Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I'm 29 days out from my LAX-SYD flight and the meal options were loaded this morning. 4 main options and then umpteen dietary specific options. About the only option not shown was the cannibalism diet option!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by gordon0808
LHR-MIA in early April. Has anybody tried any of these options?

Seriously? Were these "combinations" blindly selected out of a hat?
Wembleygal and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT
Early April Miami -> Madrid this seems like a recipe for failure.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AA PLT
Mid-April Madrid -> Miami
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by jrpaz

Substitute "duck" for "chicken" and this is the menu for my upcoming RDU-LHR flight. Not really too excited about any of these selection. I'm leaning towards the cannelloni. Thoughts?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by socalduck
Substitute "duck" for "chicken" and this is the menu for my upcoming RDU-LHR flight. Not really too excited about any of these selection. I'm leaning towards the cannelloni. Thoughts?
There's a decent review or two of the chicken upthread. I've chosen the duck variant for my CLT-LHR flight next month--looks like it switches from chicken to duck on 4/1. Though maybe based on your user name it would've been better had they made the switch in time for your flight!
socalduck likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by socalduck
My RDU-LHR flight lists duck, and so is exactly the same as the MIA-MAD one. I was leaning towards the canneloni, too, but always wonder about seafood on a flight.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GWFan
My RDU-LHR flight lists duck, and so is exactly the same as the MIA-MAD one. I was leaning towards the canneloni, too, but always wonder about seafood on a flight.
I've got a DFW-FRA flight in April that is listing the same choices, less the duck (so only three pre-order options, plus the special meals).

Is that an error, or does FRA not get 4 choices? I'd probably prefer the duck out of the options, but don't know if it would be offered day-of.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by captaink
I've got a DFW-FRA flight in April that is listing the same choices, less the duck (so only three pre-order options, plus the special meals).

Is that an error, or does FRA not get 4 choices? I'd probably prefer the duck out of the options, but don't know if it would be offered day-of.
I had the same issue with my CLT-LHR on 4/4 (posted in the entree preorder thread but didn't get a response). The website initially only offered three choices but the duck showed up a bit later. When's your flight? If it's later in April, maybe give it a few days for the menu to sync up properly?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
I had the same issue with my CLT-LHR on 4/4 (posted in the entree preorder thread but didn't get a response). The website initially only offered three choices but the duck showed up a bit later. When's your flight? If it's later in April, maybe give it a few days for the menu to sync up properly?
Just went back in to check, and it's showing the duck now.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
has anyone had the changerelle-stuff guinea hen?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by jrpaz
I've the "roasted cauliflower orecchiette" when it was on the menu in the past and it was surprisingly decent. (though this is from a vegetarian's point of view)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
For everyone who is excited about AA's delicious new duck offering: I tried it last year and ... never again. Not in a million years.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
For everyone who is excited about AA's delicious new duck offering: I tried it last year and ... never again. Not in a million years.
Any specific reasons why you didn't like it? (Preferably without the hyperbole so rampant in this thread)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:43 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Originally Posted by captaink
Any specific reasons why you didn't like it? (Preferably without the hyperbole so rampant in this thread)
Tough, rubbery, greasy. It was actually the first time I had ever had duck. Perhaps I am guilty of expecting too much of "tastes like chicken". It ain't chicken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.