Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Request isn’t Listed at Gate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by wetrat0
I wanted to come back to this thread to second this suggestion. Last week I found myself unexpectedly missing from an upgrade list. Remembering AANYC1981's suggestion from this thread, I hopped on the nearest kiosk and went through the check-in steps again. That did the trick (and I got the upgrade).
Awesome! So glad it helped and worked out for you
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
This has been happening to me (EXP) whenever I request a same-day flight change.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
This has been happening to me (EXP) whenever I request a same-day flight change.
I'd say this happens to me about 80% of the time with SDFC. Every so often it works fine and the other times I either send a screenshot of the upgrade list to the Twitter team (if I'm feeling ornery) and they fix it or I just hit the kiosk at the airport and it resolves.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
I've reported this many times in that thread....happens literally every time I do SDFC.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: american ihg hilton
i guess i am not the only person that sees this as a problem and I am not the only one that has reported this as a problem to aa. Bottom line aa needs to just fix the problem so customers don't have to do the things being suggested.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
I have had it happen often enough I started to ask gate agents. From what I can tell it usually happens when you check in with a person. I generally have since checked in online or kiosk with no issues.

More often than not it is former US agents that do not select to add you to the list at check in. This was due to the process at US being automatic and LAA system is not.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Failed to be added to upgrade list

Curious if anyone else has failed to be added to the upgrade list.

I'm on the AA 18 SFO-JFK 321T today. My routing is SFO-JFK-BOS. I purchased the flight 5 days ago, and as EP requested upgrades on both segments. I got an e-mail with JFK-BOS clearing same day. I got somewhat nervous as I saw the J cabin for SFO-JFK fill up, and at T-4, I checked the upgrade list, only to see "No passengers have requested an upgrade for this flight". I pressed upgrades in the app, and sure enough, it said "requested".

I called the EP line, and they were quite confused - they said I didn't request the upgrade. Eventually they were able to fix it, and I cleared almost right away. No harm done, but now I'm a bit more concerned with a few more JFK-SFO segments coming up.

Anyone else fail to be on the upgrade list, even though you requested an upgrade?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:19 pm

For EXP isn't the upgrade request automatic?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
It has happened to me at least 2-3 times. I guess we should be calling EXP line immediately at T-4, when the problem becomes obvious.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by olouie
For EXP isn't the upgrade request automatic?
yes, I'm pretty sure the request went in but I wasn't on the upgrade list at T-4.

Originally Posted by nk15
It has happened to me at least 2-3 times. I guess we should be calling EXP line immediately at T-4, when the problem becomes obvious.
Was this all recent? Guess I'll have to monitor these requests really closely then...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If you requested miles and copay upgrade, they will delete the complimentry EXP upgrade request.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Plat
This has happened on each of my 3 most recent flights. Each was a <500 mile comp. Each reservation indicated Upgrade Requested, which is automatic for these short hops. In each instance I completed OLCI, looked at upgrade list on App to see where I was and saw "No passengers have requested an upgrade for this flight." F was wide open in all cases. Requested that TA or club agent add me to list. Cleared at gate. Something is clearly amiss.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
If you requested miles and copay upgrade, they will delete the complimentry EXP upgrade request.
did not request anything other than the "automatically" requested comp. upgrade

Originally Posted by DCAorBust
This has happened on each of my 3 most recent flights. Each was a <500 mile comp. Each reservation indicated Upgrade Requested, which is automatic for these short hops. In each instance I completed OLCI, looked at upgrade list on App to see where I was and saw "No passengers have requested an upgrade for this flight." F was wide open in all cases. Requested that TA or club agent add me to list. Cleared at gate. Something is clearly amiss.
Good to know. I wonder if the upgrade list is just broken (on these flights), and no one is added to the list...

Also, my flight, even with 5 empty seats at T-4 and no one requesting upgrades supposedly, left full in J. I don't think it was full in Y so I wonder if the upgrade list really was just broken.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Has happened to me multiple times. Lost upgrade twice because of it and since then make sure to follow closely the list.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
This has been a problem for a while: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...sted-gate.html

Something that has been reported to work (and worked for me on at least one occasion) was to repeat the check in steps. At least on the kiosk, there is a button marked "Upgrades". Clicking that leads to a screen that asks whether you want to be on the upgrade wait list. After following these steps I was on the airport list after previously being left off.

Of course it should never happen in the first place...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.