Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buddy pass pax gone wild on AA (July 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buddy pass pax gone wild on AA (July 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I feel really bad for this woman's child. She clearly has a mother with a few loose screws. I hope that she has another role model in her life that is more level headed than her mom.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
It's not hard to find her actual FB post. Currently, after about a day, it's been shared 3,800 times -- not great but considering what a cringe-worthy feat of jackassery it is, she should consider it as a blessing in disguise.

Methinks she paid her cousin for the buddy pass upfront and believed that she was a paying AA passenger. In the video, she demanded to know the next flight that she would be accommodated on, and apparently, she was denied boarding again this morning.

I feel sorry for the little girl for having this piece of work for a mom.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ryan182
lol yeah, rather that buying some leggings perhaps she decided an internet rant was the better approach. Now I'm kind of curious what the final outcome was....might she still be at MIA?
She stole food from a concession stand. She slept in the airport terminal overnight and unsuccessfully attempted to board a plane in the morning. She claims to have paid full price for the buddy passes, saying that she saw the same price on cheap-o-air.
She also posted on Facebook "I am now being told I cannot fly using those tickets so once again I am refused To get on the flight supposedly due to my behavior as if I’m supposed to remain goddamn calm when my child and I have been traveling for almost 24 hours I have not slept since 5 AM yesterday morning and I’m supposed to remain goddamn calm" (sic)
See these follow up videos:

Last edited by donotblink; Jul 20, 2018 at 12:45 am Reason: Added additional videos
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
See these follow up videos:
wow...
solewalker likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wow. I hope she feels sorry if her cousin gets fired because of her.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:36 am

Could she pick one accent? LOL
Oxnardjan likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Some people will never cease to amaze me. She should be banned from AA.
AANYC1981 and Oxnardjan like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
She is a piece of work. Wow.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
I wonder if her cousin tried to pull one over on her as well with having her pay for the price of a ticket she found on a travel site. Can AA employees sell their buddy passes? I thought it was all "gifted".
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:19 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Mind blown. There are very reasonable and minimal expectations of someone flying on a buddy pass. Bad enough to argue with the gate agents, even worse to blow it up on social media. I know a number of airline workers who won't give out there buddy passes for this exact reason.

Since she said cheapo air was such a good deal maybe she should just jump on there and book her ticket out of Miami.

Looking forward to more updates on this. Haha
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
I wonder if her cousin tried to pull one over on her as well with having her pay for the price of a ticket she found on a travel site. Can AA employees sell their buddy passes? I thought it was all "gifted".
The buddy pass still has some cost involved such as taxes and possible a segment fee. They can come close to the cost of a cheap paid ticket. Either way, what a sad story. It heart breaking to see mothers act like that in front of their children.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by solewalker
Do people act like idiots, and film themselves in hopes of going viral?
Worked for the Kardashians
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Is she a US citizen? If not then deport her back to Jamaica. Then she will get on a plane after all.
Did the police get involved for theft?
Social services needs to be involved for that pitiful little girl regardless of citizenship.

cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Is she a US citizen? If not then deport her back to Jamaica. Then she will get on a plane after all.
Did the police get involved for theft?
Social services needs to be involved for that pitiful little girl regardless of citizenship.

If she was admitted to the USA, it must be obvious she has a visa.
jhartvu, Antarius and swingaling like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:14 am

DYKWIA???? Her attitude is that I am entitled to do what I want, when I want and I will shame AA on Social Media, this BACKFIRED on her in my opinion. I don't know what the true circumstances were on how she got her ticket or what she paid for the ticket, but she was dressed like a homeless person and that is an insult to a homeless person. Her potty mouth and attitude are deplorable. Good for AA on enforcing the rules.
cruisr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.