Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is AA actively trying to kill SFO-LAX?!

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by olouie

my August 8:30pm was just cancelled and moved to 6:15pm. .... How do they expect business travelers to deal with that
Fly Southwest. AA is absolutely saying they can't run those routes profitably, but they still think AA travelers won't switch other business away because of these inconveniences. I can't imagine any AA flyer who has work stuff in the West who can use AA exclusively. This even includes walking the long bridge across to catch a WN late flight when I have missed the last AA connecting flight in PHX.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I didn’t believe AA didn’t care until the elimination of the evening flight.

Things like inconvenience happens on other very profitable routes like MIA-LAX evening 772 arrival to remote bus gates, so I just thought they were tone deaf. But this is hard to fathom.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Its called Kindergarten service lol
Graham crackers or goldfish?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
My last 2 trips PEK-xLAX-SFO & HKG-xLAX-SFO, I opted to fly AS on LAX-SFO, for better connection time and more reliable schedule. Albeit, I gave up QF F lounge access!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
The NB-operated flights that have been running this route the past few months have had brutal cancellation rates. Just in the past week, my A319-operated LAX-SFO connection last week and A321-operated SFO-LAX today were both cancelled around T-5.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
Fly Southwest. AA is absolutely saying they can't run those routes profitably, but they still think AA travelers won't switch other business away because of these inconveniences. I can't imagine any AA flyer who has work stuff in the West who can use AA exclusively. This even includes walking the long bridge across to catch a WN late flight when I have missed the last AA connecting flight in PHX.
Status and lounge perks mean a lot to people. Apparently, even delayed and cancelled flights and a poor outpost of a terminal.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
630am LAX to SFO today was cancelled and next available flight was at 3pm. Ended up buying a new ticket on Delta.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Isn’t this route temporarily losing 3 frequencies in the coming months? Thought I read something on A.net
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Isn’t this route temporarily losing 3 frequencies in the coming months? Thought I read something on A.net
I hope not — it was operating at 11-12x daily and was dropped down to 7-8x daily earlier this Spring. At least I'd hope they'd shift them around and return to flying SFO-LAX in the evening.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
What annoying is that AA still loads a full schedule at 11 months out and doesn’t revise the schedule (and thus existing bookings) until 3-4 months out. It’s arguably bait-and-switch and they could do better about the coordination with their trans-Pacific flights.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by DWFI
Why is 45A so problematic? Because of the extra 3 minutes walk from the admirals club?
You have (IMHO) too many posts and are way to quick to defend this air carrier. I won't speculate on motive. Come on now. 3 minutes? It can take that long just to get them to open the door. For a high density, highly competitive corridor, AA's service just plain sucks, and I thought that would be obvious to most.

Added to that, the fact that any service form SFO-LAX will be trashed when there are a few clouds in the sky in the Bay Area and they shut down 28L for flow control, and it makes for exquisite misery and abuse

The OP is correct. This is not an O and D route, and is only a feeder to LA. AA abandoned service from SFO and SJC substantially decades ago, and we in the Bay Area have to do work arounds to deal with it. Such is life. I fly on AAirpass a lot, and frequently take DL form either SJC or SFO before connecting to AA's LAX flights. Defending AA for service on this route strikes a raw nerve in this frequent flyer.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
The problem is the timing on the flights aren't even great for feeding LAX flights (see the 5hr + layover someone mentioned for the HKG flight)
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by skit53
The problem is the timing on the flights aren't even great for feeding LAX flights (see the 5hr + layover someone mentioned for the HKG flight)
With the most recent schedule change, the 6:15p flight mentioned here now departs at 8:30p which is much better suited for SYD and HKG connections.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Looks to me like they’ve now only deleted the 7pm to lax rather than both 7 and 8:30pm. I had intentionally booked the 7 to give more leeway for SFO weather snafus.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

LAX-SFO at 4pm and then at 8pm. Yikes. Nothing in between. Assume that this glaring gap is the result of knock on effects from the MAX grounding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.