Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Printing Receipts and Obtaining Ticket Numbers

Ticket numbers for AA begin with "001" and are found in your emailed e-ticket and in your printed receipt. You may find it difficult to find it on Awards. One easy way to get your ticket number if your PNR is current is to Direct Message @AmericanAir on Twitter.

These can be used to check ticket status or request refunds on https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/.

For awards you will not see the print receipt option in your PNR. For most other ticketed trips booked on AA.com, or using AA, you will see the option toward the bottom of the PNR.

LukasVIE has found a nice workaround:

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
(paraphrased for more general use)

Here is how you will get your e-ticket number:

1.Open your award reservation on AA.com

2.Copy and paste this link in a new tab (or current tab) in your browser (do it with right click as Flyertalk truncates hyperlinks)
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

3. Press enter and execute the link. You should see a receipt with e-ticket number.
Or use this link following instructions above.

And:

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
For AA bookings with interline segments, accessing/e-mailing the e-ticket receipt through Amadeus might be a good option. With the Amadeus record locator, the following sites will print the current AA receipt (arguably in a better format than AA itself provides:

http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx (Chinese language site, enter PNR in first box, last name in second box, etkt pops up moments after clicking go)

http://eticket.qatarairways.com/eTic...rentrypage.jsf (click the schedule change box before hitting process ticket)

Your ticket number can be found on your credit card bill. Just look at your credit card billing on line after the ticket status is "Ticketed". It's a 13-digit number starting with 001 for AA.
Print Wikipost

Print Itinerary and Receipt, & How do I find ticket number?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I tried checkmytrip.com for my RJ and Eitihad award tickets booked on AA but I got error messages. Another interesting thing as I was investigating, the confirmation I found from the day the tickets were issued, and the ticket number on my AAdvantage credit card statement for that month listing the charge are not the same, and not even close. So, what is the real ticket number? The plot keeps thickening and this is one of those times when details do matter.

One other questions for the tripcase/checkmy trip users, do I have to create a new account for each traveler to pull up by PNR? I'm managing a trip for 7 with three different last names, and I was trying to figure out the best way to do that. Some of the pnr's have multiple last names, obviously each person has their own ticket number, regardless of how many people are on the PNR.

I am also going to try the helpful links on the bottom right now. That would be really great.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Just went to AA.com and the print trip in the helpful links at the bottom and the top show the same view of the reservation with no ticket number. This was for paid and award tickets, on various airlines including RJ, Eitihad, and Qantas. I know that the trip says ticketed, but this makes me a little nervous, and obviously want to be really careful that I keep track of ticket numbers at time of booking and confirmation. What will be next?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Beerup, thank you...thank you I was able to use tripcase, and load both my records, and other family members pnr for both AA flights and partner flights, paid and award tickets, and was able to see the history of the eticket receipts (as you mention seeing the entire history is an improvement of what you used to see in AA.com) in the documents section... and matched them to the original documents I had for some of the pnr's and they do match (I know they should, but I still dont know why the AAdvantage statement doesn't match) Thank you for your detailed printouts and directions. Its my new tool of choice, as you mention.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The new aa.com booking and PNR rendering have resolved this issue.

Pulling up your PNR reveals:
  • PNR page shows price and breakdown (fare + carrier imposed fees, taxes)

• "Print trip and receipt" option (to new page) (receipt including ticket number)

• Click on seat # to go to seat selection process

• Link to meal order (within 30 days)
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-2016-a.html

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 17, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by JDiver
The new aa.com booking and PNR rendering have resolved this issue.

Pulling up your PNR reveals:
  • PNR page shows price and breakdown (fare + carrier imposed fees, taxes)

• "Print trip and receipt" option (to new page) (receipt including ticket number)

• Click on seat # to go to seat selection process

• Link to meal order (within 30 days)
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-2016-a.html
Unfortunately this is not the holy-grail solution. With the new IT, award flights (i.e., pertinent to this thread) do not have "Print trip and receipt" but just "Print trip" which just prints the web-formatted itinerary page. At least that is true for all my award bookings as well as others posting in this thread.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by beerup
Unfortunately this is not the holy-grail solution. With the new IT, award flights (i.e., pertinent to this thread) do not have "Print trip and receipt" but just "Print trip" which just prints the web-formatted itinerary page. At least that is true for all my award bookings as well as others posting in this thread.
For the award flights, we still cannot print or display the receipt or ticket number.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by dk123
For the award flights, we still cannot print or display the receipt or ticket number.
Not sure why the subject line is now marked as "resolved" - it isn't resolved as far as my reward flights are concerned (speaking for myself only here) - still only just the "Print" button (for printing itineraries and not receipts) available - this is the case even for award flights on AA own metal. Printing receipts for those is now a tedious multi-step process, no longer a one stop self-help thru AA.com

The "Print trip and receipt" functionality was still alive as recent as late Aug for reward flights, I booked and printed two around 8/25 or 8/26.

Not sure if the issue is resolved now for paid flights booked directly on AA.com, as all my paid flights happened to be booked thru travel agent and the "Print trip and receipt" functionality is intact for those.

It seems AA has little to nil QA process for rolling out "enhancements" to AA.com, the recent ones have broken a number of useful functionality. The biggest joke is to be told by AA (elite desk and web support) there is no way to raise a trouble ticket to report the issue, seriously ?! If customers have to resort to 3rd party web portals as a work around, why even bother having AA.com ?

Last edited by CoffeBeans; Sep 18, 2016 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by dk123
In addition, some changes to award itineraries by the operating carrier are not even displayed or printable using the "Print Trip" option. In my case, a regional CX segment was re-allocated to KA; the entire itinerary is no longer viewable on aa.com even though linking via the AA PNR on TripCase yields the newly updated itinerary.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:30 pm

Award trips remain the same: one can not print a receipt for an award trip.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
...unless one uses TripCase with direct linking to a booking as described above.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
All but one of my itns on AA.COM, still only have "print trip"; the "good one" was booked through a travel agency AND does have "print receipt and trip".
But since TRIPCASE does what I need^.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 4, 2016 at 2:11 pm Reason: Unnecessary
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by beerup
...unless one uses TripCase with direct linking to a booking as described above.
From th PNR, nada. TripCase is Sabre-native, so pretty useful.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:59 am
SK

workaround

A workaround I found to print a receipt for an award trip, if you also have other trips, which are non-award, in your list of reservations.

- Go to a "normal", non-award trip, which does have a Print trip and receipt option.

- Click, to get the receipt. This opens a new tab (or new window, depending on your browser). Do not close this new tab!

- Go back to your trips and select the award trip whose receipt you need. When it loads, switch to the still open receipt of the previous trip and reload that window. It will now load the receipt of the award trip.

Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by SK
A workaround I found to print a receipt for an award trip, if you also have other trips, which are non-award, in your list of reservations.

- Go to a "normal", non-award trip, which does have a Print trip and receipt option.

- Click, to get the receipt. This opens a new tab (or new window, depending on your browser). Do not close this new tab!

- Go back to your trips and select the award trip whose receipt you need. When it loads, switch to the still open receipt of the previous trip and reload that window. It will now load the receipt of the award trip.
Excellent tip! Thanks SK.

The only catch is you need to have a upcoming paid trip to use this work-around.

So the functionality is still there just can't be accessed from award trip any more. Is this a result of sloppy 'enhancement' or intentional removal by AA ?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SK

Neat! Similar to the multi-tab hack for changing the name of a PNR. Seems to me, though, that the browser-makers are working on clamping down on cross-tab/window activity for security reasons, so these may stop working in the near future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.