Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mak101
I have booked EY buss class ticket using aa rewards and I have 3 hours layover at Chicago before my last lag. Can I get access to AA lounge?
I have a similar scenario into JFK and after I'm pretty sure the answer is no. No lounge access when arriving into US on EY connecting to AA based of EY class of service. The only way is if you were flying on a domestic AA flight that offered lounge access based on class of service.

I'm going to try and get into the EY lounge at JFK but I doubt I'll even be able to do that since it's supposed to be for departures only based on what I've read.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by mak101
I have booked EY buss class ticket using aa rewards and I have 3 hours layover at Chicago before my last lag. Can I get access to AA lounge?
No. Lounge access based on international class of service is for oneworld-operated flights. EY is not a member airline.

The only way you could access the Admirals Club would be if you have paid membership, or a credit card which gives you access when flying AA (as you're connecting to an AA flight).
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by akcae
The only way you could access the Admirals Club would be if you have paid membership, or a credit card which gives you access when flying AA (as you're connecting to an AA flight).
or purchase a day pass.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:30 pm

I'm a little confused about this from the WIKI:

If you find EY inventory from your continent but not your city of choice, as usual you can include any other AAdvantage award airlines in order to complete the itinerary. E.g. LHR-xAUH-DEL-xAUH-CDG on EY connecting to CDG-LHR on BA.

If I book AUH - JFK in F can I add another segment to the back end to MCI in F or would the JFK - MCI segment be an extra award.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: My 90th post, I can now edit the WIKI's, woohoo!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by jlp187

I have been poking around ba.com (i signed up for a BAEC account), but i've yet to figure out how to pull up partner inventory. any tips?
Search by segments rather than the full trip.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
I'm a little confused about this from the WIKI:

If you find EY inventory from your continent but not your city of choice, as usual you can include any other AAdvantage award airlines in order to complete the itinerary. E.g. LHR-xAUH-DEL-xAUH-CDG on EY connecting to CDG-LHR on BA.

If I book AUH - JFK in F can I add another segment to the back end to MCI in F or would the JFK - MCI segment be an extra award.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: My 90th post, I can now edit the WIKI's, woohoo!
Yes, you can add on legs to get home as part of the same award. I have AUH-JFK-DCA-TPA booked as one award next summer.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Yes, you can add on legs to get home as part of the same award. I have AUH-JFK-DCA-TPA booked as one award next summer.
Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
EY lounge in New Delhi??

Booking a return flight (vacation) Del-AUH- JFK, in Business. Considering the 9:35pm departure from DEL. We will have a number of hours to 'kill' prior to our departure. I looked at the EY site and it seems there are 2 international Premium departure lounges (level 3 and 4). can any one offer any guidance as to what amenities these lounges offer? And, when flying AUH - JFK, would i have access to either lounge? thanks
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
I'm seeing F availability for the second segment that I currently have in J as part of MEL-AUH-DEL. However, AAgents can't book it, I'm assuming it's due to the married segment issue. However, I find it a bit amusing/annoying as I've made this exact change 5 times in the past 6 months due to EY keep making schedule changes and I've had to get back on my originally booked flights. There were no issue in the past, not sure why it's a problem now.
I'm having the same issue..even with AU desk. Is there a solution?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Asking because I just got burned with United... (thank you for patience with newbie questions)

If I'm targeting SFO-JFK-AUH-MLE round-trip, for two people, in F, with no status, I could:

- Book the outbound as a one-way F award for two people when I find JFK-AUH available, with the other segments in Y or J, then change the lower cabin legs later when they become available at no fee

- Instead book SFO-XXX-AUH-MLE on EY then later change the routing with no fee

- Change the dates, if necessary, without fee, as long as origin/destination/airlines don't change

- Use a different account to book the return - only additional fee would be an extra reinstatement fee, if we ended up canceling the trip

Trying to think thru every way to make this trip work and still be flexible to improve it later...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:24 am

I am trying to book BOM-PRG for my parents in Econ. Only Etihad is showing available space. But I am not sure abt which airline to connect for the final leg as EY do not fly direct to PRG. Any recommendations on what route or airline will work best for BOM-PRG without paying crazy taxes in BA. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by anubond005
I am trying to book BOM-PRG for my parents in Econ. Only Etihad is showing available space. But I am not sure abt which airline to connect for the final leg as EY do not fly direct to PRG. Any recommendations on what route or airline will work best for BOM-PRG without paying crazy taxes in BA. Thanks.
That is a tough one to do with AA miles as there is not a lot of service to PRG by oneworld and partner carriers.

At first glance, BOM-AUH-LHR-PRG would be an option...if you just use BA for the last segment, on an economy award, then your extra fees should be minimal (below $50).

And don't forget about Air Berlin's service from AUH-TXL. BOM-AUH-TXL-PRG would work. If you could find space on QR, then BOM-DOH-TXL-PRG would be another option.

When is their trip? Looking at a few random dates this spring, you can buy a simple BOM-ZRH-PRG roundtrip for $575 on Swiss. If it were my folks I'd be tempted by that, rather than putting them on a less than ideal award routing.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:17 am

Trip is in May-June. Returning back from ZRH. Round trip cost was around $640/pp for their dates. 20k AA miles would have worked perfect. May be I will use UA miles with good amount of options but long layovers. BOM-IST-PRG is available on Turkish with 6 hr layover.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Asking because I just got burned with United... (thank you for patience with newbie questions)

If I'm targeting SFO-JFK-AUH-MLE round-trip, for two people, in F, with no status, I could:

- Book the outbound as a one-way F award for two people when I find JFK-AUH available, with the other segments in Y or J, then change the lower cabin legs later when they become available at no fee

- Instead book SFO-XXX-AUH-MLE on EY then later change the routing with no fee

- Change the dates, if necessary, without fee, as long as origin/destination/airlines don't change

- Use a different account to book the return - only additional fee would be an extra reinstatement fee, if we ended up canceling the trip

Trying to think thru every way to make this trip work and still be flexible to improve it later...
All of the above appears to be correct, but remember it has to be on an AA redemption to apply. This is of course the AA forum, but just a reminder. Made plenty of changes to my EY/AA routing already and I'm still 5 months out.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Polo1980
Can Etihad make guest seats only available for new bookings? I'm trying to change my etihad flight to one the night before but the AAdvantage exec.plat. lady(Australia desk) told me that all available seats etihad flights are marked as "for new reservation only"
Just had an (Australian) agent tell me something similar. I'm trying to make a date change, and dates where I find availability on etihad.com are consistently showing as unavailable when I call. I mentioned that I've had this problem several times, and she said that it's something they've been experiencing with Etihad where they can book a new reservation but not change an existing reservation. Quite frustrating as either (a) no date changes are allowed on AA-booked Etihad flights, or (b) there's not a way to identify available dates.

If anyone knows any solution, it'd be greatly appreciated.

For a laugh, I tried calling the US (regular reservations) line to see if that would work. After much discussion and lengthy time on hold, I was first offered a flight with no first class cabin, then he did find the availability on the flights I wanted, but it would cause a reprice (even though I'm only changing the dates). Looking more and more like I'm going to have to try a different option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.