Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA of the Decade - very poor experience, threats to disembark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA of the Decade - very poor experience, threats to disembark

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Who is hiring these people? I have encountered a similar LUS mainline FA out of PHX and it's baffling to me. If I acted like this in my job I would have been fired years ago.
Can't blame the hiring committee. Most candidates can act on their best behavior for the duration of the job interview. There's no reliable way to determine whether the candidate will crack under pressure and/or take out frustration on others.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by davie355
Can't blame the hiring committee. Most candidates can act on their best behavior for the duration of the job interview. There's no reliable way to determine whether the candidate will crack under pressure and/or take out frustration on others.
AA has (or used to have) a "probationary period" of 6 months to weed these nut jobs out.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
Maybe it's me, but asking for any coffee drink as a PDB strikes me as unnecessarily high maintenance. The FA doesn't brew coffee just in case someone in F orders it during boarding. They have to make a pot, then dump it before takeoff. How do you expect them to play Candy Crush if they're serving passengers during boarding.
You are right. However, if FA said she would prepare a coffee and it would be ready in a few minutes, then you expect it would be available in a few. Coming back with 'no hot drinks on the ground' is not justified. Why didn't the FA say that in the very first response to the pax's request? If the FA came back and said 'Sorry, coffee is still not ready yet. but I would definitely get you one in the air.' How hard would it be?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:59 pm

This is one of those you should post to social media and hopes it explodes.
That's all companies respond to nowadays.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hot coffee is served as a PDB n many early morning flights and it's an uncommon request on business oriented routes. It's understandable if the FA wants to limit PDBs to simple things but this can be communicated politely.

If the FA was threatening to kick passengers off the flight, I'd also complain to the DOT.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:09 pm

Coffee, high maintenance?

I can assure you that coffee PDB is standard issue on early morning Shuttles. Hardly unusual or high maintenance. Whem flying premium cabin, coffee hardly seems premium unless one is AApologizing.
tampatravel and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
This seems like a typical FA on many of my AA and affiliated regional carrier flights these days. Horrible, just horrible. Some are very good, but many are not and the experience is so inconsistent that inconsistency is the only consistent thing about AA these days.
Finally, someone points out the obvious. This is one of the reasons why I have stopped using AA. My experience was particularly bad on the east coast. The rudeness, and bullying was one thing, but the overt dismissive response when the issue was documented in a complaint to AA is why I now avoid the airline. It's all part and parcel of the rot that is AA. I never once had one of these episodes on Delta, Air Canada or United on these routes. What will it take to get AA management to care?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
You are right. However, if FA said she would prepare a coffee and it would be ready in a few minutes, then you expect it would be available in a few. Coming back with 'no hot drinks on the ground' is not justified. Why didn't the FA say that in the very first response to the pax's request? If the FA came back and said 'Sorry, coffee is still not ready yet. but I would definitely get you one in the air.' How hard would it be?
Agreed, and I have heard that statement many times while on the ground
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I would report this FA to the DOT/FAA as they are a threat to safety on every single flight they work. I would fear for my life having someone like that "in charge of my safety". They have no business being in an environment like that.
enviroian and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's this about the FAA not allowing hot beverages in the ground?
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What's this about the FAA not allowing hot beverages in the ground?
invented rule by the FA

As a general, sociological matter, people from lower class backgrounds have a greater tendency to invent rules to induce compliance in others.
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Finally, someone points out the obvious. This is one of the reasons why I have stopped using AA. My experience was particularly bad on the east coast. The rudeness, and bullying was one thing, but the overt dismissive response when the issue was documented in a complaint to AA is why I now avoid the airline. It's all part and parcel of the rot that is AA. I never once had one of these episodes on Delta, Air Canada or United on these routes. What will it take to get AA management to care?
Did you reach out to the operating carrier?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:24 pm
FTA

Record it and post it on social media. <redacted by moderator>

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 7, 2019 at 11:56 pm Reason: Masked profanity removed by moderator
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Demand to see the Flight Crew's SIDA credential.

Always travel with DOT complaint forms, with extra copies to hand out to fellow surrounding passengers.

Be prepared to get kicked off the Flight .
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Who is hiring these people? I have encountered a similar LUS mainline FA out of PHX and it's baffling to me. If I acted like this in my job I would have been fired years ago.
In many industries, you are lucky if a warm body shows up for work as scheduled. Look for more and more kiosks to replace humans. McDonald's Corporation has embraced the concept.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.