Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Request isn’t Listed at Gate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I've been dropped a couple of times but the AC got me back on the list in the correct order. Yes, always check the mobile app at T-4 to make sure you are on the list.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by no2chem
yes, I'm pretty sure the request went in but I wasn't on the upgrade list at T-4.

Was this all recent? Guess I'll have to monitor these requests really closely then...
Yes, mostly recently. I was pretty pissed as I should have cleared way earlier, but at least I cleared in all cases. It is probably okay for an EXP if they catch it at T-4, but for Plats odds increase they won't clear.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I have this occasionally happen but its not a regular occurrence.

Most recently, I purchased through a travel agency. My upgrade on the connection flight cleared before it was ticketed and the travel agency (its the government contract ...) took away my upgrade and put me back in coach. On my West Coast redeye, I showed on the upgrade list.

In the AA system, it showed upgrade confirmed but I was in a Y seat that I couldn't change to F. The West Coast AC said they couldn't do anything about it and to call the EXP line. The EXP line said they couldn't do anything about it and to check at the gate at my connection. When I got to my connecting gate, there was no one showing on the upgrade list and they clicked around and fixed it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by wetrat0
This has been a problem for a while: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...sted-gate.html

This thread has now been merged into that cited above, with thanks.

/Moderator
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This happened to me a few weeks ago for a <500mi segment (DFWMSY). GA told me she's "been doing this a long time" and the passenger always has to check in at the gate to be put on the upgrade list .
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
I had a Miles & Copay upgrade disappear for an international flight once. I couldn't find anyone at the airport who could add me, so I called customer service.

I was told that "The upgrade list was so large" and that I was "so far down the list" that "the computer decided it was impossible for me to get upgraded" so I was dropped.

Needless to say, I told the agent that didn't make sense, and she rudely snapped back at me "If you want to fly business class, pay for business class."

This was a couple of years ago before I had AC access. Now I'd never even attempt to call CS about anything happening at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.