Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

One LAX-LHR rotation changing from 77W to 772 – impacts, flight change possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One LAX-LHR rotation changing from 77W to 772 – impacts, flight change possible?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I noticed it last month.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Looks like AA136 gets the 77W in June and AA108 gets the 772. A reversal.

Looks like all 3 nonstops from DFW-LHR are 77W in June.

Flew LAX-LHR in Feb. and the 77W wasn't full. Plus easy upgrade availability to J.

Either there is more competition on the LAX-JFK or West coast people just don't travel as much to Europe as East coast people, which among friends I know to be the case.

Plus less connection options from LAX, more connection to DFW and JFK.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cova
Flew LAX-LHR in Feb. and the 77W wasn't full. Plus easy upgrade availability to J.

Either there is more competition on the LAX-JFK or West coast people just don't travel as much to Europe as East coast people, which among friends I know to be the case.
We also flew LAX-LHR/LHR-LAX in February (en-route to CPH). We had 772 outbound, and it was fine. This upgrade cleared at booking about 7 months out (yeah, last time that's gonna happen ).

The return was 77W. It had about 30 seats open until the day prior and still no upgrades. Finally cleared at about T-28 hours or so. Was out and about in Copenhagen, so had to call for meal choice as this is a pain on the full website on phone.

Must have been a lot of upgrades pending, though, as it got mostly full by flight time.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
My flight AA108 LAX-LHR in June is now 772.
Did AA change it long time ago??? I just noticed
I thought both AA108 and AA136 were 77W in summer???
Oh, well
This swap happened a few months ago. I was actually booked in F on an upcoming AA108 March 26th itinerary, and was down-gauged to J, and the AA109 return was impacted too.

I called Exp Plat line and they moved my flights thru DFW to retain F seats and to get better connection times.

108/109 and 135/136 swapped configs. The net-net is still one 77W and one 772.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:03 pm

I got dinged for my June flight on an biz milesAAver award for AA108. I just called and they said they couldn't switch me without available inventory on AA136, and they can only get inventory opened when it's a time change.

It kinda sounds like I should HUCA, right? I was a bit reluctant to call anyway because it seems like you get much better service by calling on a weekday afternoon.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Duplicate

Last edited by 355F1; Mar 12, 2017 at 4:45 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

EFF!!!

i too am flying that route in June and just checked that info and yes....ugh....it went from a 77W (which is why I booked it using an SWU) to a 772.

they also threw a schedule change on me that cut my connection time to less than 60mins @ LAX, which I believe is below the MCT for Dom-Int'l.

I think I'm going to call the EXP line and see if I can use this to change flights.

Last edited by 355F1; Mar 12, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Got hit by this for 109 on July 4. Booked in paid J with a SWU to F. Itinerary was updated to say "Business," but still in seat 2J, which doesn't exist on the refurb 772 AFAIK. (It does on the unrefurbished model... but in F not J.)

Fortunately, there's A space on 135 that day. Dreading the call to the EXP desk to fix it, though. It's an AA Vacations ticket, so I'm sure they'll pass me back and forth a few times before getting it resolved.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yoyoel
Got hit by this for 109 on July 4. Booked in paid J with a SWU to F. Itinerary was updated to say "Business," but still in seat 2J, which doesn't exist on the refurb 772 AFAIK. (It does on the unrefurbished model... but in F not J.)

Fortunately, there's A space on 135 that day. Dreading the call to the EXP desk to fix it, though. It's an AA Vacations ticket, so I'm sure they'll pass me back and forth a few times before getting it resolved.
I was also booked on 108 / 109 in May via AA Vacations. I called into AA Vacations (not EXP desk) and they changed us to 136 / 135. I sited the AA international rules to justify the change since the equipment was swapped. It was changed within 5 min. I then called the EXP desk to re-apply my SWUs.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by dciolli
I was also booked on 108 / 109 in May via AA Vacations. I called into AA Vacations (not EXP desk) and they changed us to 136 / 135. I sited the AA international rules to justify the change since the equipment was swapped. It was changed within 5 min. I then called the EXP desk to re-apply my SWUs.
Well, I'm switched and couldn't even change if there was availability without incurring departure tax since it would take me over 24 hours in London.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Glad I booked our LAX-LHR F flights on BA. None of this disappearing first class nonsense.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
EFF!!!

i too am flying that route in June and just checked that info and yes....ugh....it went from a 77W (which is why I booked it using an SWU) to a 772.

they also threw a schedule change on me that cut my connection time to less than 60mins @ LAX, which I believe is below the MCT for Dom-Int'l.

I think I'm going to call the EXP line and see if I can use this to change flights.
Called the EXP line and they changed me to the AA136 flight, which gives me an extra hour to enjoy my favorite lounge in the US--The Qantas First Lounge @ LAX!!!!!

ALso....the lady said that she wasn't able to physically take the earlier LAX-LHR flight out of my reservation, but my SWU request was time-stamped with my original requested date. She said both flights will show up on my reservation but I am on the AA136 flight. This was a little confusing. I can't view any of the trip details on aa.com; it says to call Reservations.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:41 am

Third time was the charm. Got switched over to 136 just now, after the AAgent contacted the help desk to open inventory for me. I'm not sure which of the following was most helpful:

1. Saying the magic words "schedule/equipment change"
2. Getting a good AAgent/HUCA
3. Calling on a weekday morning...do the folks who have the power to open inventory work on the weekends?

Anyway, worked for me!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:02 pm
In memoriam

I'm planning to buy F (A) tickets with Thank You Points from LAX to LHR in July. I'm confused about what kind of aircraft I should expect. On aa.com they're showing 77W on both AA108 and AA136. Is this correct?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
What's the difference between the two? FWIW my lhr-lax flight scheduled for 12/27 says 77W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.