Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ACA321
I've had the Monkfish- it was actually really good. I've got the same menu on upcoming FRA-CLT and I've preordered the strip steak. My travel mate ordered the truffle ravioli. Curious to see how these other items stack up.
Had the pork chop out of CDG. It's actually pork loin. And the entire dish was disgusting. Have opted for the sirloin for tomorrow's flight. Let's see how that turns out.
ACA321 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UIO-MIA

Choices on UIO-MIA:
  • Herb and cheese omelette - offered with cream cheese and chives
  • Ham and cheese arepas - served with a tomato, onion and pepper mix

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Hkg - dfw lunch options

Has anyone tried the fried chicken?

AA126 HKG - DFW 1/28/18
Mushroom Wellington
Mushroom Wellington, mushroom cream sauce, yellow squash, asparagus, roasted tomatoes
Black Angus Beef Filet
Black Angus Beef Filet, red wine demi-glace, cheddar-chive mashed potato, Romanesco broccoli
Sautéed Sea Bass
Sautéed Sea Bass, ginger soy sauce, steamed jasmine and Thai brown rice, bok choy
Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken, chili sauce, black sesame steamed rice, mixed vegetables
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Dinner (JFK to ZRH) - mid Feb.
  • Braised Short Ribs brown basmati rice, kimchi pickled red cabbage, bulgogi sauce
  • Herb-crusted Snapper cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions
  • Buffalo Skillet Chicken jalapeño cheddar corn cakes, Gorgonzola, golden beet and carrot slaw
  • Bulgur and Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom roasted golden beets, crumbled fontina, arrabbiata sauce
The last two appear to be new?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: WP

Originally Posted by justforfun
Had the pork chop out of CDG. It's actually pork loin. And the entire dish was disgusting. Have opted for the sirloin for tomorrow's flight. Let's see how that turns out.
Had the Angus a few days ago, a tad dry for me, but edible.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LHR-LAX - AA109 F this past Sunday, January 14, 2018

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 18, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by ACA321
I've had the Monkfish- it was actually really good. I've got the same menu on upcoming FRA-CLT and I've preordered the strip steak. My travel mate ordered the truffle ravioli. Curious to see how these other items stack up.
My husband and I had this meal on our LHR-DFW flight this past weekend - the beef was inedible (per him) and the ravioli was....acceptable. Presentation was awful, but it tasted fine.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; AA EXP / 2MM Lifetime Platnum; Hyatt Diamond
Aa 6096 lax - yvr

AA 6096 LAX - YVR
January 2018
J Class
Dinner

Vegetable wrap - very tasty and I liked it very much
While LAX had the listeria hysteria so I had low expectations, this meal was very very good. It exceeded my expectations from the crappy old turkey sandwich I had back in September.

Dessert - Lemon Cake

Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyldavid
Has anyone tried the fried chicken?
Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken, chili sauce, black sesame steamed rice, mixed vegetables
I've just had this on my flight, figuring why not take a risk. It was actually pretty tasty and was decently crispy on the outside. Call me a fan.
flyldavid likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by island82
Had the Angus a few days ago, a tad dry for me, but edible.
Agreed. Not the best steak I've had on a plane, but not the worst either. Ordered it again for next week's flight.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by nanaflyer
AA 6096 LAX - YVR
January 2018
J Class
Dinner

Vegetable wrap - very tasty and I liked it very much
While LAX had the listeria hysteria so I had low expectations, this meal was very very good. It exceeded my expectations from the crappy old turkey sandwich I had back in September.

Dessert - Lemon Cake

Yum, tortilla, rice and a side of noodles. Seems a little carb heavy to me.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
LHR-LAX - AA109 F this past Sunday, January 14, 2018

Can we assume the food and service was OK?

I think I would have gone for the Monkfish Curry since you were coming out of the UK.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Can we assume the food and service was OK?
I think I would have gone for the Monkfish Curry since you were coming out of the UK.
Lobster starter was excellent, soup and salad were good, BBQ short rib was a cheap cut of mostly fat.
On the other hand, dessert and hot dog were great.
The LPGS was wonderful.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:50 am

Has anyone encountered peanuts in the mixed nuts served during meal service? I have an allergy (relatively mild, thank god) and LAX-NRT had peanuts last week. I had a small bite before I noticed, and yes, it's on me for consuming it, but I've had the mixed nuts dozens of times and never have I seen peanuts nor did the flight attendants let anyone know. In fact, I was the first to make them aware of it and they were very surprised to see them.

Doesn't American realize this is a liability especially to make a change to INCLUDE peanuts when most airlines are taking them away from any part of catering? I reached out to customer relations and they said they would make sure to inform flight attendants if they were to serve it again, and gave me 10,000 miles for the inconvenience and discomfort I felt. Wonder if this has anything to do with the LAX catering fiasco from last year.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ckd38
Has anyone encountered peanuts in the mixed nuts served during meal service? I have an allergy (relatively mild, thank god) and LAX-NRT had peanuts last week. I had a small bite before I noticed, and yes, it's on me for consuming it, but I've had the mixed nuts dozens of times and never have I seen peanuts nor did the flight attendants let anyone know. In fact, I was the first to make them aware of it and they were very surprised to see them.

Doesn't American realize this is a liability especially to make a change to INCLUDE peanuts when most airlines are taking them away from any part of catering? I reached out to customer relations and they said they would make sure to inform flight attendants if they were to serve it again, and gave me 10,000 miles for the inconvenience and discomfort I felt. Wonder if this has anything to do with the LAX catering fiasco from last year.

Just an FYI, it is up to the passenger to watch out for themselves, All the blame cannot be put on the airline. IF you are allergic to Nuts, Gluten or Dairy then you have to take it upon yourself to inform the flight crew. With all these new allergies that people have, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the airlines to be able to up with them all.
jrm68 and Marschel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.