Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Offers Casper Bedding & Pajamas / Pyjamas in First and Business (12/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
"Beginning in December (2017) customers seated in long-haul international and transcontinental First or Business class and Premium Economy can enjoy a suite of advanced sleep offerings designed by Casper’s award-winning engineering team. The Casper line of sleep products will include a mattress pad, duvet, pillow, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas and slippers, with the exact offering varying based on the route.

How many and which products are offered will depend on route and class of service. See posts 46 and 63 for photos of the duvet and pillow, and pajamas.

Flagship First Class – Long-Haul International Routes
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, day blanket, lumbar pillow, pajamas, slippers

Flagship First Class – Transcontinental Routes
Pillow, duvet, lumbar pillow, day blanket

Business Class – Long-Haul International (SYD, AKL, HKG)
Mattress pad, pillow, duvet, pajamas, slippers

Business Class – Long-Haul International and Trancontinental Routes
Pillow and duvet

Business Class – Pacific Routes
Pillow, duvet, slippers

Premium Economy
Lumbar pillow and day blanket
Limited Casper products are available on these select routes in addition to traditional long-haul international and transcontinental routes:
  • Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX)
  • New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA)– San Francisco (SFO)
  • U.S. to Hawaii
  • U.S. to Northern Rim of South America (MAR, MAO, BOG, CCS, CLO, GYE, LPB, MDE, UIO, VVI)"
The new py / pajamas consist of drawstring fly-less pants with two pockets and elasticized cuffs, complemented by a vee-neck top, blue piping at the neck, with long sleeves and elasticized cuffs in what looks and feels like a low-thread count somewhat coarse cotton. Colors are ~Pantone 11C gray with ~Pantone 294 blue piping at the neck, blue drawstring; they are offered in S-M and L-XL sizes, in a “sweet dreams” ~Pantone 294 blue drawstring bag with AA and Casper brands in white.

Link to AA page announcing this change
Link to Frequent Business Traveler story from Sept. 28 by Paul Riegler
Link to AA News Release
Link to specific products for each cabin on different types of routes.
Print Wikipost

AA Offers Casper Bedding & Pajamas / Pyjamas in First and Business (12/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Can confirm Casper bedding has arrived. In J on AA51 LHR-DFW.

Also looks like they have updated the tray table clothes in both J and F to match.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Quick review in flight: pillow is MUCH better. Duvet is nice and thin but a good, solid feel to it. Also seems a bit larger than previous ones. Definitely easier to manage on my outstretched body as it is thinner but more “sturdy” feeling.

I don’t review bedding for a living, so pardon my novice language to describe it, ha!
dciolli likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:20 pm

Sitting in the 787 ORD - CDG. Here as well Casper bedding has been handed out. I'm a little confused however:
  • The description card that's part of the package shows three plaids, with one appearing to be intended below the passenger. However the package only contains one pillow and one blanket.
  • It also shows slippers, which are nowhere to be found. I know pre-Casper these were provided separately, but not on this flight. Is that generally gone or am I just on a bad flight?
In sum it looks like the picture does not depict the handed out product.
rens likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by matt85
In sum it looks like the picture does not depict the handed out product.
It sounds like you got the right offering: American Airlines Is Introducing Casper Bedding In First & Business Class - One Mile at a Time

For business class on other longhaul international flights and and premium transcontinental routes, passengers can expect a pillow and duvet.
In J, slippers are only on Pacific routes, not Atlantic or SA.

And mattress pad (i.e. to go under you) & pajamas, in J, are only for HKG/SYD/AKL.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
It sounds like you got the right offering: American Airlines Is Introducing Casper Bedding In First & Business Class - One Mile at a Time

In J, slippers are only on Pacific routes, not Atlantic or SA.

And mattress pad (i.e. to go under you) & pajamas, in J, are only for HKG/SYD/AKL.
Sounds about right then. I wasn't aware the slippers being Pacific route only.
The picture above is from the card in my Casper bag. I still think it's confusing they show the full blown option there if that's not what's in the same bag.
After sleeping with the new pillow and blanket, my opinion: Pillow is nice and firm, definite improvement; blanket is quality and thick, but way too warm for my taste.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:53 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Currently onboard AA181 LAX-PEK... Casper bedding is loaded with slippers... The slippers are nice and plush. Will report back my thoughts on the pillow/duvet which I am sure will be miles better than the old ones that I have complained about a lot.

Only annoyance, no PJs. IMHO flights over 12+ hours should offer PJs. Not just HKG/SYD/AKL flights.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Will report back my thoughts on the pillow/duvet which I am sure will be miles better than the old ones that I have complained about a lot.
Better, yes. Miles better, no.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
Better, yes. Miles better, no.
IMHO the old duvet was horrible (unstitched on the inside). Pillow wasn't too bad size wise but too firm for me.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:32 am

My thoughts...

Slippers are nice and plush.

Pillow is nice and fluffy but too thin - I had to request a second one as one wasn't close to enough to support my head. I am a side sleeper so thickness of the pillow is important.

Duvet - while miles better than the old one there is a minor detail that I do not get... The blanket is very scratchy and I have no idea why they thought that material would be good. Blankets should be soft and smooth to the touch in general not coarse.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Just got off DFW-HKG in F.. Like others have said already, did not get PJs... the bedding and slippers were nice... The duvet was just ok I thought... wasn't very soft, and felt a bit stiff.. perhaps needs to be washed a couple of cycles to get better...
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I flew HKG-LAX in J on the 6th and did note that things seemed a bit different, I only read this thread now so wasn't aware of the change. They came around and offered PJ's, which i typically turn down, and noted they were in a different type of plastic bag this time. That was my first indication something was different. Then I also noticed the blanket/duvet was a bit different, thin but comfortable. I really didn't notice much difference in the pillow, but I don't remember what the prior AA pillow was like. I didn't bother putting down the mattress pad or trying on the slippers, since I had no idea they were new and often times don't bother with mattress pads and my feet are usually to large for the slippers. I slept like a baby on the flight so the new stuff worked fine!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I can also confirm also available on flight 65 ZRH-JFK on Dec 8.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Head Pillow, Lumbar Pillow, New Blanket, New Duvet on today's JFK-LAX transcontinental.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Was on the LAX-BOS redeye last night, and was pleasantly surprised (even though I read about it applying to that route) to find the Casper pillow and duvet. When on a redeye with non lie-flat seats, I always bring a neck pillow. And with that and some leftover QR eye-shades, I do have to say that in those seats the new duvet (which actually covers your body and feet comfortably) and pillow (behind my back for support) made a world of difference over what they offered previously on the route.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
My thoughts...

Slippers are nice and plush.

Pillow is nice and fluffy but too thin - I had to request a second one as one wasn't close to enough to support my head. I am a side sleeper so thickness of the pillow is important.

Duvet - while miles better than the old one there is a minor detail that I do not get... The blanket is very scratchy and I have no idea why they thought that material would be good. Blankets should be soft and smooth to the touch in general not coarse.
I was able to try the new Casper bedding on a recent return flight from PEK-ORD. Agreed on all counts. Slippers were kind of cute. Duvet definitely stiff and made of a rougher material than previous bedding. Sleeps a bit warmer too. Is it better? It's not worse, but not sure about better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.