Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2016 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

"Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espaol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:59 pm

I've been having this issue for a few days and I don't have any upgrades. Maybe it is for recent reservations? Frustrating not being able to login and select a better seat for a flight on 2016.07.18
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:11 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the same issues on mobile.aa.com and www.aa.com, but I am able to see the booking on the iOS Mobile App where I can make seat changes and monitor the booking. Unfortunately one can't do meal selections on the App.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by kingdomchris
I'm having the same problem now with 3 of my upcoming reservations, all giving the "Our System Is Having Trouble" error.

When I call Reservations, they want me to talk to Web Services. When I talk to Web Services they want me to talk to Reservations. Round and round we go. They tell me everything "should be fine" (not reassuring), but being unable to view or manage these bookings means I also cannot do things like seat changes, meal selections, enter advance passenger info or check in online. Nobody at AA seems to be able to explain why.

The one thing these 3 reservations all have in common is that they all have confirmed mileage upgrades on the outbound flights, and waitlisted upgrades for the returns. All are international. One of them for travel this week was viewable up until the outbound upgrade cleared, the agent finished up working on the booking, assigning new seats, collecting payment etc. As soon as she was done, I went in and made meal selections. Minutes afterwards, the reservation was no longer available and gave me the error. Also, not sure if this is related to the same error, but we didn't get the e-ticket confirmation email either.
I had an eVIP clear yesterday for the outbound of an (all AA) itinerary for later this year. I saw that the business leg got added (though it showed up below the return) so called to have it processed the remainder of the way and reticketed. Once done, I got the same 'trouble' error, even though the ticket reissue e-mail came last night. Called reservations today and same thing as you occurred: "everything looks fine".

Seems we have a possible pattern!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by HNL
I have the same issues on mobile.aa.com and www.aa.com, but I am able to see the booking on the iOS Mobile App where I can make seat changes and monitor the booking. Unfortunately one can't do meal selections on the App.
I can also now see my reservation on the iOS Mobile App. The first time I tried to access my reservation on aa.com this morning, I got the aa.com is having technical problems error, but it has now reverted to the Our system is having trouble error.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by seattleBH
I had the same problem last week in OSL. Could not view the record on aa.com, but I had no problem checking in online at BA.com
Same for me to today I am glad to say: I could check in online at BA.com for my AA codeshare from DUB (I selected just the BA flight for check in).
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
No one at aa can help

Originally Posted by ty97
I had an eVIP clear yesterday for the outbound of an (all AA) itinerary for later this year. I saw that the business leg got added (though it showed up below the return) so called to have it processed the remainder of the way and reticketed. Once done, I got the same 'trouble' error, even though the ticket reissue e-mail came last night. Called reservations today and same thing as you occurred: "everything looks fine".

Seems we have a possible pattern!
I got the following email from customer service this morning

Hello jay_dubya,

First, on behalf of all of us here at AAdvantage Customer Service,
thank you for being one of our valued AAdvantage Executive Platinum
members.

We?re sorry, but this isn?t something our department handles.

When you?re able, please contact our colleagues in AAdvantage Executive
Platinum reservations:
* From the U.S. or Canada, call
* If you?re outside the U.S. or Canada, visit aa.com/phones to find the
number for the reservations office nearest you.
* If you're unable to call, you can also send us a Tweet @AmericanAir
and our social media team may be able to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

Amanda L.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines

P.S. Did you know that we have a way for you to Buy, Gift, or Share
miles for yourself or friends and family? Visit aa.com/buymiles for more
information.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

E-mail received from:
Name, aadvantage number, @gmail.com, (Primary
Phone),5
Date Generated: 07/11/16 13:15
Regarding:
---Message Comments---
(1.1.1.9) .
I'm booked in November to go to HKG. Record locator ABCDEF. I've been
unable to access my reservation since July 8th. I've called the EXP desk
and the Web Support desk and no one has been able to help me. The web
support desk has told me twice that it would be fixed within an hour.
It's very frustrating to be unable to check on my reservation, as I'm
waiting for systemwide upgrades to clear. Can you help get this
resolved?
I like ms. Amanda L's advice to call the exp desk, as I'm sure they'll be able to help now that she has suggested calling them.

