Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I wasn't aware that EY had taken on HM planes too. I knew they did code shares. What routes do they use them on?
Originally Posted by JonNYC
To be honest, don't have the slightest idea! All I know is that its one of the 3 exceptions listed for EY:
Actually, as a fellow member pointed out, didn't take much searching-prowess to find:
Attached Images  
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Another member passed along this:
http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/10/eyhm-w15/
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Which exact flight did you have in mind-- reason I ask is if it's EY flight but on Air Seychelles Configured Aircraft (still will appear as entirely EY flight, similar or identical to flights folks refer to as Jetihad-- wet-lease arrangement) those -are- eligible for redemption.

But obviously if you mean an actual Air Seychelles flight then definitely not.
I am trying to find award seats for JNB TO SEZ next April. I also have a stockpile of MR and UR points if there is way to use those for this route, but I would prefer use Aadvantge miles. Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Actually, as a fellow member pointed out, didn't take much searching-prowess to find:
Interesting. Thank you ^
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Dropping one leg of award travel

Hi,

I am booked on a ICN-AUH-DOH itinerary on EY/QR, continuing to AMM the day after. While this is great, I changed my mind and booked (the day I am supposed to fly to AMM) another award on QR to KGL. Question: will I have troubles with my two reservations? Also, I will have checked baggage, but I should be able to collect it in Doha since I have an overnight connection, am I right?

I am posting it here because I used AA miles.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by oneworld82
I am booked on a ICN-AUH-DOH itinerary on EY/QR, continuing to AMM the day after. While this is great, I changed my mind and booked (the day I am supposed to fly to AMM) another award on QR to KGL. Question: will I have troubles with my two reservations?
This is best situated in the relevant thread for the award type you're booking, which is where I will shift the discussion.

Also, I will have checked baggage, but I should be able to collect it in Doha since I have an overnight connection, am I right?
This question has nothing to do with AA, and should probably be posed in the relevant forum for the airline operating the first flight of that leg.

~Moderator
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:27 am

How to add stopover in london using american airline miles

We are traveling from SFO-BLR via london using american airlines miles.
American airlines do not allow stopover in london. We need to book two separate award tickets to have that stopover. This would cost us extra miles and extra dollars(business class).
Are there any ideas/experience with adding a stopover in london on the same award ticket? This is our routing in case playing with extra leg/rerouting could work:
Depart:
SFO-LHR-BLR
return
DEL-SFO
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
If you're starting a new booking, click "advanced search" on AA homepage. Then select the multi-city feature.
Flight 1: SFO-LHR
Flight 2: LHR-BLR
Flight 3: DEL-SFO

If you already booked a ticket, and trying to add the London stopover, call AA customer service.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I believe that you will need to look for a set of flights where the time between the arrival in London and the departure to India is less than twenty-four hours. Once you have the flights, and you know that there is award availability, I would call AA and see if they can ticket it for you. You may want to place that call before you start looking for flights, to see whether it can be ticketed as a single award.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
How long of stopover are you planning at London? As handspring088 has mentioned, if you are looking at overnight stopover where arrival and departure at LHR is less than 24 hrs., then I think it is possible if there is a schedule which will work out that way. However, if you want to stay at London for three or four days then I think only option is two separate award ticket, SFO-LHR and LHR-BLR.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:13 am

beware of BA's fuel surcharge if flying out of heathrow.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:06 pm

Thanks for the responses. So far I only know that if I need to add stopover which is more than 24 hours, I would need to separate award tickets. This is based on call made to AA. And yes, my stopover is 4 days.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by naika_m
Thanks for the responses. So far I only know that if I need to add stopover which is more than 24 hours, I would need to separate award tickets. This is based on call made to AA. And yes, my stopover is 4 days.
The information you have been provided is correct. If you want a 4 day stopover in London then you will have to book two awards.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Correct - stopovers are not permitted on a single award greater than 24 hours.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
We are traveling from SFO-BLR via london using american airlines miles.
American airlines do not allow stopover in london. We need to book two separate award tickets to have that stopover. This would cost us extra miles and extra dollars(business class).
Are there any ideas/experience with adding a stopover in london on the same award ticket? This is our routing in case playing with extra leg/rerouting could work:
Depart:
SFO-LHR-BLR
return
DEL-SFO
As you're looking to redeem a oneworld and Other Airline award, I'll go ahead and merge this into the extant thread on that award type.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.