Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by mvoight
I suspect the FA may have wanted to give other people the opportunity to have a Bloody Mary, so she limited them on the first round.
That sounds like a reasonable FA. The other FA's might not care so much about being able to provide it to more people.

That is just the way things happen, even with food, people in the back may not have an opportunity to get something offered if it runs out (even dare I say in FC this happens where you first choice isn't available). Like I said earlier, if everyone in the first rows requested a drink would you say no we have to parse out the drinks equally to all sections, or give people what they are willing to pay in that moment. If an FA is turning down people who are paying money, they are costing the business.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
11/15 - CLT-CMI, I'm seated in 11A, one of only three MCE seats on the flight.
me - Can I get a coke and a double of Jack Daniels
FA - Only 1 drink is free, you'll have to pay for the second Jack Daniels if you want a double

I smiled, thanked her and told her a single would be fine. Enjoyed my drink, caught up on GoT (yeah, I'm the last guy on the planet to do so) and enjoyed my short flight. I'm just sharing because I fly this route a lot, I fly a lot of Eagle in general and have never in the past year an half or so had this happen to me.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:12 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Pakse
FA - Only 1 drink is free, you'll have to pay for the second Jack Daniels if you want a double
Next response should have been - "Oh really, is that new in the T&Cs? Can you show me that? I have them right here on my phone and they don't say that."

I've done that myself a few times.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Pakse

I smiled, thanked her and told her a single would be fine. Enjoyed my drink, caught up on GoT (yeah, I'm the last guy on the planet to do so) and enjoyed my short flight. I'm just sharing because I fly this route a lot, I fly a lot of Eagle in general and have never in the past year an half or so had this happen to me.
When this happens I reference them by name and if their tag isn't visible I ask for their name, and reach for my card and let them know that AA will refund me once I reach out to customer service. They never charge me and just give me the extra drink.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by AAdamE
When this happens I reference them by name and if their tag isn't visible I ask for their name, and reach for my card and let them know that AA will refund me once I reach out to customer service. They never charge me and just give me the extra drink.
Have you ever had to actually reach out to CS to get it removed?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by darkguy2
On my flight today I sat in a MCE seat. Having heard about the new changes to MCE with free alcohol I decided to try it out, but the FA told me I had to pay. Am I missing something or was the FA just not properly informed? It was not a regional flight.
In your case I would politely say that per your website and internal memos all Liquor Beer and Wine is complimentary to anyone seated in MCE please confer with your pursuer.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Today I was in 23A--great seat on the 321. Anyway, the drink cart came for the service and the guy in front and to the right 22B (row with two seats and nothing in front of their legs) ordered a double tito and soda. The drink car moved it's way as service was completed. I watched the guy after he finished his doubles and could see he was looking for a flight attendant to order again. He hit the f/a button and a flight attendant was all rushed and said "what's up??". Passenger said "nothing, I would just like another double please" and the flight attendant didn't say a thing (or charge). I guess the bottom line of this post is if one wants a drink refill in coach the only way to get it is via the button.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by enviroian
Today I was in 23A--great seat on the 321. Anyway, the drink cart came for the service and the guy in front and to the right 22B (row with two seats and nothing in front of their legs) ordered a double tito and soda. The drink car moved it's way as service was completed. I watched the guy after he finished his doubles and could see he was looking for a flight attendant to order again. He hit the f/a button and a flight attendant was all rushed and said "what's up??". Passenger said "nothing, I would just like another double please" and the flight attendant didn't say a thing (or charge). I guess the bottom line of this post is if one wants a drink refill in coach the only way to get it is via the button.
Or just use the bathroom and on your way out ask for something.
enviroian and fotographer like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
This past Friday on my SAN-DFW flight in MCE, I ordered a double Tito’s and soda. The FA obliged, but informed me (in a very friendly manner) that they just got an email that soon they will no longer be allowed to serve doubles. She said she’s letting all the passengers know just in case any FAs decide to implement immediately.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by AAway
This past Friday on my SAN-DFW flight in MCE, I ordered a double Tito’s and soda. The FA obliged, but informed me (in a very friendly manner) that they just got an email that soon they will no longer be allowed to serve doubles. She said she’s letting all the passengers know just in case any FAs decide to implement immediately.
Greattttt. Thank you for the update.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AAway
Ummmm OK, I’ll just ring the call button then and make you do more work. The whole point of ordering a double at first is to save them the added work and shoe leather 😂
AAway, TSparky, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
The advertisement for MCE says free alcoholic beverages. With an "s" at the end of beverages. I wonder if they will adjust the language.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
The advertisement for MCE says free alcoholic beverages. With an "s" at the end of beverages. I wonder if they will adjust the language.
The plural is because there are indeed beverages to choose from but it is meant to mean only one. It's only a matter of time until a bean counter updates the wording.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
This has me intrigued. I just sent AA a tweet message concerning this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
This could be interpreted that way. But it's not clear, and one could rightly interpret it as more than one beverage.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The plural is because there are indeed beverages to choose from but it is meant to mean only one. It's only a matter of time until a bean counter updates the wording.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.