Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fruit For Delayed Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
5 hr delay at JFK this evening and there was nothing. All other flights including TATLs had nothing as well.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by danohio
5 hr delay at JFK this evening and there was nothing. All other flights including TATLs had nothing as well.
I passed through JFK tonight as well and saw nothing despite it being a mess. When my flight to DCA canceled I bailed and headed for Penn Station.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I passed through JFK tonight as well and saw nothing despite it being a mess. When my flight to DCA canceled I bailed and headed for Penn Station.
I heard Penn was such a mess that the closed it due to overcrowding because the LIRR shut down from the storms.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:35 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Sandwiches and hot pizza is a nice gesture; AA can probably deduct these for tax purposes.
Fruit can have a negative effect, particularly bananas: if you get one which is ready to eat TWO days later, they taste awful TODAY.
[Lots of buffets, particularly in LAS and Atlantic City pull this banana "trick".]
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
DCA-PIT was delayed 2 hours (weather). Didn't get any fruit or snacks at the gate.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
LAX T4. About a month ago. Honestly forgot where I was going.
2+ hours delay, saw carts of chips, fruits, and water.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by nrr
Sandwiches and hot pizza is a nice gesture; AA can probably deduct these for tax purposes.
Fruit can have a negative effect, particularly bananas: if you get one which is ready to eat TWO days later, they taste awful TODAY.
[Lots of buffets, particularly in LAS and Atlantic City pull this banana "trick".]
I like 'em green, with just a tinge of yellowish-green.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I forsee a new Airport Game for folks who have long layovers, check the board for delayed flights and go on a scavenger hunt
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by nrr

Originally Posted by lobo411
I like 'em green, with just a tinge of yellowish-green.
They all have appeal.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by roadtriper
I forsee a new Airport Game for folks who have long layovers, check the board for delayed flights and go on a scavenger hunt
I wonder if basic economy fares will include delay fruit.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by danohio
I wonder if basic economy fares will include delay fruit.
No, fruit will be included only with standard fares. Premium cabin passengers and EXPs on international itineraries will receive "fruit chits" for top-shelf fruits, including ripe bananas. They'll also have access to a special cordoned-off "Flagship Fruit" area with additional self-serve premium fruit selections.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Originally Posted by metallo
No, fruit will be included only with standard fares. Premium cabin passengers and EXPs on international itineraries will receive "fruit chits" for top-shelf fruits, including ripe bananas. They'll also have access to a special cordoned-off "Flagship Fruit" area with additional self-serve premium fruit selections.
Epic
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
They all have appeal.
Nice...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Had this offered on a PHX-JFK flight delayed for weather this week, and it was a pretty nice selection. They put out at least three different sandwich/wrap selections, at least five different varieties of chips, at least 3 different dessert choices (different types of cookies and muffins), at least two fruit choices, and a wide variety of beverages on ice, including sodas, juices, and water. I say "at least" on all of those because many passengers had already made selections before I arrived from the Admirals Club, so there may have been things that were gone already when I arrived at the gate. Everything was individually packaged, so it was easy to take items onboard to eat during the flight, as we started re-boarding not too long after the refreshments arrived. Our delay was solely due to weather, so it was especially nice to have offered!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
Had this offered on a PHX-JFK flight delayed for weather this week, and it was a pretty nice selection. They put out at least three different sandwich/wrap selections, at least five different varieties of chips, at least 3 different dessert choices (different types of cookies and muffins), at least two fruit choices, and a wide variety of beverages on ice, including sodas, juices, and water...
That sounds pretty darn good all things considered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.