Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2016 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

"Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espaol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated - archived)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:48 pm

Is their a fix for this?

I have a reservation for our family of four which includes wife and two sons. When I log in and go to my trips and then try to open the trip---it says "we are unable to display this reservation --it will be removed from your list of reservations".

Then, if I search by using the find a reservation button using record locator and my first and last name it says "We have found more than one passenger with the name you have entered. We are unable to identify your record. Please contact AA Reservations to add your AAdvantage number to your reservation" as my oldest son has same first name -but both our FF numbers were in record locator.

My work around has been to simply either login as wife or other son or search using their name and record locator and then the PNR comes up and of course I can see all four of us with our four unique FF numbers in the record. Not sure what else I am supposed to do to be able to see the record when I login?

ETA---Must be thinking about family not sure why I used their instead of there in title

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by ShortDog
Here's what it shows on the website:
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
You'll notice that the AA table for flights thru Jul has a little footnote for W, saying that if it's W because you're in PE on a BA-operated flight, the rates for BA's W apply. The post-July table does not have that footnote; perhaps that was an oversight, and since they haven't published the partner tables yet, their implementation may be lacking.

I'd say wait til the partner tables come out, see whether they've copied the footnote, and whether your numbers change. If things don't jibe at that point, give them a call.
Either way, the AA chart shows (as this is AA codeshare) 1.5 EQMs per mile flown on both pre-8/1 and post-8/1 earning charts for W, asterisk or no asterisk. The BA chart shows 1.5 EQMs per mile flown for W on its flights.

However you look at it, W as PE should earn 1.5 EQMs.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by chfenton
I have a reservation for our family of four which includes wife and two sons. When I log in and go to my trips and then try to open the trip---it says "we are unable to display this reservation --it will be removed from your list of reservations".

Then, if I search by using the find a reservation button using record locator and my first and last name it says "We have found more than one passenger with the name you have entered. We are unable to identify your record. Please contact AA Reservations to add your AAdvantage number to your reservation" as my oldest son has same first name -but both our FF numbers were in record locator.

My work around has been to simply either login as wife or other son or search using their name and record locator and then the PNR comes up and of course I can see all four of us with our four unique FF numbers in the record. Not sure what else I am supposed to do to be able to see the record when I login?

ETA---Must be thinking about family not sure why I used their instead of there in title

Thanks
Do any two members of your family have the same first/last name? I have this problem frequently (and it also prevents me from OLCI) because my son and I have the same first/last names. It's driving me nuts on the current reservation I have, as I'm unable to easily get to pull it up (I'm monitoring for A/C change from 777 to 77D).
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by akcae
Either way, the AA chart shows (as this is AA codeshare) 1.5 EQMs per mile flown on both pre-8/1 and post-8/1 earning charts for W, asterisk or no asterisk. The BA chart shows 1.5 EQMs per mile flown for W on its flights.

However you look at it, W as PE should earn 1.5 EQMs.
Both tables list W in both places, and the software obviously picked the wrong one in this case. No argument there.

My thought is that, when they publish the new partner award tables (which should of course leave EQM at 1.5x in this case) the table and implementation changes that go with it may fix the missing * and more importantly correct this implementation error. We can hope.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:11 pm

In the last week whenever I search for award availability on AA.com after I click search its brings me to the "search for flights" page but the page doesn't load, or if it does, it takes several minutes for the boxes with the dates flights are available to show up. I have no problem searching for purchased flights and getting the results but for some reason the award search is having these issues. I'm using a Mac with Safari. Coincidentally I'm having the same issue,on my iPad. Anyone else having website issues searching for award availability on AA.com? Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Can't view reservation

I have one reservation that redirects to https://www.aa.com/systemError.do
It's been doing that since Friday. Twitter team says it's because I'm waitlisted for swu upgrades. I called Web support and they said they'd fix it, but nothing yet. Anyone have similar experience, ideas?
Interestingly, it was reticketed yesterday bc of a schedule change. While the ticket was pending, I was able to view it, but once it ticketed, it went back to giving me the system error page.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:23 am

Is anyone else experiencing issues with no seat selection and the disappearance of the 24-hour hold?

Update: Seems fixed now.

Last edited by ShortDog; Jul 12, 2016 at 1:36 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:22 am

This morning, when trying to do seat selection on the android app, was kicking over to opening the browser with the mobile website. Subsequent attempts to re open the app would just open the browser instead, requiring a forced stop of the app.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by owflyer
"Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."

Can't check in via app or online, anyone else?
I am having the same problem for a flight departing on Thursday on BA from DUB connecting to AA. I have had similar conversations with AA to jay_dubya [aa.com website bugs thread]
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
It's been doing that since Friday. Twitter team says it's because I'm waitlisted for swu upgrades. I called Web support and they said they'd fix it, but nothing yet. Anyone have similar experience, ideas?
Interestingly, it was reticketed yesterday bc of a schedule change. While the ticket was pending, I was able to view it, but once it ticketed, it went back to giving me the system error page.
aa.com technical support and the EXP desk between them could not fix it. They also said that it might be because I am still waitlisted for a swu upgrade.

Has anyone had any problem checking in at the desk in this situation? I can access the BA locator for my first flight on ba.com, so I am hoping there will be no problem checking in at the airport with BA.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Same Experience

Originally Posted by nbevan
I am having the same problem for a flight departing on Thursday on BA from DUB connecting to AA. I have had similar conversations with AA to jay_dubya [aa.com website bugs thread]

aa.com technical support and the EXP desk between them could not fix it. They also said that it might be because I am still waitlisted for a swu upgrade.

