FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA 45 CDG-JFK : Confirming AA's lousy service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1989236-aa-45-cdg-jfk-confirming-aas-lousy-service.html)

PUCCI GALORE Sep 29, 2019 1:10 pm

This nonsense will continue until a Service Manager with authority over the crew is created. This attitude comes from having a couldn’t-care-less attitude where any old thing will do. I had this on a flight LAX-LHR only two weeks ago. It was not F, it was J but it was abundantly obvious that not one member of the crew was interested. The Purser was clearly extremely senior and didn’t come near the cabin as far as I could tell.

Until someone one is responsible for managing service aboard and to deal with any issues this will never improve.

JonNYC Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31576276)
This nonsense will continue until a Service Manager with authority over the crew is created. This attitude comes from having a couldn’t-care-less attitude where any old thing will do. I had this on a flight LAX-LHR only two weeks ago. It was not F, it was J but it was abundantly obvious that not one member of the crew was interested. The Purser was clearly extremely senior and didn’t come near the cabin as far as I could tell.

Until someone one is responsible for managing service aboard and to deal with any issues this will never improve.

Union contract prohibits it (one FA reporting on/evaluating/etc another.) AA would *love* to have it otherwise, but it aint gonna happen.

seigex Sep 29, 2019 2:24 pm

As someone who flies ANA J/F often with hands down awesome service that tries to provide a comfortable service-based experience for the passenger and super friendly FAs, when I have to fly international on AA (usually to NRT or HKG), it's a total let down. It's painfully obvious that providing service to passengers is getting in the way of candy crush or chit chat with coworkers about relationships and destinations behind a curtain.

PUCCI GALORE Sep 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 31576328)
Union contract prohibits it (one FA reporting on/evaluating/etc another.) AA would *love* to have it otherwise, but it aint gonna happen.

I suppose that I have in mind something like the Cabin Service Directors that other carriers have - would that come under the rule?

JonNYC Sep 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31576697)
I suppose that I have in mind something like the Cabin Service Directors that other carriers have - would that come under the rule?

It would.

Antarius Sep 29, 2019 5:00 pm

And thus the vicious cycle of lowest common denominator continues.

Theres that saying about dragging one down to their level and beating them with experience.

Herb687 Sep 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Which is why it is absolutely critical that when one of us experiences terrible service on AA, we report it to AA with specifics and NAME NAMES as opposed to starting yet another rant-filled "AA sucks" FT thread.

I'm curious if the APFA contract allows for AA management to hire non-employee "mystery shoppers" to fly on flights and for AA to initiate disciplinary action as a result of their findings.

enviroian Sep 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31576766)
And thus the vicious cycle of lowest common denominator continues.

ding ding ding.......

ijgordon Sep 29, 2019 5:50 pm

There’s gotta be a way to publicly “shame” the union for this kind of stuff. Surely the flying and general public weighing in (via the media I suppose ) can shake it up...just a little? Are there any other professions where employees have near-total impunity?!

JonNYC Sep 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 31576792)
..I'm curious if the APFA contract allows for AA management to hire non-employee "mystery shoppers" to fly on flights and for AA to initiate disciplinary action as a result of their findings.

HA! good one.

Antarius Sep 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 31576871)
There’s gotta be a way to publicly “shame” the union for this kind of stuff. Surely the flying and general public weighing in (via the media I suppose ) can shake it up...just a little? Are there any other professions where employees have near-total impunity?!

College athletics. And any good ol' boys club company/industry.

Other than that, Belarus or North Korean goverment maybe?

rumboj Sep 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 31576792)
Which is why it is absolutely critical that when one of us experiences terrible service on AA, we report it to AA with specifics and NAME NAMES as opposed to starting yet another rant-filled "AA sucks" FT thread.

I'm curious if the APFA contract allows for AA management to hire non-employee "mystery shoppers" to fly on flights and for AA to initiate disciplinary action as a result of their findings.

I concur wholeheartedly. I have never understood why people are so quick to start threads but never bother to complain to the Company. After all, this isn’t AA Customer Relations. However, it was explained to me that some people just want to vent and posting provides a forum for that...

So I guess it will just continue to be more of the same.

FLYaway3x Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31574749)
AA FAs are there for your SAFETY. Not to actually provide good (or any) service. They are mostly just trying to get to their destination without stupid passengers hassling them while they gossip.

While I hear this time and time again (here in a sarcastic tone). A real question comes to mind. If these extremely senior flight attendants can’t perform their in flight duties satisfactorily, while should I trust them with the life of my loved ones? To me the two are connected.

Antarius Sep 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by rumboj (Post 31576918)
I concur wholeheartedly. I have never understood why people are so quick to start threads but never bother to complain to the Company. After all, this isn’t AA Customer Relations. However, it was explained to me that some people just want to vent and posting provides a forum for that...

So I guess it will just continue to be more of the same.

Why do you assume that people only post here and dont write to AA?

jmj9905 Sep 29, 2019 7:57 pm

This why I fly other OW airlines internationally. I haven't flown AA internationally since pre Parker. YMMV.