Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
If anything, the additional revenue would incentivize AA Inflight Services management to push the FAs into providing service; although I'm sure there are CBA issues with this already. I'm also a bit more reluctant to blame the FAs here; although I've vented frustrations with individual FAs numerous times on these pages. Management really should be pushing the issue, stating that the the comp. booze is a promised element of the MCE service. In many ways, AA is still a tale of two airlines and management has had plenty of time to address that issue, see PDB thread; see also various discussions of LAA hubs v LUS hubs.
Originally Posted by jcatman
You lost me there. How would that make a difference?

The AAtitude and LAAziness of the flight attendants at American over this new MCE policy reminds me of the bitter FA's over at United who complain about having to handle all of that Polaris bedding without being paid one dime more.
In some ways I see both sides. I can see how it would be frustrating to be asked to do more and not get any additional "incentive" from my employer, but at the same time pay for FAs did not decrease when free meals and drinks in Y went away in the 2000s so....
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Currently AA 1967 to SFO in 7H. FA started charging for drinks. I mentioned we were in MCE. She showed me her tablet, which indicated we aren't. I showed her the map on AA.com. She proceeded to refund several people in the row in front of me. That was kind of her to do as opposed to them having to file for one with AA. Why are the FA's tablets not in sync with the maps on their on site?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:12 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by AAdamE
In some ways I see both sides. I can see how it would be frustrating to be asked to do more and not get any additional "incentive" from my employer, but at the same time pay for FAs did not decrease when free meals and drinks in Y went away in the 2000s so....
Actually, I thought that the FAs and pilots did take cuts after 9/11 when just about every airline filed bankruptcy (except AA until much later) to rip up the contracts and force lower pay and work rules on them.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Currently AA 1967 to SFO in 7H. FA started charging for drinks. I mentioned we were in MCE. She showed me her tablet, which indicated we aren't. I showed her the map on AA.com. She proceeded to refund several people in the row in front of me. That was kind of her to do as opposed to them having to file for one with AA. Why are the FA's tablets not in sync with the maps on their on site?
Just point to the row number, it should say Main Cabin Extra on it. I always double check it if I have to show them the row is MCE.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Just point to the row number, it should say Main Cabin Extra on it. I always double check it if I have to show them the row is MCE.

Doesn't say it. She pointed to the bins, where there were no stickers. A330, make they haven't gotten around to it. I'm in the 2nd cabin that appears to e fitted for PE or something. Again, I showed her the map on AA.com. She called across the aisle and another FA said it was MCE.

Last edited by Uncle Nonny; Jul 18, 2018 at 6:46 pm Reason: MacBook pro dodgy keyboard
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:54 pm

It's a 332. I suspect that, as you are in the second cabin, you are in PE which would not have the MCE stickers...?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:55 pm

dup...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The 332 seat layout is bizarre. It has several rows of MCE running only down the two seats on the starboard side. No idea why they decided to do it this way when they refit them with premium economy. That probably caused the confusion.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Chris at PHL
The 332 seat layout is bizarre. It has several rows of MCE running only down the two seats on the starboard side. No idea why they decided to do it this way when they refit them with premium economy. That probably caused the confusion.
Yes, real strange. There's more MCE seats seats in the 4th cain than the 2nd and 3rd. 3rd cabin is bizarre. Either way, all of of the 2nd cabin is MCE.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
No problem getting a double tonight on LAA.
jcatman likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
No problem getting a double tonight on LAA.
Your liver might beg to differ...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
You’ve got to be kidding? Two drinks over the course of 4 hours with a mixer?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
You’ve got to be kidding? Two drinks over the course of 4 hours with a mixer?
Alcohol is becoming more and more taboo in this country. I wish it went the other way but we seem to be going more and more "conservative" toward alcohol in this country, which is NOT a good thing.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Alcohol is becoming more and more taboo in this country.
News to me!
EdV, AAway, IAHtraveler and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:52 am

News to me, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.