Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buddy pass pax gone wild on AA (July 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K

Not surprisingly another non-rev buddy pass rider causing controversy. This time it's on AA, leggingsgate is no big deal after this. Woman goes on social media tirade because she was refused boarding for the most extreme fashion choice of the decade. How would anyone think this is appropriate even if they were a paying customer.

AKA how to lose pass benefits in 30 minutes. full video at link below

https://savvystews.com/2018/07/how-t...in-30-minutes/

*edit* readers digest version. pass rider gets denied boarding for fashion choice photo'd below and causes scene in airport and on facebook live.

Last edited by CDKing; Jul 19, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
Wow. What I watched of that was just...wow.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
too long, didn't watch.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
KLASSY AA
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Science Goy
too long, didn't watch.
Readers digest version: The photo is of jeans that AA buddy pass rider thought was appropriate and caused an scene after denied boarding for fashion choice
Palal likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Could only watch a couple minutes...but wow just wow. I for one don't feel sorry for the cousin who no doubt will get in trouble for this. She should have explained the rules, including the dress code, to her before offering the pass and made it clear the repercussions of misbehaving. I stopped right after the Dubai part, which was funny because she could have wore those in Dubai though as with many things in life can != should and those should be wore pretty much nowhere. I also enjoyed "I'll never be using them [AA] again" part....unlike many of the "I'll never fly XXXX" rants I fully believe this is true, at least on buddy passes anyway
VonS and Gringa like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:38 pm

Talking

Apparently, she didn't realize she was on a buddy pass.
CDKing and TWA884 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and speculating that she was intentionally trying to get booted off the flight. The only other option is that she is stupid beyond belief.
cruisr, VonS, CDKing and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
1. ...needs to fly back <home> and stay there
2. Foul mouth, doesn't understand AA's policy
3. Using language in front of her kid like that--total trash
4. Who wears clothes like that?
5. Poor kid in the chair is hungry but can't eat only because of her mother's mistake
6. "I'm going to sue AA" she claims LOL
7. Nothing "viral" about this video will happen.
Dea Certe, cruisr, Gringa and 1 others like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 20, 2018 at 10:05 am Reason: Removed unnecessary characterizations
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and speculating that she was intentionally trying to get booted off the flight. The only other option is that she is stupid beyond belief.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Buddy pass traveler here because my mom was an AA retiree. She should have been denied boarding in Jamaica because of those torn jeans but that was the least of her problems. Non rev or not anyone would be denied boarding with that display of behavior.
TWA884 and Gringa like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Buddy pass traveler here because my mom was an AA retiree. She should have been denied boarding in Jamaica because of those torn jeans but that was the least of her problems. Non rev or not anyone would be denied boarding with that display of behavior.
So, rather buy something to wear at JFK, she's going to spend the night there and try to board again in the morning in the same clothes?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
So, rather buy something to wear at JFK, she's going to spend the night there and try to board again in the morning in the same clothes?
lol yeah, rather that buying some leggings perhaps she decided an internet rant was the better approach. Now I'm kind of curious what the final outcome was....might she still be at MIA?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Very rare that I defend AA nowadays, but good grief, good for the gate agent/manager. I hope her cousin DOES get in trouble (at the very least, lose pass privileges) to teach a lesson/set an example.
cruisr, Palal, VonS and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Do people act like idiots, and film themselves in hopes of going viral?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.