Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Incorrect status showing on AA (should have dropped)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrect status showing on AA (should have dropped)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
I got the notice that they are downgrading me from Dirt+ (Gold) to regular Dirt.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by blufish312
Do I have a leg to stand on in complaining about the removed status, or should I just move on with my life and use Delta for my backup flights as needed?
I'd move on, nothing to gain here.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Just got an e-mail as well. Figured that they would catch and fix the glitch at some point.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
When I dropped from PPro to nothing I continued to enjoy my status for about 2 weeks after it should have ended. During the transition there was a big snafu with an upgrade that cleared, then wouldn't let me check in, then asked for stickers, then the agent couldn't get stickers to apply. Then spent 10 mins on the phone then just gave me the upgrade. The next day my account fully showed no status.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
AA is such a mess. I guess I somehow got caught up in whatever the issue was as I got the email mentioned above. I actually paid miles in January to keep Gold through 2020 but now showing as General Member. AA really cant shoot straight. I am sure this will be fun to get straightened out.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by mcgahat
AA is such a mess. I guess I somehow got caught up in whatever the issue was as I got the email mentioned above. I actually paid miles in January to keep Gold through 2020 but now showing as General Member. AA really cant shoot straight. I am sure this will be fun to get straightened out.
This is just another feather in the cap of AA blunders over the past few years. I'm not even surprised anymore.
mcgahat and blufish312 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by cfo314
I'd move on, nothing to gain here.
Fair enough. Situations like this (things being cleared for upgrades then showing up to the airport to not have a seat) are the reason I let my ExPlat status lapse in 2018 in favor of 1K.
cfo314 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:15 pm

Just checked in for my flight MSY-DFW for tomorrow and my app is showing my "new" status while my BP still has my old status level. Seems like they still have a few bugs to be worked out with this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Had the same issue and received the same email. It really reinforces the decision to drop AA when they can't figure out something as simple as who qualified for which status.... What a mess!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Received an email back at the beginning of the month stating that I had qualified for the next tier of AA status (Platinum). as I knew I wouldn't be getting enough segments for the next year I started flying on my primary airline (United).

Received the following email today, stating that they granted me the status in error and had corrected it - I am now back down to gold.
So you got exactly what you expected (and made a conscious choice about).

Do I have a leg to stand on in complaining about the removed status...
No. You're welcome to direct your complaint here

... or should I just move on with my life and use Delta for my backup flights as needed?
Yes.

Safe travels on Delta.

cheers!
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by AAir_head
So you got exactly what you expected (and made a conscious choice about).

No. You're welcome to direct your complaint here

Yes.

Safe travels on Delta.

cheers!
Why thank you, sir! Posted from first class upgrade on a United flight. Decision to drop AA reinforced. 😁
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Why thank you, sir! Posted from first class upgrade on a United flight. Decision to drop AA reinforced. 😁
Well there you are then—United’s perks brought you back to them, your primary airline. So loyalty perks for higher status work!
blufish312 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
So the question is now that they're fixing this problem is if their system will properly reconcile their summary with the actual activity as I've posted about here:
These Numbers Do Not Add Up (in my account activity summary)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.