FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948542-archive-newbie-lounge-2019-ask-newbie-aa-questions-here-flame-free.html)

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 6:37 am

Oh, thank you so much. I don’t want to be a special snowflake thinking I get to bend the rules, but I think all in all, the bigger suitcase will be better for me. The weight is definitely under the 70 pounds I am allowed.

Much obliged and thank you for the speedy reply.

wrp96 Jul 10, 2019 6:42 am

Originally Posted by whitewave (Post 31288631)
Oh, thank you so much. I don’t want to be a special snowflake thinking I get to bend the rules, but I think all in all, the bigger suitcase will be better for me. The weight is definitely under the 70 pounds I am allowed.

Best of luck on your travels. I agree with above, as long as it isn't overweight I don't see the agent being concerned about the size.

JDiver Jul 10, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by whitewave (Post 31288631)

70 lb? Are you sure? Most allowances call for 50 lb bags.

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 9:01 am

@wro96 thanks @JDover that is what I read for first class, but maybe it was international? Not sure and will go double check though I believe I’m below 50 pounds.

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am

Weight and size

We calculate the size limits of your bag by adding the total outside dimensions of each bag, length + width + height.

For all regions, your checked bag allowance is:

JDiver Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by whitewave (Post 31289091)
@wro96 thanks @JDover that is what I read for first class, but maybe it was international? Not sure and will go double check though I believe I’m below 50 pounds.

Yep. “First and Business, Executive Platinum and oneworld® Emerald members can check bags up to 70 lbs / 32 kgs at no extra cost.”

Blueskyheaven Jul 10, 2019 9:59 am

ORD to Dubai, Mumbai on partners awards?

We are three , looking to travel to Mumbai for few days and then about week in Dubai and then back. We are looking for J award seats. Travel from Dec 22ns to Jan 2nd. Date is kind of flexible by 1 or 2 days.

We don't mind where we go first, mumbai or dubai.I know AA doesn't allow stop overs. What partners i should look at? I can go from NY or NJ if I can't find any from ORD. Should I book multi city or separate?
I checked ORD-AUH and I can find coach direct Etihad flights only.

Thanks

gnomey Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 31289283)
We are three , looking to travel to Mumbai for few days and then about week in Dubai and then back. We are looking for J award seats. Travel from Dec 22ns to Jan 2nd. Date is kind of flexible by 1 or 2 days.

We don't mind where we go first, mumbai or dubai.I know AA doesn't allow stop overs. What partners i should look at? I can go from NY or NJ if I can't find any from ORD. Should I book multi city or separate?
I checked ORD-AUH and I can find coach direct Etihad flights only.

Thanks

might want to manage expectations a little considering this is peak travel period.
book a through ticket preferably.
EY or QR

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 6:27 pm

My flight tomorrow morning just got cancelled!!! Flight 1102 MSY to DFW which is the first leg to BOI.

The remaining choices are not acceptable, 13-16 hours flight time, etc.

what do do you do when this happens? I have a full cost first class ticket.

gateH15 Jul 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by whitewave (Post 31290870)
My flight tomorrow morning just got cancelled!!! Flight 1102 MSY to DFW which is the first leg to BOI.

The remaining choices are not acceptable, 13-16 hours flight time, etc.

what do do you do when this happens? I have a full cost first class ticket.

you can get a full refund and book on another carries. It keep checking if some seats will open up for better flights or get rebooked into economy and get the gate difference ( keep in mind that fare difference between what you paid and last minute economy ticket can be a few dollars difference)

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 6:43 pm

I have trip insurance, but I went ahead and grabbed another flight since I did give myself an extra day to get there. Now I’m on a freaking mileage run. MSY-MIA-PHX-BOI 16 hours but all first class. Instead of getting to BOI at 11 am, I now get in at 11 pm

I’m expecting this to get cancelled. NOLA is having a developing severe weather situation.

I don’t want economy because I have torn meniscuses and am on crutches so wanted the extra leg room to prevent blood clots etc.

gateH15 Jul 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by whitewave (Post 31290901)
I have trip insurance, but I went ahead and grabbed another flight since I did give myself an extra day to get there. Now I’m on a freaking mileage run. MSY-MIA-PHX-BOI 16 hours but all first class. Instead of getting to BOI at 11 am, I now get in at 11 pm

I’m expecting this to get cancelled. NOLA is having a developing severe weather situation.

I don’t want economy because I have torn meniscuses and am on crutches so wanted the extra leg room to prevent blood clots etc.

that’s a good mileage run! Enjoy double EQMs is it doesn’t get cancelled ;)
also you don’t need a trip unaurance is your flight gets cancelled to get a refund. And most credit cards have some kinda trip protection. Insurance is a waste of money IMHO

Uzzar Jul 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Here is an option?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6475bea298.png

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

I’m really hoping so hard that this one doesn’t get cancelled. I may have to drive to HOU or DFW with my bad leg. Friday is going to be worse than tomorrow weather wise.

My son’s Aussie GF is also here and she is supposed to be leaving on United at noon, so we may be driving somewhere together.

My first mileage run lol. That is kind of funny.

whitewave Jul 10, 2019 6:50 pm

@uzzar Ok, thanks. I’ll consider this one. I really appreciate your time to find that for me.