Wiki Posts
Search

Do you wish AA would leave ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Absolutely NOT.

Winter nonwithstanding, ORD is a great hub.
Of the existing Flagship Lounges, ORD has the best food by a mile.

Will be interesting to see how the DFW Flagship Lounge compares when it opens in 2024.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
It would be really dumb if AA dehubbed ORD. It's not like they can just choose a different city, such as STL and expect it to perform the same. It's not the 80's or 90's anymore. There's a reason why rustbelt cities like STL, CLE, MEM, and PIT aren't hubs anymore. They just don't have the O&D markets to support a huge hub anymore. Airline economics are different now and in order to operate a successful hub you have to have the local traffic as well. Sure it sucks for the residents of these medium sized cities to loose their non-stop flights, but it has opened up opportunity for other carriers to enter the market and bring airfares down. WN has finally entered CVG and also built a nice small hub in STL. Other LCC's have entered the markets as well. AA does have a big hole in the PNW, but the other legacies have their own holes in the domestic market as well. DL saw opportunity in SEA and went for it when UA started pulling out.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
ORD's OW presence isn't insignificant. Unless AY, BA, CX, IB, JL, QR, and RJ want to move or add flights to the US, AA isn't going anywhere soon.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I think AA should open a new hub in LIT to go with the new hubs in PDX and SEA, once they withdraw from ORD, and then buy A380s to start hourly SEA/PDX/LIT-NRT shuttle service. They can convert the entire upper cabin to multiple EY-style cabins with showers, full beds, couches. Then have 12 across Y in the lower cabin with 28" pitch.
I know LIT is a forum favorite, but XNA is directly between ORD and DFW and already has a huge AA operation. So it would be geographically and logistically ideal to consolidate all the flying from both hubs there. I'll bring it up at the next shareholders' meeting.
rdurlabhji likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.