Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by cova
The hand held device should be color coded to show a new color for MCE seats to flag free drinks for MCE. "Green" is for EXP. Blue is others. Purple is CK. Maybe use orange or some other color.
Or require the FA to put in the seat number when running a charge. If they try to charge a MCE seat, throw up an error message. Or better yet, show an alert that they just received a strike for not knowing policy. 3 strikes, you're out 😂
Proudelitist likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Or require the FA to put in the seat number when running a charge. If they try to charge a MCE seat, throw up an error message. Or better yet, show an alert that they just received a strike for not knowing policy. 3 strikes, you're out 😂
6 months later, they should know this. How many MCE customer does the average FA serve in 6 months?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
6 months later, they should know this. How many MCE customer does the average FA serve in 6 months?
No kidding..
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Much as when I am upgraded, a LUS crew will almost certainly give PDB, my experience in Y shows they are much more likely to prompt seatmates about the benefit.

I've also noticed that LUS crews tend to do 2 full beverage services on 2:30+ flights (and usually continue the comp) where the LAA crews... Well, don't. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides, but I know where most of my above & beyond certs went this year...
jfinsocal and msr0013 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by cova
The hand held device should be color coded to show a new color for MCE seats to flag free drinks for MCE. "Green" is for EXP. Blue is others. Purple is CK. Maybe use orange or some other color.
Or hire FAs that will actually read the hand held. Seems they have no problem understanding the apps on their own phone.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I think they should just flat out reupholster the seats in MCE. Make them a totally different bright color. That way the FA's will know what damn section they are in for a change.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:53 am

To be clear, are spirits on TATL flights covered? I ran into this in September.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyer78
Much as when I am upgraded, a LUS crew will almost certainly give PDB, my experience in Y shows they are much more likely to prompt seatmates about the benefit.

I've also noticed that LUS crews tend to do 2 full beverage services on 2:30+ flights (and usually continue the comp) where the LAA crews... Well, don't. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides, but I know where most of my above & beyond certs went this year...
I recall a LUS transcon in Y where the FAs did two full beverage services plus a coffee service and a water service from trays. They sometimes provide better service in Y than LAA in F.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
I think they should just flat out reupholster the seats in MCE. Make them a totally different bright color. That way the FA's will know what damn section they are in for a change.
Or some sort of subtle branding, similar to what Delta Does on Comfort+. But that would require them to invest in their onboard product

AeRoSpaceman and Proudelitist like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Or some sort of subtle branding, similar to what Delta Does on Comfort+. But that would require them to invest in their onboard product
I agree, although Comfort+ is such better branding than "Main Cabin Extra".
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I agree, although Comfort+ is such better branding than "Main Cabin Extra".
Really? I find "Comfort+" stilted and faux-classy, "Main Cabin Extra" sounds much better to my ears, although United takes the cake with "Economy Plus."
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:46 pm
Suspended

From a visual standpoint DL's seats look nicer. But really? How hard is it to know the seat numbers colored blue get free drinks, particularly since they are the few rows and exit rows. You could make them pink but some FAs refuse to take on any new learning or want to implement their own policy.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
None of the suggestions will make a difference without training, which is going to be something new in 2019. A few hours of it. Doubt this will be covered!

Last edited by beachfan; Dec 14, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old May 14, 2019, 12:29 am

I was flying SFO DFW yesterday on LUS a321 with LAA crew in row 10 MCE. After the first round of drinks I went back to the galley and asked for another drink. Nice lady FA said she will bring it to me. I go back for my seat and wait a couple of minutes. She comes back with a drink and a credit card reader. I told her that I’m in MCE and she was like this plane doesn’t have MCE. I told her to look up at the overhead bin seat sign where it clearly says MCE. She shrugged and went away. 🙄🙄
It’s almost been a year since free drinks were introduced and some FAs still don’t bother to learn a little bit of aircraft seat map.
EdV likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gateH15
I was flying SFO DFW yesterday on LUS a321 with LAA crew in row 10 MCE. After the first round of drinks I went back to the galley and asked for another drink. Nice lady FA said she will bring it to me. I go back for my seat and wait a couple of minutes. She comes back with a drink and a credit card reader. I told her that I’m in MCE and she was like this plane doesn’t have MCE. I told her to look up at the overhead bin seat sign where it clearly says MCE. She shrugged and went away. 🙄🙄
It’s almost been a year since free drinks were introduced and some FAs still don’t bother to learn a little bit of aircraft seat map.
It never ceases to amaze me those few FAs that can't grasp the concept that if the seat numbers are coded in blue its a MCE seat. I hate to see some of these people in an environment in which they would need to use technology to accomplish their job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.