Has anyone had any problem checking in at the desk in this situation? I can access the BA locator for my first flight on ba.com, so I am hoping there will be no problem checking in at the airport with BA.
I had the same problem last week in OSL. Could not view the record on aa.com, but I had no problem checking in online at BA.com

I have another trip coming up with a partner (Fiji Air) and I can't view that one either. I'd say this problem started on about Wednesday of last week.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:11 pm
E4C

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Same problem here for the last 5-6 days. Just called the platinum help desk and they told me that it's because my reservations are on a government fare - this has NEVER been a problem before. I've always been able to view/modify reservations on government fares before, but they changed something and it no longer works.

Thanks for nothing, AA.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by E4C
Same problem here for the last 5-6 days. Just called the platinum help desk and they told me that it's because my reservations are on a government fare - this has NEVER been a problem before. I've always been able to view/modify reservations on government fares before, but they changed something and it no longer works.

Thanks for nothing, AA.
Well, I have the same issue and my fare is not a government fare. SWU cleared on one leg, waitlisted for the other. There was a minor AA schedule change though, which shows on the mobile app. The full itin shows on the BA app as well (couple BA segments in the itin), updated schedule and all. No re-ticketing that I can see. Not sure if the desktop site failure has to do with the schedule change or something else. Will give it a few more days before I call.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:19 pm

Same system error here on 3 of my reservations

I'm having the same problem now with 3 of my upcoming reservations, all giving the "Our System Is Having Trouble" error.

When I call Reservations, they want me to talk to Web Services. When I talk to Web Services they want me to talk to Reservations. Round and round we go. They tell me everything "should be fine" (not reassuring), but being unable to view or manage these bookings means I also cannot do things like seat changes, meal selections, enter advance passenger info or check in online. Nobody at AA seems to be able to explain why.

The one thing these 3 reservations all have in common is that they all have confirmed mileage upgrades on the outbound flights, and waitlisted upgrades for the returns. All are international. One of them for travel this week was viewable up until the outbound upgrade cleared, the agent finished up working on the booking, assigning new seats, collecting payment etc. As soon as she was done, I went in and made meal selections. Minutes afterwards, the reservation was no longer available and gave me the error. Also, not sure if this is related to the same error, but we didn't get the e-ticket confirmation email either.

This is not the same error that you see when an upgrade clears. Those errors usually say something along the lines of "We are unable to display your reservation details" and you are able to see part of your booking. Instead this "system having trouble error" doesn't show you any information at all about your booking. I also double checked with reservations just to make sure there were no upgrades attempting to clear, but apparently that's not it.

Unfortunately this also means I have no way to monitor the reservations to see if the upgrades clear on the return flights without calling in and asking an agent to check it.

I've also passed along all these details to the AA Twitter team and asked them if they can have someone take a look. I feel this issue may be more widespread than they are aware.

My theory is that the error is being caused by having both a confirmed upgrade and a waitlisted upgrade on the same reservation. It never used to cause a problem before, but perhaps some change in the way the system is programmed has now created this bug.

It's frustrating not to be able to get this information into the hands of the technically minded systems people at AA that could perhaps understand and fix this.

If anyone has any more information, please share, thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:34 pm

I just posted a more detailed response on a separate thread. The same error is now happening on 3 of my upcoming international reservations. One thing in common with all 3 is that they have confirmed upgrades on the outbound and waitlisted upgrades on the return. Based upon what others are saying, that could perhaps be the culprit, although it's never been an issue in the past. First noticed the error last Friday.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by kingdomchris
I'm having the same problem now with 3 of my upcoming reservations, all giving the "Our System Is Having Trouble" error.

When I call Reservations, they want me to talk to Web Services. When I talk to Web Services they want me to talk to Reservations. Round and round we go. They tell me everything "should be fine" (not reassuring), but being unable to view or manage these bookings means I also cannot do things like seat changes, meal selections, enter advance passenger info or check in online. Nobody at AA seems to be able to explain why.

The one thing these 3 reservations all have in common is that they all have confirmed mileage upgrades on the outbound flights, and waitlisted upgrades for the returns. All are international. One of them for travel this week was viewable up until the outbound upgrade cleared, the agent finished up working on the booking, assigning new seats, collecting payment etc. As soon as she was done, I went in and made meal selections. Minutes afterwards, the reservation was no longer available and gave me the error. Also, not sure if this is related to the same error, but we didn't get the e-ticket confirmation email either.

This is not the same error that you see when an upgrade clears. Those errors usually say something along the lines of "We are unable to display your reservation details" and you are able to see part of your booking. Instead this "system having trouble error" doesn't show you any information at all about your booking. I also double checked with reservations just to make sure there were no upgrades attempting to clear, but apparently that's not it.

Unfortunately this also means I have no way to monitor the reservations to see if the upgrades clear on the return flights without calling in and asking an agent to check it.

I've also passed along all these details to the AA Twitter team and asked them if they can have someone take a look. I feel this issue may be more widespread than they are aware.

My theory is that the error is being caused by having both a confirmed upgrade and a waitlisted upgrade on the same reservation. It never used to cause a problem before, but perhaps some change in the way the system is programmed has now created this bug.

It's frustrating not to be able to get this information into the hands of the technically minded systems people at AA that could perhaps understand and fix this.

If anyone has any more information, please share, thanks.
Exactly. This is quite frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.