FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948542-archive-newbie-lounge-2019-ask-newbie-aa-questions-here-flame-free.html)

Marsh11 Jul 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31297512)

it can only happen when economy is oversold and they need to move people to biz. Don’t expect to be upgraded just because you are EXP

That's a bummer. Seems like other alliances do this. Anyway thanks for the answer.

Marsh11 Jul 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31297512)

it can only happen when economy is oversold and they need to move people to biz. Don’t expect to be upgraded just because you are EXP

Even if they are oversold, wouldn't they upgrade their own elites over a partner's? I've never really heard of one partner's elite regularly getting upgrades on another partner's metal.

Mwenenzi Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm

business-class.com

Originally Posted by Marsh11 (Post 31297530)
Has anyone here tried business-class.com? They seem to have good prices, but apparently it's like the original Priceline model where they don't tell you the carrier. I emailed them and they said I could request a particular airline or alliance.

I'm wondering if they actually book into F, J, A, D, I or R. My main interest would be to earn EQMs. If they use some special fares that don't qualify, that's less appealing.

Have you emailed/phoned them to ask? (FT is not the place to ask)
Or just another scam site selling awards?
If its too good to be true its ##############

NYC Flyer Jul 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Marsh11 (Post 31297530)
Hi there,

Has anyone here tried business-class.com...they don't tell you the carrier.
Thanks

Sounds like they are a mileage broker.

gateH15 Jul 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer (Post 31298153)
Sounds like they are a mileage broker.

I wonder how come airlines didn’t shut them down yet? Seems like they have been around for at least 2-3 years

Uzzar Jul 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31298155)

I wonder how come airlines didn’t shut them down yet? Seems like they have been around for at least 2-3 years

i guess it's a sink for all the 60k bonus miles they give away for signing up for barclays...

gateH15 Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 31298324)
i guess it's a sink for all the 60k bonus miles they give away for signing up for barclays...

I got curious and gave them a call for fun. When I asked what class I’ll be booked not, they tried to avoid the question. Finally the lady said that some tickets will be booked with miles. So yeah it’s a mileage broker and I would strongly advice to stay away if you do t want AA corporate security to send you an email.

SunkissedMommy Jul 13, 2019 5:35 am

Potentially dumb question, but I won't know if I don't ask..

Is there a site or a way to search for a list of all the non-stop flights out of a certain airport on a particular day?

Background: My husband and I want to get away for a long weekend. We don't want to waste time on any connections. Just looking for non-stop flights from one of our local airports (PBI, FLL, and even possibly MIA because I know there would be more options from that last one as a HUB). We don't have a set destination in mind, we're open to whatever city has non-stop flights as a reasonable price! Looking over a list, rather than searching over and over, would be a little easier for us to narrow down some options to then throw in a hat and pick at random! We want to stick with American since we now have a bunch of miles and would rather build up something here.

I asked Mr Google and nothing I found there really gave me a good answer.

EDIT: Is the answer Wikipedia? All of my years as an educator has taught me to shun that site, but I am seeing that it lists the cities each airline flies to. I just don't know how accurate or up to date it is kept.

MathMusic Jul 13, 2019 6:57 am

If you are looking for American flights, AA has the route map. You can see everywhere you can fly from a given city and then sort it by number of stops to see direct flights only.

American Airlines Map

JDiver Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am

A oneworld interactive map by innosked will also display flights out of any selected airport, and sorts nonstop first. link

Ishrion Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am

Let's say you have a 1000+ mi flight and you're in first class. The departure time is around 12:00 a.m. Do you get any food/snacks?

gateH15 Jul 13, 2019 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Ishrion (Post 31299669)
Let's say you have a 1000+ mi flight and you're in first class. The departure time is around 12:00 a.m. Do you get any food/snacks?

no food in first class between 8PM-5AM for domestic flights. You will get snacks (like chips etc but no food will be loaded on that flight.
only exceptions are trans flights jfk to/from lax/sfo

Ishrion Jul 13, 2019 11:09 am

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31299675)

no food in first class between 8PM-5AM for domestic flights. You will get snacks (like chips etc but no food will be loaded on that flight.
only exceptions are trans flights jfk to/from lax/sfo

So something like the snack baskets that are found on shorter regional flights?

gateH15 Jul 13, 2019 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Ishrion (Post 31299709)
So something like the snack baskets that are found on shorter regional flights?

yep exactly that. They may serve a warm cookie before landing if it’s a long red eye I think.

ts.pub Jul 13, 2019 11:47 am

Question regarding lounge access. I have EXP so I know when on an international flight I am allowed to guest one additional person into the lounge with me. Is this one additional guest tied to their specific ticket? I am asking because I may have a situation in a few months were I will be traveling and during my layover two different friends will be at the airport.

If I arrive at the lounge at 8am with friend1 who then leaves at 9:20 to catch their flight could I then guest in friend2 at 10:00 when they arrive? I assume this won't work since otherwise people could sneak in multiple guests as the lounge staff have no real way to know when one guest leaves but I thought I would ask if anyone here has had any success with such a scenario.