Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gateH15
I was flying SFO DFW yesterday on LUS a321 with LAA crew in row 10 MCE. After the first round of drinks I went back to the galley and asked for another drink. Nice lady FA said she will bring it to me. I go back for my seat and wait a couple of minutes. She comes back with a drink and a credit card reader. I told her that I’m in MCE and she was like this plane doesn’t have MCE. I told her to look up at the overhead bin seat sign where it clearly says MCE. She shrugged and went away. ����
It’s almost been a year since free drinks were introduced and some FAs still don’t bother to learn a little bit of aircraft seat map.
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
It never ceases to amaze me those few FAs that can't grasp the concept that if the seat numbers are coded in blue its a MCE seat. I hate to see some of these people in an environment in which they would need to use technology to accomplish their job.
Yes, pretty amazing to still hear these stories. I don't think that there is mainline plane configuration that doesn't have MCE, correct?

But this is not unique to AA. There is a thread on the BA Forum where they introduced couple of Brew Dog craft beers made specifically for them, and they have FA's charging CE (intra-european business) pax for them, even though all other drinks are free a la AA First.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...d-100-ipa.html
Old May 14, 2019, 8:58 am

It never ceases to amaze me those few FAs that can't grasp the concept that if the seat numbers are coded in blue its a MCE seat. I hate to see some of these people in an environment in which they would need to use technology to accomplish their job.
I think blue means that seat is occupied. I think MCE is marked with the black bar. But still she could just look at the seat number at the overhead bin.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP

I think blue means that seat is occupied. I think MCE is marked with the black bar. But still she could just look at the seat number at the overhead bin.
I mean the seat markers over the actual row. If it's blue it's MCE. The FA just needs to look up. I think there is a small fraction of FAs that are resistant to any change even something that is truly common sense and involves little effort on their part.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:48 am

I mean the seat markers over the actual row. If it's blue it's MCE. The FA just needs to look up. I think there is a small fraction of FAs that are resistant to any change even something that is truly common sense and involves little effort on their part.
agree. And the crew on that flight yesterday were really nice and friendly. I was a little disappointed that they don’t know the plane layout. I mean how many domestic mainline planes aa has - very few. It’s not that hard to learn where is MCE
Old May 14, 2019, 10:49 am
Suspended

Interestingly on the 321 seats like 23A/25A and 11F/12F are exit row seats with plenty of foot room but not marked MCE. However, I've never been refused a free drink while sitting in those seats.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:52 am

Interestingly on the 321 seats like 23A/25A and 11F/12F are exit row seats with plenty of foot room but not marked MCE. However, I've never been refused a free drink while sitting in those seats.
last week on my flight to SFO everyone who asked for snacks in MCE got it for free. Turned out FA was not familiar with MCE rules and thought it was free snack and drinks. She said she always works in F and is not familiar with economy 🙈🙈🙈
EdV likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist

last week on my flight to SFO everyone who asked for snacks in MCE got it for free. Turned out FA was not familiar with MCE rules and thought it was free snack and drinks. She said she always works in F and is not familiar with economy 🙈🙈🙈
See, mistakes aren't always bad for us
Old May 14, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by AAdamE
See, mistakes aren't always bad for us
haha except I was the last MCE passenger to be served and I was starving so ordered 3 snacks. And she asked another FA how to process free snack and the other 2. Other FA was like you have to charge for all 3 cuz snack is only free for EXP. So I got charged for it which I didn’t mine cuz I have Barclays silver and it was free
Old May 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

The extra-leg-room window seats may not be marked, but they are MCE.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
When you go to book them they are marked green (preferred), not orange (MCE). I take it that AA doesn't consider them MCE despite the extra legroom. Recently when I booked MIA/PHX other than middle seats MCE was full with 23A on the LUS321 showing green. I took that. It's a morning flight so I can go without the free drink.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
When you go to book them they are marked green (preferred), not orange (MCE). I take it that AA doesn't consider them MCE despite the extra legroom. Recently when I booked MIA/PHX other than middle seats MCE was full with 23A on the LUS321 showing green. I took that. It's a morning flight so I can go without the free drink.
They're not MCE, as golds can access them anytime during booking as well, they are preferred seats.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Around the time AA rolled out free alcohol in MCE, they specifically changed these seats from MCE to Preferred. My guess is that they want each row to all be MCE or not, rather than the window MCE and the middle and aisle preferred.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by AAway
Around the time AA rolled out free alcohol in MCE, they specifically changed these seats from MCE to Preferred. My guess is that they want each row to all be MCE or not, rather than the window MCE and the middle and aisle preferred.
Ah, OK.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I was watching a really good FA sitting in the jump seat in Y, LAX to AUS a few weeks ago. The Samsung 5 tablet she was using to look at individuals in the manifest was very interesting, except upside down for me. Apparently some FAs still have these and can see the status of who is sitting where. I know it is also printed off, but I think few ever use the resources they have to know who is flying where. Fortunately she did and I benefited from it. Perhaps they will upgrade their hardware for the FAs.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by boerne
I was watching a really good FA sitting in the jump seat in Y, LAX to AUS a few weeks ago. The Samsung 5 tablet she was using to look at individuals in the manifest was very interesting, except upside down for me. Apparently some FAs still have these and can see the status of who is sitting where. I know it is also printed off, but I think few ever use the resources they have to know who is flying where. Fortunately she did and I benefited from it. Perhaps they will upgrade their hardware for the FAs.
they can easily see who is EXP and CK ( green or green + purple). Everyone else is marked as blue including PP and Plat/Golds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.