Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is AA's nastiest gate?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by eastmanrg
CLT. E 35. 3 gates through one door with a walk on the ramp to the airplane which is only partially covered during inclement weather.
Is that the one with the wooden ramp/staircase? It looks like a leftover from a residential construction project. I always chuckle when I have to get on that.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jcatman
There's toilets down there?
Yes, to the right as you come down the escalator behind the newstand.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Just flew out of 35X yesterday, can confirm, still the worst in my opinion.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
35X never fails to be a clusterf-. It made me giddy when they announced it's going away.
Is it really? Who what when and how? I connected to eagle one time in DCA and never again.

I have never seen D9 at LGA so that must be a new gate since the consolidation. Are they only using it for Eagle? Does it even have a jet bridge? My next LGA trip is in June so I guess I'll have to wait.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
35X never fails to be a clusterf-. It made me giddy when they announced it's going away.
Is it really? Who what when and how? I connected to eagle one time in DCA and never again.

I have never seen D9 at LGA so that must be a new gate since the consolidation. Are they only using it for Eagle? Does it even have a jet bridge? My next LGA trip is in June so I guess I'll have to wait.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
it sounds like in terms of quantity, the lovely PHL, might have the most nasty gates:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...a-clean-filth/
Ouch. Rough review of PHL, but maybe because I'm just a nasty Philadelphian, I don't really see it.

I've certainly experienced some surly workers, but it's no different than what I've seen at ORD, LGA, JFK and other big city airports.

The new bathrooms at PHL are much cleaner than the disgusting bathrooms in the AA terminals at ORD.

B and C renovations are quite nice at PHL.
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by akarneboge
In about 3 or 4 years. New terminal at DCA.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
The new bathrooms/renovated terminal areas at PHL are head and shoulders above the dirty, disgusting "banjo" concourses at EWR terminal A.

I've taken to flying to PHL, SEPTA to 30th st, and amtrak vs flying into newark itself.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Gold
Flew out of B13 at PHL last night. A total disaster with a full A321. Inadequate space.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by DCP2016
This thread made me think, AA has some pretty terrible gates at all airports, is this just luck of the draw or is AA too cheap?
Every airline has or had them. Delta had its L concourse gates at ORD pre-NW merger, United has its godforsaken gates on the D concourse at ATL now.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
Every airline has or had them. Delta had its L concourse gates at ORD pre-NW merger, United has its godforsaken gates on the D concourse at ATL now.
Denver's High-B gates for United Express flights also come to mind. In general, I feel like a lot of the worst gates are commonly associated with regional jet flights.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by arc727
Denver's High-B gates for United Express flights also come to mind. In general, I feel like a lot of the worst gates are commonly associated with regional jet flights.
Good point. Like gates A1A-A6F at IAD.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
C6 at LGA this was very unpleasant........way too small for a fully booked 738 to MIA.....people sitting on floors, overflowing into the tiny passageway.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For those wanting more information on the demise of DCA's 35X: Project Journey | Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:29 pm

I celebrate the demise of gate 35X, but is correct to state that, once the project is complete, travelers who arrive on the upper level will need to check in, go down one floor, and then backtrack across the roadway to reach security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.