Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Changes coming to Aadvantage Program in March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Changes coming to Aadvantage Program in March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
She used the word appreciate, which made me think it was connected to a topic we had discussed, and it was in reference to the Aadvantage program. I pressed, but she would not give more information
Based on your negative words regarding your fit in the FF program maybe she was referring to a clause that would justify dropping you
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Introduction of PE awards at current J sAAver levels. J and F awards go up.

Gotta stay optimistic.
boss315 and chitink like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Out of the blue Status giveaways to people that don’t fly AA, upping the bennies (yawn) midyear to fly 150K/200K/250K, the usual buyup offers at year end, and now this.

All signs of an exodus and AA is noticing...whether they actually do anything to reverse elites leaving (or ‘left’ in the case of myself) remain to be seen.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Following the historical trend, EXP qualifying EQDs raised to $18K..
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
People will be pleased with the PE chart— or slightly less miserable and dyspeptic than usual, anyway.
Wild speculation...USA-Europe, currently 30K in Y, 60K in J. I think 35K in PE would be reasonable. But I bet it will be 45K or 50K.

Indeed availability is more important for those of us who have the miles. But how many people pay cash for PE anyway? They should make lots of awards available, especially if priced at 45-50K...but probably won't.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
The info from JonNYC is not so useful without an award chart. Will they price it closer to J than to Y, in the hope of making people think it is a premium product?

Also, why would a disgruntled ExPlat become gruntled because of this?
Originally Posted by JonNYC

People will be pleased with the PE chart— or slightly less miserable and dyspeptic than usual, anyway.
Maybe if they actually make PE award inventory available or available without married segments people would have a shot at being pleased.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Indeed availability is more important for those of us who have the miles. But how many people pay cash for PE anyway? They should make lots of awards available, especially if priced at 45-50K...but probably won't.
Anecdotally, a lot. Judging by how airlines who have had PE for a while (BA) have kept it and others like the US3 are adding it as fast as possible, it seems that the math is working as well.

Last week SIN-IAH was 1000 in Y, 1400 in W and 4500 in J one way. There wasn't a chance I was going to spend 4500 one way on J - I'm far too cheap for that. I booked PE and applies a SWU from NRT to DFW. PE on JL is excellent, I cleared to J on AA and I got the bonus EQMs. No brainer, IMO.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:18 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

PE awards will be appreciated and add a bit of value for some members which will be a positive change.

If AA wants to add tremendous value to the program for EXPs. They can adopt similar SDFC rules to UA’s SDC program.

This for me will be huge.

Just wanted to throw this out there.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Gold will have their own boarding group?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Wild speculation...USA-Europe, currently 30K in Y, 60K in J. I think 35K in PE would be reasonable. But I bet it will be 45K or 50K.
57.5k for J! Stop giving AA any more ideas!

But yes, I think somewhere in the 35-40k range for PE to Europe would be reasonable.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
57.5k for J! Stop giving AA any more ideas!

But yes, I think somewhere in the 35-40k range for PE to Europe would be reasonable.
I would really be surprised if AA 1) determined the “premium” for PE would be worth ONLY 5K to 10K AND 2) did not deem an increase in the cost of Business sAAver awards to be necessary.

I am just hiding under my bed, rocking away...waiting for the shoe to drop.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
exeplat using swu on his/her own to be booked into I class instead of C class.
donotblink likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

I'm generally a tightwad, but even I don't think 5K is a "reasonable" premium for PE over standard economy. If you are hoping for that, I think you are likely to be disappointed.

Regards
JonNYC, rumboj and SightseeMC like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
AA is a horrible ffp with no redeeming qualities, and it is getting worse and worse, did you tell her that?
mrjohnnyt, Spiff and roberto99 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
AA is a horrible ffp with no redeeming qualities, and it is getting worse and worse, did you tell her that?
hyperbole much?
CFM3RD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.