Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:07 am
Suspended

If one looks at the profile of the OP, it appears he never re-logged in to FT to even see the results of his post (could have done it un-logged-in, needless to say.)

As well, no less than 6 members contacted me w/ concern about the verbiage "I am a wounded warrior" etc.

Accordingly-- mostly due to the first factor-- I'd respectfully suggest we stop taking the bait. Just one member's opinion.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Accordingly-- mostly due to the first factor-- I'd respectfully suggest we stop taking the bait. Just one member's opinion.
How am I supposed to weigh your opinion without knowing your alma mater?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:34 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
How am I supposed to weigh your opinion without knowing your alma mater?
HA!!!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
HA!!!
So, what university is that?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:28 pm

When threads like this appear, I almost always have this inkling in the back of my mind that they poster deserved it.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by DylanOakes
When threads like this appear, I almost always have this inkling in the back of my mind that they poster deserved it.
I'm pretty sure they OP is trolling for giggles.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mdg1775
My wife is flying later today, I have told her and will tell my thousands of LinkedIn associates to capture their encounter with AA Reps on video.
AA policy prohibits recording their employees and they would be operating in accordance with their own policies to deny service at that point.

They have to wear their SIDA badges if they are in any secured area (post-TSA, AOA, etc.), but not in the public spaces.
It can very by airport. At one airport I worked at, I was required to have my ID badge visible when on duty and behind the ticket counter, even though it was outside the sterile area.

That being said, I also doubt LAWA, TSA, or DOT would be interested because:

Originally Posted by brettsir
Upon receiving your LAX SIDA badge you are told not to photograph it, or allow others to photograph it.

Most airlines require only first name to be provided to guests as the popularity of social media and other online resources has made it incredibly easy for employees to become targets of harassment if their full name is provided.

Additionally most airlines ask that employees refrain from photographing or allowing others to photograph their company badge.

Seeing how both badges contain information that is not necessary for the guest, as well as opens up the agent to the whole photos thing, tucking their badge into their shirt is completely normal in that situation.
^ The agent was taking steps to prevent their badge from being photographed.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Or at least when OP never returns,
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me ...

And then the soldier dude SHOT me.

- I'm dating myself now.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Global Entry, Rapid Rewards, TrueBlue, MileagePlus
Yes next time record the situation. A video is worth a thousand words. AA can stop you from recording on their aircraft, they can't stop you from recording them in a public airport terminal.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SomethingSpecialInTheAir
Yes next time record the situation. A video is worth a thousand words. AA can stop you from recording on their aircraft, they can't stop you from recording them in a public airport terminal.
That's not likely to deescalate the situation and get them to help you.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Global Entry, Rapid Rewards, TrueBlue, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by deeruck
That's not likely to deescalate the situation and get them to help you.
I agree, and I normally wouldn't do it if I was a customer on them that day, but if you are already in a no-win situation and you might not even be flying with them anymore that day, there is nothing left to lose.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
+1 squared. Based on decades of airport observation, I feel that most of the time, these types of posts are self inflicted by any combination of DYKWIA, tone, inflection, volume, threat, entitlement, alcohol, etc. .

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Or at least when OP never returns,
+1 "OPW" (One Post Wonder)

FWIW #1-Growing up in the SF Bay Area, when meeting people for the first time, always thought it comical that a large % of alums from a University in Palo Alto that shall remain nameless, managed to mention they went there within the 1st 1-5 minutes.

FWIW #2-( For credibility purposes only: ) Graduated from San Diego State University (one of the best 7 years of my life!) with a BA in Chinese history and a great tan. A Chinese history degree prepares one perfectly for a 40+ year career in Financial Services sales.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Mar 3, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Just an anecdote: I traveled through LAX in 2012 (so, pmAA). All agents were somewhat dreary and unpleasant. I've heard that same issue with other airlines (UA, DL) so it must be a LAX thing.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
FWIW #2-( For credibility purposes only: ) Graduated from San Diego State University (one of the best 7 years of my life!) with a BA in Chinese history and a great tan. A Chinese history degree prepares one perfectly for a 40+ year career in Financial Services sales.

+1 For what its worth, I forwarded this to my son who upon moving back to the US from Brazil will be applying for a similar job on the foreign angle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.