Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

One LAX-LHR rotation changing from 77W to 772 – impacts, flight change possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One LAX-LHR rotation changing from 77W to 772 – impacts, flight change possible?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I can't imagine anyone would argue the 772 CIP Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite is better than the 77W Zodiac "Cirrus" Business Suite seats (similar to those offered by Cathay Pacific and EVA).
Oh, pick me! x I only like the 772 Z seat better than the 77W when flying with a companion. I like the rear-facing middle seats, as I can actually have an easy convo with my traveling friend while seated comfortably. (I've never had the issue of the divider locked up on 4 772 TATLs.

Solo, I do like the 77W seat more.

Originally Posted by no1cub17
So where's the 77W that's being pulled off this route going? You'd think AA would want their best product here.
My guess is to South America for the winter. BUT... AA is already taking a 77W from DFW-GRU and replacing it with the 789 starting in early Nov... so I could be very wrong.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:29 pm

Ah just got dinged on 136/135.

Whats the motivation in AA doing this? This flight is consistently full and most are paid customers.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
Oh, pick me! x I only like the 772 Z seat better than the 77W when flying with a companion. I like the rear-facing middle seats, as I can actually have an easy convo with my traveling friend while seated comfortably. (I've never had the issue of the divider locked up on 4 772 TATLs.

Solo, I do like the 77W seat more.

My guess is to South America for the winter. BUT... AA is already taking a 77W from DFW-GRU and replacing it with the 789 starting in early Nov... so I could be very wrong.
Exactly! Maybe to AKL? But that sounds like way too drastic an increase in capacity to make sense. But I guess it makes even less sense that AA would pull their premier aircraft off of LAX-LHR. A real head scratcher to this armchair CEO.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:32 pm

Exactly! Maybe to AKL? But that sounds like way too drastic an increase in capacity to make sense. But I guess it makes even less sense that AA would pull their premier aircraft off of LAX-LHR. A real head scratcher to this armchair CEO.
I do wonder about AKL. I dropped into AACargo.com today to look for scheduling and noticed a web banner on there for AKL cargo delivery. Probably just a coincidence, but you never know... (well, *I* never know. Because I literally don't know. )
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by JDiver
I can't imagine anyone would argue the 772 CIP Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite is better than the 77W Zodiac "Cirrus" Business Suite seats (similar to those offered by Cathay Pacific and EVA).
I think he means the super diamond or I hope that's what he means.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Maybe need it for LAX-HKG?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, assuming I'm stuck, what 4 seats are best for a group of adults and older teens.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by vickisocal
so, assuming i'm stuck, what 4 seats are best for a group of adults and older teens.
5adhl. 👍🏼
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5adhl. 👍🏼
Well dang, that's where we are. :-)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:05 pm

Cant select food on this route for next week, is it down for anyone else?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:19 pm

New meals are up LAX -LHR and Vice Versa
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, SWA, Lifemiles, Emirates, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by surftb15
New meals are up LAX -LHR and Vice Versa
Not liking my choices for 9/23
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone comment on what will happen to our two tickets in Z if the flight remains a 772? Will we be able to get a refund of miles between the cost of first saver vs biz saver?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Can anyone comment on what will happen to our two tickets in Z if the flight remains a 772? Will we be able to get a refund of miles between the cost of first saver vs biz saver?
Yes, should be able to.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:15 pm
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
FWIW: I had no problem getting my early-March 136 changed to 108. (O fare, w/SWU applied.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.