Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How's AA's compensation with www.getservice.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.

Today I've finally given in to Kayak's 3rd party vendor (www.getservice.com) invite offering to help me be compensated for a service of delays and cancellations I've experienced with American Airline flights.

I'm curious to know if others have used this service. Account to the initial scans conducted on my email accounts, I have $641 of unclaimed compensation out there for canceled/delayed flights. Thanks for any comments/tips with regards to expectation from those in the know with the vendor and their claims.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
I've utilized getservice.com for the past few months. I've received 20k miles, a $300 flight voucher and $1,368 in cash - all from AA in the last year, my primary airline, I was very skeptical at first so signed up for the bounty payment rather than annual fee - I switched after the 20k in miles credit (the first comp they landed for me). I've never got the hotel monitoring part to work but have been very pleased with the flight monitiring and sucessful claims.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fmastr
I've utilized getservice.com for the past few months. I've received 20k miles, a $300 flight voucher and $1,368 in cash - all from AA in the last year, my primary airline, I was very skeptical at first so signed up for the bounty payment rather than annual fee - I switched after the 20k in miles credit (the first comp they landed for me). I've never got the hotel monitoring part to work but have been very pleased with the flight monitiring and sucessful claims.
Thanks for the implied vote of confidence.
I too and "concerned" about the hotel monitoring aspect to work as expected. I have three current reservations active and the app is only finding one to monitor. Not bad. Will be very interesting indeed to see what the outcome is for the payout from AA on the 6 claims the app has launched alread.

Stay tuned as I plan to update the thread with the outcomes as soon as they're available.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
just checked - getservice filed 8 claims in total for me all with AA, and all are now settled - 3 were successful and 5 unsuccessful - total comp as noted above. good luck to you!
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:23 pm
amm

Ive gotten $350 in vouchers and around 50k in miles (dont remember the exact amount). Not sure if Id keep it as my travel patterns are likely to change next year and never gotten the hotel piece to work, but pleased with it on the AA side.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
How do they get compensation on domestic US flights? Presumably an email of some sort. Any thoughts on how this impacts AA's internal ratings on pax. Wondering if there is a risk of being blacklisted for complaining too much.
TSparky likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
How do they get compensation on domestic US flights? Presumably an email of some sort. Any thoughts on how this impacts AA's internal ratings on pax. Wondering if there is a risk of being blacklisted for complaining too much.
That would be my concern as well.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Yeah, I wonder if there is a way to throttle it somehow? Or pre-approve messages before they are sent?

I'm intrigued though. I'm sure I've left a lot of $$$ on the table, even several valid EC261 claims that I've just been sort of lazy about. I would guess the net result of the service is a "tragedy of the commons" if everyone were to sign up for it, and airlines would just reduce compensation overall: as in, if they set aside x$ only expecting 1% of customers to complain, but now thanks to this service, 100% of customers complain, now the same pot of $x is divided against wayyyy more customers.

In Europe, EC261 basically sets the minimum requirements, so EC261 websites don't affect the pot. (the airlines are legally required to pay each customer the same amount)... With no US analog, I wonder what will happen.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Understandable indeed. So, I'm in the camp that I'd "complain" regardless (first-hand or via 3rd-party). Otherwise, "they" win with the veil of possibly being blacklisted without even trying or implying. AA should considering it as a outside source tracking and trending their activities. They have fewer delays, then they won't be dealing with complaints from the service and tossing our money and/miles to customers.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Update:

I'm happy to report that within a week of my filing of 4 claims against AA via Service.com, three of them have been settled "satisfactorily" with the last one under review still. The mileages awards (20K in total thus far) has credited to my account faster than the 3-5 days I was told to expect I even received a (email) message from CS at AA acknowledging the settled claims too.

Just thought I'd provide this update for anyone else that has considered subscribing to www.service.com.

Cheers!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:47 pm

What types of situations did you experience that actually warranted this level of compensation? Were they EU flights? Other than that I feel like mechanical delays are rare enough that I always remember to write in and complain myself when they happen, and anything weather related won't get you anything. Plus there's all the rude agent or service failures experienced in person, which no algorithm will pick up in an email scan.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
And can you give an example of the communication sent to AA? Is it sent to look like it was from you?

And I'm on my 117th segment on AA for 2018. Its likely to be 15 minutes late. My inbound flight was 15 minutes early.

I've got another 30 plus segments on AS, DL, and UA. Some are late and some are early.

seems like most delays are just the cost of traveling so I'm curious what your bad luck has been on traveling.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I just started looking into this. From what I can tell, you need to give them access to read your e-mails, which is definitely a privacy concern. Is this really a requirement? Or am I missing something?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
What types of situations did you experience that actually warranted this level of compensation? Were they EU flights? Other than that I feel like mechanical delays are rare enough that I always remember to write in and complain myself when they happen, and anything weather related won't get you anything. Plus there's all the rude agent or service failures experienced in person, which no algorithm will pick up in an email scan.
My situation(s) basically were that my flights were ultimately delayed (greater that > 40 mins(?)) or cancelled. None were EU flights. All US domestic (2(RT)SFO-DFW-HOU. SFO-PHL and SFO-DFW). Minus the nitty-gritty as weather and/or mechanic issues caused the delays, AA has "settled" (favorably) for me in a rather much more timely manner than expected (the auto-reply from Service.com indicated that I'd get a response within 30-45 days.

In my opinion, it was just better to have the apps monitor the "facts" and rely that info directly to AA on my behalf. I'd rather for that to occur (hindsight) rather than me sending in a complaint with "details" including the human aspects of things.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

And can you give an example of the communication sent to AA? Is it sent to look like it was from you?

And I'm on my 117th segment on AA for 2018. Its likely to be 15 minutes late. My inbound flight was 15 minutes early.

I've got another 30 plus segments on AS, DL, and UA. Some are late and some are early.

seems like most delays are just the cost of traveling so I'm curious what your bad luck has been on traveling.
Sorry... But I'm blind to the communication being sent to AA on my behalf. But it's apparently clear to me, based on the replies from AA directly to me, they're either opting to send the email replies directly to me and perhaps BCC service.com or not including them at all.

I too was resorting to the fact that "it's just the cost of traveling" as well. But for $45 paid for one year subscription and am slated to get the equivalent of $650+ (YTD) recover I've opted to not pursured, it's a win-win thus far. I've received ROI more than the paid thus far based on the equivalent of purchasing the miles given thus far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.