Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Offers Casper Bedding & Pajamas / Pyjamas in First and Business (12/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
"Beginning in December (2017) customers seated in long-haul international and transcontinental First or Business class and Premium Economy can enjoy a suite of advanced sleep offerings designed by Casper’s award-winning engineering team. The Casper line of sleep products will include a mattress pad, duvet, pillow, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas and slippers, with the exact offering varying based on the route.

How many and which products are offered will depend on route and class of service. See posts 46 and 63 for photos of the duvet and pillow, and pajamas.

Flagship First Class – Long-Haul International Routes
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas, slippers

Flagship First Class – Transcontinental Routes
Pillow, duvet, lumbar pillow, day blanket

Business Class – Long-Haul International (SYD, AKL, HKG)
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, pajamas, slippers

Business Class – Long-Haul International and Trancontinental Routes
Pillow and duvet

Business Class – Pacific Routes
Pillow, duvet, slippers

Premium Economy
Lumbar pillow and day blanket
Limited Casper products are available on these select routes in addition to traditional long-haul international and transcontinental routes:
  • Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX)
  • New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA)– San Francisco (SFO)
  • U.S. to Hawaii
  • U.S. to Northern Rim of South America (MAR, MAO, BOG, CCS, CLO, GYE, LPB, MDE, UIO, VVI)"
The new py / pajamas consist of drawstring fly-less pants with two pockets and elasticized cuffs, complemented by a vee-neck top, blue piping at the neck, with long sleeves and elasticized cuffs in what looks and feels like a low-thread count somewhat coarse cotton. Colors are ~Pantone 11C gray with ~Pantone 294 blue piping at the neck, blue drawstring; they are offered in S-M and L-XL sizes, in a “sweet dreams” ~Pantone 294 blue drawstring bag with AA and Casper brands in white.

Link to AA page announcing this change
Link to Frequent Business Traveler story from Sept. 28 by Paul Riegler
Link to AA News Release
Link to specific products for each cabin on different types of routes.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I've flown in Flagship First-Int'l multiple times in the past few months and the bedding was one of my least favorite aspects of the experience. While Casper isn't known for bedding versus beds, I'm nonetheless intrigued about this.

American Airlines to Offer Casper Bedding in First and Business Starting in December
American Airlines said it plans to offer new in-flight bedding products from Casper, an American manufacturer of foam mattresses.

The products will include mattress pads, duvets, pillows, day blankets, and lumbar pillows as well as pajamas and slippers and will debut on December 1, 2017.

The products, which will vary by cabin and route, will be offered on all long-haul flights in Flagship First-International, Flagship Business-International, and premium economy cabins as well as on premium transcon routes. Some Casper products will also be offered such routes as Boston-Los Angeles, New York-Seattle, Miami-San Francisco, and Miami-Seatle as well as flights to Hawaii and to northern destinations in South America....
<SNIP>
This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold
in response to the other thread, I wonder how many people will try taking these home LOL
jspira likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eneka
in response to the other thread, I wonder how many people will try taking these home LOL
I was thinking the very same thing!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Bought some basics (pillow covers, bed cover etc) thanks to AMEX offer last year. Decent quality, but far from Westin/JW Marriott comfort.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Bought some basics (pillow covers, bed cover etc) thanks to AMEX offer last year. Decent quality, but far from Westin/JW Marriott comfort.
Or "Saks Fifth Avenue"?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Yeah, agree. Odd choice of brand partner for their highest paying clients - Casper certainly doesn't market itself as an upscale product, but rather an accesible one. Might actually benefit Casper more than AA.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Or "Saks Fifth Avenue"?
Not a Saks person, but absolutely no UA

Originally Posted by Ceasy
Yeah, agree. Odd choice of brand partner for their highest paying clients - Casper certainly doesn't market itself as an upscale product, but rather an accesible one. Might actually benefit Casper more than AA.
Casper is one of the new mattress/bedding players who challenge traditional mattress makers and promote the "direct to customer so we save you $$$" model, so it never makes me feel high-end. I tried a couple of their mattress and still prefer Westin Heavenly Bed (so Simmons) or other mid-high end SPG/MAR hotels. AFAIK the "direct-sales" competition is crazy and this definitely benefits Casper more.

The Casper brand is at least clean in design, grey and white mostly, and decent quality. I am not sure how much difference Saks (UA) or Westin (DL) could make here.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Sep 28, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:25 am

The new bedding appears to be getting introduced on international routes gradually. Any idea which routes / aircraft are getting it first?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
The new bedding appears to be getting introduced on international routes gradually. Any idea which routes / aircraft are getting it first?
Here's some more specific info on what each cabin gets on which type of flight (TATL, TPAC LH, Transcon, etc.):

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rlines-casper/

My guess is starting 1 Dec, the rollout will happen quickly on the INTL routes. So I'm not sure one route will get it first, etc. But just my guess.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by econometrics
Here's some more specific info on what each cabin gets on which type of flight (TATL, TPAC LH, Transcon, etc.):

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rlines-casper/

My guess is starting 1 Dec, the rollout will happen quickly on the INTL routes. So I'm not sure one route will get it first, etc. But just my guess.
It's been a while but I could swear I was provided a mattress pad in F when flying between JFK and GRU. It was not clear that they were providing it on this route.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by george 3
It's been a while but I could swear I was provided a mattress pad in F when flying between JFK and GRU. It was not clear that they were providing it on this route.
From the One Mile At A Time post...

For longhaul international first class, passengers can expect a mattress pad, pillow, duvet, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas, and slippers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eneka
Don't worry, they'll collect them an hour prior to arrival, while you're in a sound sleep, along with the headphones (while you're "almost done with your movie" while in the sound sleep).
chrisny2, econometrics and GWFan like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

That was my reaction and analysis as well. This brings Casper products to a much bigger audience.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
I didn't realize AA offered any upscale products.

Hard to imagine any brand at all benefiting from an association with a US airline other than - maybe - a garbage company.
r415 and econometrics like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by jspira
That was my reaction and analysis as well. This brings Casper products to a much bigger audience.
IIRC their products are starting to hit the shelves in Target

Originally Posted by 869
I didn't realize AA offered any upscale products.

Hard to imagine any brand at all benefiting from an association with a US airline other than - maybe - a garbage company.
I think Casper has a pretty specific market they're catering to right now, mainly the "higher end" and younger crowd of the direct to customer mattress companies. Their products have risen in prices and supposedly dropped in quality but their marketing team has still been top notch. They've been expanding rapidly especially with the $75M Target investment. Regardless, I think it's a nice touch for the premium cabins to get this as it probably benefits both companies' branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.