Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Wonder why AA hired Chauhan to plan menus for them. Clearly she has no talent. I was hoping she would at least capitalize on her core competencies by coming up with flavorful and interesting Indian entrees, but no, she has to be "international" and fail miserably.
cant be as bad as Michelle “lean cuisine” Bernstein who Delta continues to keep on LatAm routes despite her horrid meals.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by swingaling
I've got the same options on my upcoming CDG-ORD flight in a couple weeks. I'll probably go with the short ribs. Hopefully the lounge at CDG will have some good food options. Though I realize CRH has pretty slim lounge options for OW flyers.
Same options for LHR-ORD in a couple of days.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:12 am

Just find out, most people share in this are ether business class or first class, rarely see anyone under that class, also those class get reply faster, hummmmm, am I wrong or this thread for those class only, I saw Premium Economy can choose meal too , but didn’t see those at all
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flew LAX-LHR in economy yesterday. Choices for dinner were 2 types of pasta, 1 with chicken and 1 without. It was edible but certainly didn't go much beyond that and I was glad that I had had a big lunch earlier in the day. I liked the brownie bar that was included for dessert. Most disappointing was that they didn't cater either of the 2 beers that AA usually has and I consider to be good, the Voodoo Ranger IPA and Sam Adams, so had to settle for Dos Equis. Breakfast was served without a choice, and was handed a breakfast box containing a cup of yogurt, a muffin top, and a bag of dried fruit. I ate the yogurt and dried fruit mostly out of boredom and got a real lunch once I found a lounge.

Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Flew LAX-LHR in economy yesterday. Choices for dinner were 2 types of pasta, 1 with chicken and 1 without. It was edible but certainly didn't go much beyond that and I was glad that I had had a big lunch earlier in the day. I liked the brownie bar that was included for dessert. Most disappointing was that they didn't cater either of the 2 beers that AA usually has and I consider to be good, the Voodoo Ranger IPA and Sam Adams, so had to settle for Dos Equis. Breakfast was served without a choice, and was handed a breakfast box containing a cup of yogurt, a muffin top, and a bag of dried fruit. I ate the yogurt and dried fruit mostly out of boredom and got a real lunch once I found a lounge.

Take the contents of that plastic tray and put in a real plate and viola you have much better food than anything AA serves in domestic F.
SFO777, krazykanuck and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Same menu

I am leaning towards the enchiladas but would love to hear folks' experiences with any of these entrees, pics would be awesome!
I have this same menu tomorrow night JFK-LHR. I saw a photo of the Santa Fe Enchiladas and it wasn't appetizing at all. I also had salmon on an LAX-JFK route recently and it was overly fishy-smelling and tasting (more so than salmon should be).

So...CHICKEN or FILET?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Interesting! Do you have a link to the picture of the enchiladas? I am seriously considering going the Kosher route, since I've heard very mixed reports about the Hindu/AVML offerings.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Interesting! Do you have a link to the picture of the enchiladas? I am seriously considering going the Kosher route, since I've heard very mixed reports about the Hindu/AVML offerings.
Hi Jean-Baptiste:
Click Here for the original post.

p.s. I decided to go with the chicken. Not sure when your flight is, but I can report back after my flight, if you want.

Last edited by spycygrl; Apr 27, 2018 at 1:53 pm Reason: Added my choice
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:54 pm

On the way back LHR-JFK, my lunch choices are:

Any recos???
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by spycygrl
Hi Jean-Baptiste:

p.s. I decided to go with the chicken. Not sure when your flight is, but I can report back after my flight, if you want.
Good grief that looks terrible. I guess I have to go with the chicken too, because I don't like "pink" beef and the salmon was described by others as tasteless and dry.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:54 am
SCS

Good grief that looks terrible. I guess I have to go with the chicken too, because I don't like "pink" beef and the salmon was described by others as tasteless and dry.
FWIW, although I agree about that photo, my mom had the enchiladas recently and reported that they were good.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Wz111
Just find out, most people share in this are ether business class or first class, rarely see anyone under that class, also those class get reply faster, hummmmm, am I wrong or this thread for those class only, I saw Premium Economy can choose meal too , but didn’t see those at all
I typically post business/first meals more frequently than int'l economy meals because they are more detailed and I can order in advance. When flying economy, I rarely know what to get beforehand (no chance to select in advance and the choice is usually "chicken or pasta") so I don't really ask questions about the meals. Premium Economy is still so new on AA that I don't think many people post about the meals. I'm sure that will change with time.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Slow-Cooked Beef Slow-Cooked Beef selected for Dustin Thorne for FCO to CLT
red wine sauce, spätzle noodles, sautéed Romanesco

Any one tried the Beef? Is it more of a roast beef or filet?

Thanks
Dusty
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
LHR-ORD yesterday (AA91)
FlightNurse likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by spycygrl
Hi Jean-Baptiste:

How was the chicken???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.