Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fruit For Delayed Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
I saw the snack stand in front of C9 at CLT this evening. However the flight was completely on time and without issues, so I'm not sure what it was doing there.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by danohio
I saw the snack stand in front of C9 at CLT this evening. However the flight was completely on time and without issues, so I'm not sure what it was doing there.
Maybe leftovers from a previous delayed flight.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
It seems as though AA might doing this in the case of weather delays. If so that is a very nice touch because typically food vouchers are not given out for weather delays.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Maybe leftovers from a previous delayed flight.
Yes, I have seen leftover water and soft drinks at a gate in MIA. I guess it is easier to let other people take the last beverage items, rather than to send someone to put them back in storage.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Casey Neistat briefly features the sandwiches and drinks in his
at 8:27 while travelling on another severely-delayed American Airlines flight. The sandwiches actually look halfway substantial (albeit they're shown at a very brief glimpse).

How does he get away with filming so much on airplanes?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Funny how AA is "experimenting" with this concept while other US airlines have figured out this works....are delayed pax at AA different from DL?
The experiment phase is over and AA will be rolling out the "gateside amenities" program systemwide.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
The experiment phase is over and AA will be rolling out the "gateside amenities" program systemwide.
Nice! ^
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Yup, we bring out sandwiches, chips, and fruit for some delayed flights as well at Eagle here in MIA. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it!! ^^^^

-LPDAL
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Yup, we bring out sandwiches, chips, and fruit for some delayed flights as well at Eagle here in MIA. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it!! ^^^^

-LPDAL
Good to hear, and I'm sure I'll appreciate the gesture when faced with a long delay in the future. But I would rather AA really focus on making sure the sandwiches, chips and fruit not be necessary at all
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Good to hear, and I'm sure I'll appreciate the gesture when faced with a long delay in the future. But I would rather AA really focus on making sure the sandwiches, chips and fruit not be necessary at all
If they are doing it in the case of weather delays that is a real kudos to AA. For weather they owe you nothing. A/C do have maintenance issues from time to time, its part of the "experience." Luckily most of the time I can wait it out in the AC. I wonder if AA will do this at smaller stations, not just hubs on airports with lots of flights? Any experience other than hubs?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
With all these delays, the owner of the sandwich vending company is set to surpass Carlos Slim and Bill Gates as the wealthiest man in the world.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Luckily most of the time I can wait it out in the AC. I wonder if AA will do this at smaller stations, not just hubs on airports with lots of flights? Any experience other than hubs?
I'm eagerly awaiting the AC's version of this program. Maybe they'll put out steaks or something.

To answer your question with an anecdote, my recent non-hub MX delay of 3h24m did not offer anything.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:00 am

They put out sandwiches, drinks and snacks out for passengers on a delayed PHX - ORD flight I was on the other week. Weather was causing delays on all flights from west into ORD. Never before have snacks been greeted with such dismay, as our departure kept being postponed by a half hour. Everyone realised that meant they were expecting we'd sit there another hour. We ended up departing just over 5 hours late. The sandwiches were pretty decent. No such joy at ORD, where we missed our international connection and consequently had a further 11 hour wait for the reroute.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Are these snacks passed out even for weather-caused delays?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Are these snacks passed out even for weather-caused delays?
Pretty sure ours was weather. This was in the way of our flight http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...p-Midwest.html . Then we had to wait for new crew.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Tonight looks like a refugee camp at CLT. I assume all the people bedding down here were caught in weather misconnects. However, there are employees walking around with bags of trail mix (outside Security).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.