Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

DFW Admirals Club Terminal D Closing / Changes >Apr 6 2018

Daughter and grandkids are passing through DFW and went all the way to the Terminal A club and found it closed for renovations (ah well, the kids like to ride the sky link). Then she saw a sign at Terminal D that it will close for renovations in "spring". Anyone have a time line on all this? We are traveling off and on over the next couple months...
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by scubamom
Daughter and grandkids are passing through DFW and went all the way to the Terminal A club and found it closed for renovations (ah well, the kids like to ride the sky link). Then she saw a sign at Terminal D that it will close for renovations in "spring". Anyone have a time line on all this? We are traveling off and on over the next couple months...
~April 6 for both.

Warm regards, JDiver
AAway and adunker like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
~April 6 for both.

Warm regards, JDiver
Somehow, I missed this date. Thanks JDiver!

I'm flying to WAW on 31 March, then done traveling until August. I guess I will have to "miss" all the fun renovation re-accomodations.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:15 pm

So both will be open April 6?

Anyone tried the new dining room in Terminal D? Looked for a menu, but didn't find one.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
Somehow, I missed this date. Thanks JDiver!

I'm flying to WAW on 31 March, then done traveling until August. I guess I will have to "miss" all the fun renovation re-accomodations.
I am sure that once D closes...it will be under renovation far past August. Doubt you'll "miss" the renovation...

Originally Posted by scubamom
So both will be open April 6?.
I would take JDiver's post to mean that A is due to re-open around Apr 6; while D will close around that date (presumable once A is open).
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:26 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Let's say someone has an international business class ticket originating or connecting at DFW. What are they supposed to do regarding lounge access? Just forget it for 18 months? Is AA's product really strong enough that it can compare to other carriers who have actual international lounges at their hubs? (Well, except UA at EWR and IAH, which are "under construction" at present).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Let's say someone has an international business class ticket originating or connecting at DFW. What are they supposed to do regarding lounge access? Just forget it for 18 months? Is AA's product really strong enough that it can compare to other carriers who have actual international lounges at their hubs? (Well, except UA at EWR and IAH, which are "under construction" at present).
Ok, I'll bite, if they are originating from DFW, who else are they going to be flying and what other better lounges are available at DFW?

Regards
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:20 am

Reports are there will be a premium lounge (whatever that means) near gate D35 for select passengers (premium cabin + elites). Could also walk/Skylink to terminals B, C or D. And many premium passengers with access will go to the Amex Centurion Lounge in Terminal D.

Is it perfect? No. But American obviously feels it's better to simply close the club to facilitate the makeover versus trying to keep an 'under construction' club open for business.
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Use one of the lounges in the other terminals? It's not that onerous, as you're probably changing terminals anyway at DFW.

And having observed the LAX T4 construction effort, I think that a full closure and a shorter timeline is a much better way to go.
AAway, wrp96 and econometrics like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by dave_261
Is it perfect? No. But American obviously feels it's better to simply close the club to facilitate the makeover versus trying to keep an 'under construction' club open for business.
I'd rather them do it this way, IMO. Quicker turnaround, and when a club is under construction and in use at the same time, the terminal itself usually feels more peaceful.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Reports are there will be a premium lounge (whatever that means) near gate D35 for select passengers (premium cabin + elites). Could also walk/Skylink to terminals B, C or D. And many premium passengers with access will go to the Amex Centurion Lounge in Terminal D.

Perhaps the shared club not far from the AC in Terminal D? I think it serves most of the other international carriers.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Perhaps the shared club not far from the AC in Terminal D? I think it serves most of the other international carriers.
There's a note on the oneworld website that this lounge serves only the noted carriers, due to space constraints or contract terms I would guess.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Anyone know what will happen to Flagship Dining once the D AC closes for renovation?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Interested in this as well... have a flight out to LHR on April 7th and was planning to utilize this lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: It's Complicated...

Originally Posted by bchandler02
That shared club is near D22 and it it doesn't have enough space to serve its current needs in my experience. I cant even place what is near D35 (dont even see a D35 on the map unless I am missing it). Perhaps there is some space upstairs that is available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.