Last edited by jay_dubya; Jul 13, 2016 at 9:11 am
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Since yesterday, I have not been able to view any of my reservations online (they're all for flights before Aug 1). I keep getting an error message that says "Our System Is Having Trouble." I can still see them in the app just fine. But the app doesn't let me do things like SDFC.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I have one reservation that redirects to https://www.aa.com/systemError.do
It's been doing that since Friday. Twitter team says it's because I'm waitlisted for swu upgrades. I called Web support and they said they'd fix it, but nothing yet. Anyone have similar experience, ideas?
Interestingly, it was reticketed yesterday bc of a schedule change. While the ticket was pending, I was able to view it, but once it ticketed, it went back to giving me the system error page.
Ah...this might be my problem as well. I keep getting an error when trying to view my reservations, and I believe all of them are waitlisted for SWUs. I noticed the problem starting yesterday.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Ah...this might be my problem as well. I keep getting an error when trying to view my reservations, and I believe all of them are waitlisted for SWUs. I noticed the problem starting yesterday.
More on this topic

Seems to be a problem when one upgrade clears and other segments are waitlisted. AA has been no help.

Last edited by jay_dubya; Jul 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm Reason: Didn't type the link properly
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I got the following email from customer service this morning

I like ms. Amanda L's advice to call the exp desk, as I'm sure they'll be able to help now that she has suggested calling them.
Every call I've made to Web Services in the past few days about this issue has always been answered by an agent with a somewhat condescending attitude, that talks over me instead of listening, and insists that I should be speaking to Reservations, even though this is a website issue. When I tell them that Reservations have already told me to speak to Web Services, they tell me just to "try again within an hour" or check-in at an airport kiosk. One agent told me that the error was because my flight was now under airport control, for a departure more than a month away. Completely unhelpful. I would think with a problem of this significance they would want to escalate this and find a solution.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
While looking for a 1 way domestic flight, only refundable fares are showing up. It says lowest fare is $108 but only refundable 'Select' flights of $200+ are actually available for selection. The first class flights are actually cheaper! Other dates the same. It does this whether I'm logged in as platinum or not logged in on a different browser. How do I actually find the lowest fares?

[edit: I'm able to find the cheaper fares thru Google Flights and it goes all the way to the payment page, so I know the fares are available, just doesn't show up when I look on aa.com]

2nd edit: problem seems to have been fixed on its own, low fares are now showing up...

Last edited by Matthew330Ci; Jul 13, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by kingdomchris
Every call I've made to Web Services in the past few days about this issue has always been answered by an agent with a somewhat condescending attitude, that talks over me instead of listening, and insists that I should be speaking to Reservations, even though this is a website issue. When I tell them that Reservations have already told me to speak to Web Services, they tell me just to "try again within an hour" or check-in at an airport kiosk. One agent told me that the error was because my flight was now under airport control, for a departure more than a month away. Completely unhelpful. I would think with a problem of this significance they would want to escalate this and find a solution.
This is a typical Web Services experience not limited to the past few days. It's been like this for a while.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Having the same issues as well. Cant see 2 out of 8 upcoming itins. Currently on hold with web support ( that I finally called after it not working for 2 weeks, and assurances by Explat desk that all looked good) and reservations, they are going back and forth on why. Both seem to agree that waitlisting/schedule changes/reissues due to upgrades clearing on some segments but not all are the culprit. Explat desk is no calling their helpdesk (not web support) to see if they can get it figured out.

Like most on here, I monitor upcoming reservations often for schedule changes and upgrades clearing. Irritated that this has become so hard.

Will report back if they are able to get it fixed.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:55 pm

Wow! Just got told that AA blocks access to online reservations when a segment is waitlisted. This is for our own good so that we "don't accidentally" make changes and lose our place on the waitlist Even though I appreciate the safeguard against my own stupidity (thanks AA) I asked if this is a new "enhancement" as this has never been the case in the past, and in fact, it is relatively new feature that I could see a flight that was waitlisted! No response.

I then told him one of the reservations that I can not view has no waitlisted segments, and I can't see it. Stumped him. Now on hold again

I have to say everyone I talked with has been really nice, but WOW! please don't make up answers....
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:25 pm

New AA policy? Can no longer view reservations online with waitlisted segments?

Have 7 upcoming trips. Can not view 2 online. One has a waitlisted for upgrade segment. One doesn't. Was told by reservations desk (EXP) that we can now no longer view reservations with waitlisted segments so that we don't "accidentally" make changes to it and lose our upgrade. I assume she made this up?

When I brought up the other one that I can't view with no waitlisted segments, desk was stumped. Been dealing with reservations and web support for an hour now.

Ugh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.