Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
How did I know even before clicking on this thread that the OP would have a low post count?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Mdg1775
I am a wounded warrior and Harvard alum, AND A CUSTOMER.
Thank you for your service, but your military and education status is totally irrelevant. Every customer should be treated with courtesy and respect. Bringing up military service and alma mater as a means of getting better treatment is classic DYKWIA. (Do You Know Who I Am)

Why should I be made to feel I cannot ask a simple question like "can I use the machine to change seats or do I see a gate agent?"
What was the exact question you did, in fact, ask? Context, sir, context.

I have told her and will tell my thousands of LinkedIn associates to capture their encounter with AA Reps on video.
Trust me, your LinkedIn associates won't care. I'm reading your story here on FT and nothing you have said has moved me to change my flying habits one bit.

Anyone have similar experience? Is this the accepted culture at LAX?
No and no. LAX is my home airport. I've flown in and out of LAX many times, and have never had a similar experience. But then I treat all the employees with courtesy and respect.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Airlines will not give out disciplinary details.

OP, we alumni know that having graduated from a school "just outside Boston", we're not to mention the school name or that we went there unless someone asks. Having gone to school there may give us jobs that allow for more or higher-class travel, but the degree doesn't entitle us to better treatment per se.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
" I am a wounded warrior and Harvard alum, "

I fail to see what that has to do with anything.
Did you tell the agents this?

". Why should I be made to feel I cannot ask a simple question like "can I use the machine to change seats or do I see a gate agent?"

Can you explain how this ended up in the scenario you have described?
While customers should be well treated by AA agents, it sounds like there was something that triggered it from the customer side.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
" I am a wounded warrior and Harvard alum, "

I fail to see what that has to do with anything.
Well, the second part could explain the sense of entitlement and lack of social skills
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Steve M
How did I know even before clicking on this thread that the OP would have a low post count?
And never posted again. I think he got us on this one.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjw242
Well, the second part could explain the sense of entitlement and lack of social skills
I almost feel bad for actual Harvard alums. One subset of them talks so much trash to everyone who will listen that another subset of them is almost embarrassed to admit they went there.

Seriously: I have a friend who went to grad school there and hardly ever mentions it. One night I was giving him some sh*t about it, and he said "I know there are a ton of Harvard people out there who are total A-holes about it. So I just tell people I lived in Boston for a while and let them think it was BU or BC..." I countered by saying every alumni base has its share of obnoxious people, but I guess Harvard kind of dials it up to 11...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:49 am

I just assumed they were bra sizes.
Originally Posted by davie355
Makes sense then that Asian lady is identified differently...
Are either of these posts really appropriate?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Steveholt, thank you for finally saying that!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
There's little that's sadder or more pitiful than someone trashing a school that s/he couldn't get into.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
There's little that's sadder or more pitiful than someone trashing a school that s/he couldn't get into.
Turned down, actually.

I actually am fairly self-deprecating about my own alma mater, but apparently some schools don't impart the same sense of humor or humility.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:51 pm

Deleted
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
What's a wounded warrior? A purple heart recipient?. I don't really believe OP in any of this.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hiima
What's a wounded warrior? A purple heart recipient?. I don't really believe OP in any of this.
I suppose I'm just a warrior But, I don't think I've actually heard anyone in the military use that term toward themselves.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Footage of the ticket agents talking about the OP:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.