Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:42 pm

I have an award that's been at "On Request" since Feb 27th.

Only thing is all my attempts to call AA have resulted in being hung up on - there is no option to actually get through to a representative.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
I have an award that's been at "On Request" since Feb 27th.

Only thing is all my attempts to call AA have resulted in being hung up on - there is no option to actually get through to a representative.
Why are you wasting your time, is travel soon? I booked with AA on Jan 10, it ticketed Feb 19, for August travel. If that's any help.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Why are you wasting your time, is travel soon? I booked with AA on Jan 10, it ticketed Feb 19, for August travel. If that's any help.
^

Good to hear. I thought the common wisdom on FT is to panic if awards are not ticketed within a few days as they may drop off if ticketing isn't done. Mine's for travel in April.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:57 pm

It took about 24 hours for my award flights to be ticketed. And I travel on x-mas........
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:46 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
If anyone is looking to redeem CX flights for the next 10 days, I'd say good luck. I booked CX 897 about 3 weeks ago. Availability was wide open (using Asia Miles). Last week, they decided to cancel two flights out of 4 ex LAX on the day I'm flying out (believe it's the pilot strike). A friend of mine who works for CX was showing me the inventory. 0s on most flights and a sizable standby request by staff.

Anyone on here been called by AA or CX about flights being cancelled?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by gemini573
If anyone is looking to redeem CX flights for the next 10 days, I'd say good luck. I booked CX 897 about 3 weeks ago. Availability was wide open (using Asia Miles). Last week, they decided to cancel two flights out of 4 ex LAX on the day I'm flying out (believe it's the pilot strike). A friend of mine who works for CX was showing me the inventory. 0s on most flights and a sizable standby request by staff.

Anyone on here been called by AA or CX about flights being cancelled?
There is a pilot strike going on ?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:50 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
There is a pilot strike going on ?
Been going on since around Christmas of 2014. As no agreement was reached, the pilots refuse to work outside of their contractual agreement. Because of this, you're seeing cancellations, especially on 77W operated flights.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For those who are waiting a while for ticketing, I had a similar experience a week or so ago and it took 4 days. I called once after 3 days to check on it and was told that due to the weather issues the ticketing systems/office were extremely backed up and my ticket was low priority as it was a September departure. I wouldn't worry too much until day 3 or 4
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gemini573
Been going on since around Christmas of 2014. As no agreement was reached, the pilots refuse to work outside of their contractual agreement. Because of this, you're seeing cancellations, especially on 77W operated flights.
This explains why CX inventory is dry up to departure ex-US when usually there's quite a bit of inventory. I was getting worried that trends were changing and CX was getting stingy/actually selling all F seats. Guess I'll be keeping my eye on this much closer, as I'm looking to book a flight to SGN in a couple months.

Any insight on to whether this will be resolved soon?

Last edited by bhamsan01; Mar 6, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:11 am

Looking to see if anyone has a better idea. BA is showing an F seat available on Mar 10 for CX 884. I've tried calling AA 3 times over 4 hours to get an upgrade from a J award, but none of the AA agents are able to see the seat.

Does anyone have any tricks to get AA agent to find the seat? Or is this just phantom inventory? Just 3 days ago, I ran into this situation, and AS agent was able to see the award fine, while 2 AA agents couldn't find a thing.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA
Is there far less availability close to departure for HKG to European destinations except LHR compared to HKG to US destinations? I tried a few random searches on Awardnexus and found zero. Obviously there are far more flights to the US destinations, but all Y/C/F are coming up blank. Maybe it's that pilot strike?

Was thinking of for KUL-BCN via CX/Iberia.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
^

Good to hear. I thought the common wisdom on FT is to panic if awards are not ticketed within a few days as they may drop off if ticketing isn't done. Mine's for travel in April.
Turned out something funky was happening. A whole week passed and ticket still hadn't been issued. Called in and there was some confusion over the underlying ticket exchange (I rebooked a previously cancelled booking) since it was a new PNR. Eventually rep set it up right and told me to expect the ticket within 48 hours.

Ticketed 2 hours later after the call.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:58 am

Europe - HKG - Jan/Feb 16

See plenty of availability on BA and JL sites for CX F class between Europe and HKG for early next year and AA cannot see any of them !

I've called AA multiple times to no avail, will keep on trying!

Interestingly its not just F class, they couldn't see some J class seats on CX as well.

AA agents had no issue seeing JL F class, or CX F class between Japan and HKG, HKG and BKK.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:42 pm

Does AA has any plan to allow CX booking on aa.com
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by drb1979
See plenty of availability on BA and JL sites for CX F class between Europe and HKG for early next year and AA cannot see any of them.
How early next year? Remember that AA can see only 331 days out on CX, while BA goes 355 days out IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.