Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: I have received an interim status offer + challenge and am
taking advantage of this offer and will take up the challenge too
60.00%
using my interim status but won’t attempt a challenge
20.00%
ignoring this offer - it’s just not for me
15.00%
Other: please post below
5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Status Challenge promotional (targeted) offer

Courtesy of eyi: Sign into your account and look under promotions to see if you're targeted.

Must sign up prior to travel. Ends 15 May 2019.

Courtesy of Pedro M:

“You've been selected to receive free American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status through May 15, 2019, where you'll experience all the benefits of Gold status. Plus, elevate your experience with ten 500-mile upgrades just for registering — no strings attached.

Want to keep Gold status or earn an even higher status through January 2020?
Earn the following Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and May 15, 2019.

Elite status level - EQMs needed - EQDs needed

Gold 25,000 7,000 $3,000 $850

Platinum 50,000 12,500 $6,000 $1,500

Platinum Pro 75,000 20,500 $9,000 $2,400

Executive Platinum 100,000 35,000 $15,000 $5,000”

There is now second targeted promotional.
Based on reports here, it requires travel by 25 Sep 2019, and provides status through Jan 2021.
Print Wikipost

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:50 pm

No offer/challenge for me or my wife. We haven’t flow with them in sometime but she is card holder and earns about 1000 miles a month. I just became a card holder as well.

We did just just recently book a trip to iah first class so maybe it will be triggered sometime soon.. idk
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Plus, seems that those who got the offer didn't travel that much.

My mother got the email, she mainly flies B6 and had 6 AA segments last year. While she got the Plat Pro email, I doubt she will change her travel path to earn a status she might not fully use.
no flights for either one of us and neither got the offer via email or on our accounts.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I'm still waiting on my CK challenge offer.

I tried registering with the code FATCHANCE but no luck yet.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are no new promotions. Check back later.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 pm

Gold isn't worth anything that the card won't offer, MCE at check in if that means Much. Platnium pro would be a definite benefit as Platnium itself isn't near what it was worth 4 years ago.

However I'm not sure I'd your a new Plat Pro and a Platnium has more EQD than you would the Platnium get bumped for upgrades before you?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Data Points:
Only fly AA occasionally. Sitting on a 130k miles left from CC
Was offered Plat and the chance to go for Plat Pro.
No longer elite with any airline--playing the field.

I took the offer. It will be interesting to self experiment and see if it sways my decisions over the next few months.
I do love connecting in ORD for Frontera; might be all the nudge i need.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
My wife received an offer for Platinum Pro through May 2019. I didn't receive any offer.

Don't know what factors matter. Neither of us have status with any airline anymore - gave up chasing that a few years back. We both had one roundtrip last spring on AA, using AAdvantage miles. Otherwise my wife hasn't flown AA since. I've had two paid AA roundtrips for work last year. Both of our AAdvantages balances are pretty low...both have the Barclay's Red Aviator card, wife has Citi AA Biz.

She signed up for the promotion but it isn't going to impact her travel, which is already set through May and doesn't include any AA metal. Next flight on AA metal isn't until July. We do have a 3-week trip in March on oneworld carriers, all award redemptions (part of which was an AA partner award). However everything is in J so I don't think her status will really matter. She certainly isn't going to go out and buy new, or alter existing, travel to try and retain the status.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by raehl311
This is clearly an attempt to poach elites.
Then AA needs to change their algorithm because they are hitting a lot of people with no status anywhere.
ijgordon, 84fiero and wj2005 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Then AA needs to change their algorithm because they are hitting a lot of people with no status anywhere.
what are the dates on these emails as well? Did they already send them out and now people are finding out about them or are they still sending them out?

i wonder if you call them and say a friend for this offer if they would give it to you as well?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by wj2005

what are the dates on these emails as well? Did they already send them out and now people are finding out about them or are they still sending them out?

i wonder if you call them and say a friend for this offer if they would give it to you as well?
I got mine on January 8.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by tenpins77
Gold isn't worth anything that the card won't offer, MCE at check in if that means Much. Platnium pro would be a definite benefit as Platnium itself isn't near what it was worth 4 years ago.

However I'm not sure I'd your a new Plat Pro and a Platnium has more EQD than you would the Platnium get bumped for upgrades before you?
Status before EQD, so a PLT Pro would get upgraded before a PLT. That's my problem with this. Someone who has never flown AA is offered PP status and they would upgrade before me.
bosman and allset2travel like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
You can call an request a challenge, but I doubt saying your friend got an offer is going to help you get the same offer
That said, the odds of getting anything are probably better if you call then if you don't
wj2005 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Wife's came in the US mail yesterday (09 January).
wj2005 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Is this once per lifetime?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
Status before EQD, so a PLT Pro would get upgraded before a PLT. That's my problem with this. Someone who has never flown AA is offered PP status and they would upgrade before me.
Yes, but it makes perfect sense in terms of marketing. Someone upthread put it best, this is an attempt to poach people who have status from UA and DL.
wj2005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.