Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:51 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Obviously, most are not learning it at all. Alas, if management doesn't care about PBB why care about this?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I don't know. I don't think anyone on here would know unless they are an actual FA (or trainer/management). My question is, what is the method that these FA's are learning this through?
This does not seem an issue that requires airline industry-specific knowledge. Perhaps the FA trainers and AA management could watch Applebees, Chilis, Red Lobster and other fine dining establishments hone their employees in the fine art of not charging for water, extra napkins, bread/biscuits, etc. and then devise a way to carry over this brand new concept to their flight attendants and have them NOT do something that apparently is too hard to unlearn, like take a credit card as payment.

Maybe they could videotape a F class FA and show that as an example to follow....
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
What shape would this "real training" take?
We need to get in touch with the developers of Candy Crush and have them randomly insert the policy in between levels. They would need to acknowledge the policy before leveling up.
JonNYC, asnovici, LINDEGR and 11 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
We need to get in touch with the developers of Candy Crush and have them randomly insert the policy in between levels. They would need to acknowledge the policy before leveling up.
Hilarious! Or maybe slip an insert into People magazine?
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
LOL!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
DEN-DFW

Heard the FA that they ran out of woodfords because of F!! No one in the 3 rows ahead of me had ordered it, ridiculous. Anyways, double jack ordered in lieu, no issues.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Maybe they could videotape a F class FA and show that as an example to follow....
OK, but how does a video of people sitting on a jump seat texting solve anything ?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:49 am

DFW-MEX

Ordered double Woodford, FA then went to ask the other FA for the CC reader, when the other FA replied "we don't charge these seats, just for food", original FA responds "oh right I keep forgetting about the rule change".
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLesq
Flew PHL-AUS 8/10 in MCE (A319). FA comped drinks for pax in bulkhead row but charged all others in MCE. I told her I understood drinks should be comped. She asked me why, and I pointed to the "MCE" label above my seat. She replied that only pax in bulkhead and exit row seats were entitled to free drinks. I politely explained that the website said different. She replied again with the same explanation -- only bulkhead and exit row.
Where did she see an announcement about bulkhead?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by mvoight
Where did she see an announcement about bulkhead?
In her own made up imagination.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I had an FA start to charge me then realize and say "oops, I forgot that the drinks are now free". Could be a training issue IMO.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Why don't they put MCE eligibility rules in the magazine? There is a lot of verbiage about F, EXP, Hawaii flights, etc all receiving some sort of comped alcohol -- but no mention of MCE. Would be very easy to point the FA to it.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
4 months later, still seeing FAs charge in MCE (they seem to know Exec Plat gets a freebie).
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The hand held device should be color coded to show a new color for MCE seats to flag free drinks for MCE. "Green" is for EXP. Blue is others. Purple is CK. Maybe use orange or some other color.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
4 months later, still seeing FAs charge in MCE (they seem to know Exec Plat gets a freebie).
This seriously can't be happening still. And it is beyond 4 months, it has been 6 months. Inexcusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.