AA schedule change

Old Jun 9, 19, 8:31 am
Original Poster

AA schedule change

Greetings and needing Sage FT wisdom

Reserved AA NRT-DFW ( arrive DFW 8:40 AM) connecting to JAC
Original ticket had enough time to clear immigration, customs etc and connect to 11am flight to JAC
AA schedule change now made connection to JAC impossible

Called AA reservations to rebook/reroute but no options available resulting in overnight at DFW

Inquired if AA would provide lodging for 1 night due their schedule change, Reservations advised to contact Customer Relations, Customer Relations came back twice to contact reservations.

I explained to Customer Relations that Reservations could not provide any alternatives except overnighting in DFW

Do you think AA should provide hotel or I'm on my own here?

Thank you
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald
You're on your own as far as a hotel is concerned. If you don't like the schedule change and can't suggest a better routing, then you could alternatively cancel for a refund. But no hotel.
Old Jun 11, 19, 4:46 am

Had a ticket LAX ORD LHR. Originally had 48 minutes to connect . I know its tight, but carry on only. Now with the schedule change over the weekend, the departure stayed the same but now the equipment is 737 and arrival is 12 minutes later leaving me with 35 minutes to connect. What should I do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. This is for after Labor Day.
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cyberUAL View Post
Had a ticket LAX ORD LHR. Originally had 48 minutes to connect . I know its tight, but carry on only. Now with the schedule change over the weekend, the departure stayed the same but now the equipment is 737 and arrival is 12 minutes later leaving me with 35 minutes to connect. What should I do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. This is for after Labor Day.
Call AA, tell them the schedule change now leaves you with a 35 min connection at ORD which is much too tight for your liking, and ask them to put you on a LAX-LHR nonstop.
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA will reroute you at your request. Either an earlier LAX-ORD or LAX-LHR. Before calling, take a look at the options. That way, it is for you to ask, rather than an AA agent to select for you.
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by MtnTraveler View Post

Original ticket had enough time to clear immigration, customs etc and connect to 11am flight to JAC

Called AA reservations to rebook/reroute but no options available resulting in overnight at DFW

Inquired if AA would provide lodging for 1 night due their schedule change, Reservations advised to contact Customer Relations, Customer Relations came back twice to contact reservations.

I explained to Customer Relations that Reservations could not provide any alternatives except overnighting in DFW

Thank you
You are on your own for a hotel and meals. After your arrival, you could send a note to AA and AA may issue a few miles as a gesture.

Your alternative is to look at other routings and propose one of those if there is anything better or you could cancel for a full refund and book on any other carrier.
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Ask for a better routing.
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold

Thank you
Though it depends on the date that you are traveling, did you check aa.com to see what options were available before calling? On some days, there may be a connection through ORD which would avoid the overnight. They also might be able to put you on a JL codeshare flight or you might be able to leave from HND (if that is a viable option). However, I suggest you might do your own research first. Then, call and ask for a specific reroute.
Old Jun 16, 19, 1:25 am

UPDATE: I was able to get my flight changed to a nonstop from LAXLHR. Thank you everyone for your advice.
Antarius, wrp96 and seigex like this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 10:29 am

Thank you
I'm seeing the last flight of the day to JAC is 550pm.

AA also seems to have a 6:17pm departure from LAX to JAC nonstop, so maybe ask to route via LAX which looks like a connection with plenty of time - about six hours.
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Just to emphasize what almost all regular posters on this board know - schedule changes are generally viewed as an opportunity. AA (and most other airlines) will be very flexible about giving you a better routing if they make a schedule change. Sometimes it can be small, almost inconsequential - an 80 minute connection becomes 60 - and they will still re-route you. But always check schedules before you call and know what to ask for.
ShortDog likes this.