except where noted):

- Two (2) Systemwide Upgrades (SWUs)

- 25,000 AAdvantage miles (30,000 for AAdvantage credit card holders holders)

- Carbon emissions offset

- $200 donation to one of ten partner charities

- Gift of Gold status

- $200 AA travel voucher

- Individual Admirals Club membership (requires of two choices)

- 10,000 bonus EQMs (can only be selected once)

- Choice of Bang & Olufsen product

When you qualify for Platinum Pro, you can choose from one of the following:

- One (1) Systemwide Upgrade (SWU)

- 20,000 AAdvantage miles (25,000 miles for AAdvantage credit card holders)

- One-time 15% off award discount

- Carbon emissions offset

- $200 donation to one of ten partner charities

- Six (6) Admirals Club one-day passes

- $200 AA travel voucher

Other changes also mean Platinum Pro elite status becomes oneworld Emerald status. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030114-aa-platinum-pro-become-oneworld-emerald-future.html.

Summary: Executive Platinum members gain more choices than the four SWUs. They can receive four SWU, or two SWU and another benefit.

Platinum Pro members can now select a choice benefit, including a SWU previously only available to Executive Platinum members).

Print Wikipost

Elite choice rewards starts 2021 - new for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Cool Segment run

Originally Posted by njvandy
Yes, award flights booked with AA miles on AA metal count
You are all correct. I just completed a 6-sement award trip in 31 hours (overnight in SHV) and got upgraded to first on all segments, 5 segments have cleared so far.

It annoys me that someone who had to travel might not have gotten the upgrade because my status allowed me to preempt them. But I wasn't going to give up the upgrades when I had so many flights to take. Glad they've done away with the segment requirement for 2023-24.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is anyone else boxed out of selecting 60k and 100k loyalty choice benefits? I’m trying to choose them and it’s saying I already did and I’m certain I didn’t.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is anyone else boxed out of selecting 60k and 100k loyalty choice benefits? I’m trying to choose them and it’s saying I already did and I’m certain I didn’t.
I believe the 20% and 30% are automatically applied. I see the option to link my Avis account (it is at the bottom of the promotions list just above the SWUs).
JJeffrey and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Yea, there's nothing to choose at the 60k and 100k levels. The 20% and 30% bonuses kick in automatically and for the Avis status you just link your accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.