Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things you miss about US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by elliottishere
I hate AA's multi-city tool. I much preferred US' where you chose each segment individually instead of how AA lumps it all together.
Haven't used aa.com recently but you used to be able to search by schedule and select the individual flights yourself as opposed to searching by price where the flights were pre-selected... Is this no longer the case?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Haven't used aa.com recently but you used to be able to search by schedule and select the individual flights yourself as opposed to searching by price where the flights were pre-selected... Is this no longer the case?
This works but you do not know the cost of the trip until after you selected your flights. It can be time consuming to figure which itinerary works best for your schedule and for your employer's travel expense policy.

Having seen the google flight way, I think that is the best way to get around it.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I miss not having to deal with US CS in CLT and PHL and not having to fly on US metal.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I miss the US website also. Not only was the low fare finder very helpful and easy to use, the overall booking process (finding flights, options, etc) was so much more straight forward.

The biggest issue that I have not heard others say much about, is the accounting system for the miles online. It is difficult to figure out your elite qualifying miles for each trip. I have no idea how to find out what points I received for what trips. It was very easy on the US site to see EQM vs other kinds.

I agree with others about upgrades. As EXP I am not getting upgrades ahead of time and then have to hope at the gate. Due to this, it is too late to preorder meals, one of my favorite new features. With US I was getting upgrades at the window typically, and if not, still always more than 24 hours ahead.

Oh, and I miss being able to find the location of a club in the airport right off the US app. While the AA app looks cool, it just doesn't have as much function as it could.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
The biggest issue that I have not heard others say much about, is the accounting system for the miles online. It is difficult to figure out your elite qualifying miles for each trip. I have no idea how to find out what points I received for what trips. It was very easy on the US site to see EQM vs other kinds.
Agreed. The lack of transparency is definitely effecting my decision around whether to mile run for status since the program can't be held accountable. The idea that I need to create and maintain my own tracker spreadsheet is ridiculous.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Segments
Agreed. The lack of transparency is definitely effecting my decision around whether to mile run for status since the program can't be held accountable. The idea that I need to create and maintain my own tracker spreadsheet is ridiculous.
It's certainly annoying to do, but on the (very rare) occasion where RDM/EQM have not posted, a simple request to AA has resulted in both posting accurately for me. I have never lost an EQM due to the lack of transparency, and do not fear that I will (as long as I track).

But yes, the need to track separately is annoying.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Being able to select exit rows for free at booking as a low tier elite was a big one for me.

Plus, if we're going further back, a high number of frequencies from PHX-LAX/SAN/LAS with regular $49 fares on them.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Being able to select exit rows for free at booking as a low tier elite was a big one for me.
This was a feature that pmAA fliers recently lost as well. The coding of bulkhead and exit row seats as MCE on pmAA aircraft is a phenomenon that started within the past 12 months and then expanded to pmUS aircraft with the reservation system merger.

I agree that it stinks for Golds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.