Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
No free drinks on my MCE seat 10A on a LUS A321 last night... FA's laughed when I said free drinks, they said "we weren't late or delayed"
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kar don
No free drinks on my MCE seat 10A on a LUS A321 last night... FA's laughed when I said free drinks, they said "we weren't late or delayed"
Man. I'm never complaining about a DL crew ever again.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Perhaps it's time for the Mods to retitle this thread and remove the "(1Q 2018)" since that date passed a week ago. Also, perhaps "Speculation" should be added to the title.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:50 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by controller1
Perhaps it's time for the Mods to retitle this thread and remove the "(1Q 2018)" since that date passed a week ago. Also, perhaps "Speculation" should be added to the title.
The internal employee memo in January said "Spring 2018", so the thread title was never in line with that info. It is more than speculation at this point since some FA's are aware of the changes coming (through employee updates, emails, etc.) and the aforementioned employee memo, along with the comments at one of the investor updates. I'm guessing it's coming sooner than later. AA may well be updating the systems ala Delta so that MCE is sold as a separate class of service. Not sure how they'll handle exit rows. It's nice to be able to advance choose an exit row on DL, even as the lowest tier (Silver). Nobody - not even Diamond - can advance choose a Comfort + seat without paying the higher fare.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by strands
There were claims in this thread that MCE free drinks would begin April 1st. Has anyone here ordered a drink in MCE this week?
Yes, drinks were free in MCE on Eagle flight on 4/6. FA even referenced confusion amongst staff over when new policy was "supposed to start". This FA has been comping drinks in MCE since 3/1 despite no official word from HQ yet. On my conecting mainline flight, MCE pax were charged for adult beverages.
Pasqualle7 and strands like this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I asked the FA on my 3/30 LAX->LIH flight about complimentary alcohol in MCE, and she said she had 'heard' about it but had never seen anything official on it.

Nonetheless she was kind enough to comp my drinks, as well as my wifes. Kids also got free snack boxes -- had card out and ready to pay, and she told me to put the card away. Nice start to the vacation.

Flying back tonight, but, don't plan on inquiring since I'm looking for sleep on this 10:30PM departure.
jhartvu and strands like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
... This FA has been comping drinks in MCE since 3/1 despite no official word from HQ yet. ...
If this was a negative instead of a positive for the passenger, we would be up in arms with pitchforks and torches to stop these "rogue" AA employees who are not following official rules.
Glad you received a free benefit, but I wouldn't count on it being consistent until there is some sort of announcement.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Thingy, United MileagePlus Silver, blah on others
So how do they handle light loads like I experienced this morning AUS-DFW, where all of the MCE passengers were moved back for load balancing out of the MCE section? (not that it matters on a flight that short, but it could happen on longer ones...)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elperro
So how do they handle light loads like I experienced this morning AUS-DFW, where all of the MCE passengers were moved back for load balancing out of the MCE section? (not that it matters on a flight that short, but it could happen on longer ones...)
I understand the need to move folks back for the aforementioned reason, but if someone had paid for the extra legroom in MCE, I'm hoping AA would refund the upcharge.

But back on topic, I'm sure they can still track the pax eligible for the other MCE "benefits", especially since it would be a light load flight.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Strangely enough, I used to always get free drinks in MCE, even though I would offer to pay. The last three times I've ordered a drink though over the last few weeks I've had to pay. I don't mind, I just wish they would confirm what the true policy is.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Uzzar
If this was a negative instead of a positive for the passenger, we would be up in arms with pitchforks and torches to stop these "rogue" AA employees who are not following official rules.
Glad you received a free benefit, but I wouldn't count on it being consistent until there is some sort of announcement.
A good point! However, I've had "rogue" FAs comping drinks on JFK-LAX about 50% of the time going back before the announcement. I never count on it, but it's somehow always a small victory given current state of air travel.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Yes, drinks were free in MCE on Eagle flight on 4/6. FA even referenced confusion amongst staff over when new policy was "supposed to start". This FA has been comping drinks in MCE since 3/1 despite no official word from HQ yet. On my conecting mainline flight, MCE pax were charged for adult beverages.
I was flying BOS-LAX last week, and I could overhear two FAs in the F galley discussing the policy before we took off. Neither seemed to be sure if it had gone into effect yet or not, but both were clear that it was coming. I have no idea if the FA working Y comped MCE drinks or not. I just know that mine were free sitting in 1C.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
The always reliable and informative JonNYC just shared this update:

In short, rollout bumped to summer 2018, to reflect feedback from recent employee "listening sessions."
zpaul and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I guess it is the MCE overhead bin enforcement that was the issue. So free drinks have to wait to finish out that fight?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I guess it is the MCE overhead bin enforcement that was the issue. So free drinks have to wait to finish out that fight?
Hard to tell. I would think that once drinks and food are free, everyone in MCE would be asking for something (a la F) so the workload would increase..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.