Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Offers Casper Bedding & Pajamas / Pyjamas in First and Business (12/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
"Beginning in December (2017) customers seated in long-haul international and transcontinental First or Business class and Premium Economy can enjoy a suite of advanced sleep offerings designed by Casper’s award-winning engineering team. The Casper line of sleep products will include a mattress pad, duvet, pillow, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas and slippers, with the exact offering varying based on the route.

How many and which products are offered will depend on route and class of service. See posts 46 and 63 for photos of the duvet and pillow, and pajamas.

Flagship First Class – Long-Haul International Routes
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas, slippers

Flagship First Class – Transcontinental Routes
Pillow, duvet, lumbar pillow, day blanket

Business Class – Long-Haul International (SYD, AKL, HKG)
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, pajamas, slippers

Business Class – Long-Haul International and Trancontinental Routes
Pillow and duvet

Business Class – Pacific Routes
Pillow, duvet, slippers

Premium Economy
Lumbar pillow and day blanket
Limited Casper products are available on these select routes in addition to traditional long-haul international and transcontinental routes:
  • Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX)
  • New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA)– San Francisco (SFO)
  • U.S. to Hawaii
  • U.S. to Northern Rim of South America (MAR, MAO, BOG, CCS, CLO, GYE, LPB, MDE, UIO, VVI)"
The new py / pajamas consist of drawstring fly-less pants with two pockets and elasticized cuffs, complemented by a vee-neck top, blue piping at the neck, with long sleeves and elasticized cuffs in what looks and feels like a low-thread count somewhat coarse cotton. Colors are ~Pantone 11C gray with ~Pantone 294 blue piping at the neck, blue drawstring; they are offered in S-M and L-XL sizes, in a “sweet dreams” ~Pantone 294 blue drawstring bag with AA and Casper brands in white.

Link to AA page announcing this change
Link to Frequent Business Traveler story from Sept. 28 by Paul Riegler
Link to AA News Release
Link to specific products for each cabin on different types of routes.
Print Wikipost

AA Offers Casper Bedding & Pajamas / Pyjamas in First and Business (12/2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mcrw00
My understanding was that they were standard issue for all long-haul F.
they still do.

The change is F is only on a handful of routes now vs all 47 777s before. So still in F, just a lot less F around.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
FWIW, I definitely did not get them when I flew PHL-MAD last year in J
Old May 8, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Newsroom - American Airlines and Casper - Reimagining sleep at 30,000 feet - American Airlines Group, Inc.

You can click through and see what different routes and classes get. Only business class routes with pajamas are HKG, AKL, SYD. Same ones that get the mattress pad. These and tpac get slippers; transatlantic is just the duvet and pillow for J.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
If they follow published standards, you will not get them.

- All Int'l first class (which is only available on 77W aircraft, does not fly CLT-MAD)
- Int'l business class on DFW-HKG / LAX-HKG / LAX-SYD only
Old May 8, 2018, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just bring your own. They can’t be any worse!
carlosdca and Zacnlinc like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Maybe it's silly, but when I got my pair of the Casper pjs earlier in the year, I wondered why they didn't include the AA logo on the sweater. The old pajamas used to have the AA eagle with the four stars. AA used to have the same logo on the pillows. I guess Cathay doesn't have their logo on the pjs either anymore, and I don't remember JAL's.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Maybe it's silly, but when I got my pair of the Casper pjs earlier in the year, I wondered why they didn't include the AA logo on the sweater. The old pajamas used to have the AA eagle with the four stars. AA used to have the same logo on the pillows. I guess Cathay doesn't have their logo on the pjs either anymore, and I don't remember JAL's.
QF still has the giant roo!

I haven't flown AA F since the Casper change, but I do like their old PJs. The black pajama pants are still comfortable lounge pants.

I actually take them on flights now. I have maybe 30 pairs of QR PJs, so dont need more.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:19 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just flew LAX-HKG AA193 in J with the new Casper bedding. It was decent, and a HUGE improvement over what was offered when we flew the same flight last year before the change.

PJs are nothing special and look and feel almost like they are made in the same exact factory that makes DLs PJs on their Asia routes.

The mattress pad can simply be installed while seated for some extra cushion. I like that it is fitted. I slept a solid 7 hours this time.

The New Cole Haan amenity kits look extremely low-end (gf even got one of the FC bags and I couldn't believe they handed the same crap out in F but with a shoe shine packet!)--nothing special about this.

Had a great flight, though!
skit53 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Recently on two TATL flights with Casper pillow and blanket. I own Casper branded bedding products myself so my expectation was a little high. The blanket is not as soft as I personally prefer, and it gets too hot mid-flight with the cabin temperature. Pillow is good to me.

Agree with the above the new Cole Haan kit is a joke. Looks and feels extremely cheap.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by 355F1
Just flew LAX-HKG AA193 in J with the new Casper bedding. It was decent, and a HUGE improvement over what was offered when we flew the same flight last year before the change.

PJs are nothing special and look and feel almost like they are made in the same exact factory that makes DLs PJs on their Asia routes.

The mattress pad can simply be installed while seated for some extra cushion. I like that it is fitted. I slept a solid 7 hours this time.

The New Cole Haan amenity kits look extremely low-end (gf even got one of the FC bags and I couldn't believe they handed the same crap out in F but with a shoe shine packet!)--nothing special about this.

Had a great flight, though!
True... The PJ are nothing special. I collect them myself and need to give them away or just decline them when offered. Often I just make PJ's out of something I pick up at the airport as I know the routine once I arrive in Asia (check-in to hotel, use the spa and get my clothes pressed for my 10 AM meeting). And I too know that with the bedding material I'm bound to sleep at least 7+ hours easily.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
So do transcon first class pax receive pajamas on the JFK-SFO route?

sorry. Found answer in link above. Guess not...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
How come lax-pek/pvg doesn't count as long haul for the purposes of getting the bedding in J?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by chenalex
How come lax-pek/pvg doesn't count as long haul for the purposes of getting the bedding in J?
It does count as long haul pacific, just like Japan and Korea flights. The primary motive for AA to provide a mattress pad and slippers for HKG and Australian routes is to compete/align with CX/QF. And typically those flights are much longer
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:21 pm

What about business/first from DFW to NRT? Does that count as business class or first class?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Suzzin
What about business/first from DFW to NRT? Does that count as business class or first class?
I wasn't sure if this was an entirely serious question or even what you were asking specifically but in an attempt to answer regardless, it would be whatever class you are seated in, either business or first (if there is a Flagship First of course).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.