Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How's AA's compensation with www.getservice.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How's AA's compensation with www.getservice.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I just started looking into this. From what I can tell, you need to give them access to read your e-mails, which is definitely a privacy concern. Is this really a requirement? Or am I missing something?
As far as I'm able to tell, yes, you will need to grant the service access to which notification alerts will be sent. If it's a privacy issue concern, maybe just setting up a "travel/notification alert" email account may be the work-around.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the separate posts too. But the "multi-quote" functions seems to be not functioning at the time of my attempts to do so.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
If it's a privacy issue concern, maybe just setting up a "travel/notification alert" email account may be the work-around.
That would be an absolute minimum precaution.

Then again, whatever email you're giving them is the one that AA will have, presumably, and since by definition you will have given them your AAdv # as well, that's trouble with AA corp security if your account ever gets compromised.

I'd say I personally think this whole thing is a bad idea for a variety of reason, some individual, some more globally for AA members in general.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'd say I personally think this whole thing is a bad idea for a variety of reason, some individual, some more globally for AA members in general.
I like the idea they are tracking hotel rates and help me take advantage of any drop.

But .... I think if AA sees a bunch of canned emails, they are going to react. I've probably had three flights this year delayed more than 40 minutes. In one case, it was delayed 2 hours and I received an email as soon as the door opened giving me 5000 miles. In another case where I had a recent cancellation, AA gave me ORC and rebooked me on United within a couple of minutes.

Plus, I see you're an EXP. I don't value 20,000 miles at $650 although it has substantive value. Isn't that just the miles you'd get if you spent $1800? I'm assuming next complaint, you'll get marked as a chronic complainer ....and they are unlikely to give you anything.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That would be an absolute minimum precaution.

Then again, whatever email you're giving them is the one that AA will have, presumably, and since by definition you will have given them your AAdv # as well, that's trouble with AA corp security if your account ever gets compromised.

I understand completely... But in this day and age, I'm not expecting anything I do to be secure online. Just saying... If Secure.com wants to monitor the inbox for which I receive emails from my hotel and airline reservations, sure!! Have at it.. Separate email for just about all of that kinda stuff is already my MO. My "personal/inner most private" emails are sent to an address I do not share often.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I like the idea they are tracking hotel rates and help me take advantage of any drop.

But .... I think if AA sees a bunch of canned emails, they are going to react. I've probably had three flights this year delayed more than 40 minutes. In one case, it was delayed 2 hours and I received an email as soon as the door opened giving me 5000 miles. In another case where I had a recent cancellation, AA gave me ORC and rebooked me on United within a couple of minutes.

Plus, I see you're an EXP. I don't value 20,000 miles at $650 although it has substantive value. Isn't that just the miles you'd get if you spent $1800? I'm assuming next complaint, you'll get marked as a chronic complainer ....and they are unlikely to give you anything.
I see your point... And I've not 'fact-checked" the equivalent dollar amounts of my claims outside of what www.service.com indicates the dollar amount is. And at this point, in my eyes, if AA wants to blacklist me as a complainer despite the fact that my EQD have been steadily increasing despite my complaints, shame on them indeed!!

For all I know, I may get a "white-list" mark in my profile for them to monitor as a barometer of my customer satisfaction with them.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Oct 21, 2018 at 10:32 pm Reason: clairity added to post
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Wait, so people actually send emails complaining when there is a delay? And now they pay for a service to send emails anyways?

I dont think Ive ever once sent an email to AA complaining. Maybe Im missing something.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA PLT
I figured I'd give it a shot. 12 segments submitted, 9 denied, 2 pending and only 1 success - 7500 RDM. Yawn.

I fly a lot of segs with E-140/E-145s and the associated mechanical delays, including a couple that have stranded me and one flight that aborted about 2 minutes after takeoff. Seems like those would have been worth something, but no luck.

I've had pretty good luck on TATL segs this year, so I'm guessing that's the reason for my low hit rate. Seems like it would probably be easier to email myself as I'm only flying those routes 4 or 5 times a year.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Wait, so people actually send emails complaining when there is a delay? And now they pay for a service to send emails anyways?

I dont think Ive ever once sent an email to AA complaining. Maybe Im missing something.
I've sent a few, but they were always process related, ie AA could have re-routed me but didn't because the departure time hadn't been updated, and there was 0% chance of that departure happening, outstation plane still at the hub airport after app said boarding had started. I found an alternate with seats open, but was not allowed to take it because the departure was still on-time. Outstation folks see the problem, and can't fix it, watch the fix leave without me, and I get to foot the hotel bill. So it goes from a no cost for either side to fix the problem to I'm out a hotel bill.
WoodyWindy and seigex like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Well, I received my first denial claim today. Not bad in my opinion considering responses were received within 10 days rather than the 30-45 days being promised by Service.com

AA denied the claim indicating that it was weather related. No problem... The other three claims filed were also due to weather compounded with mechanical issues. I guess the end result is how AA resolves the issue on their end as the finality of things. No biggie... compensation mileage have posted to my account and I'm moving on with the comfort of service.com monitoring all future flights for the next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.