Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: Reminisce / Nostalgia: "Goodbye US Airways" - tributes, photo essays, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Reminiscence / Nostalgia: Saying "Goodbye" to US Airways
Tributes, memories, photos, etc.

This thread is for your experiences, memories, tributes, photos, etc. with US Airways, US Air, America West, Piedmont, etc. Purely negative and snarky comments will be summarily deleted.

This thread was in the legacy US Airways forum until October 17, 2015, when it moved to the "Combined" (now American Airlines | AAdvantage) forum for members' convenience and further additions.

/AA Moderator team
Print Wikipost

LUS: Reminisce / Nostalgia: "Goodbye US Airways" - tributes, photo essays, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
USA Today offers a nostalgic look at US Airways with a portfolio of 33 photos of “Scenes from the last-ever flight on US Airways” at the bottom of the article here.

When I clicked on it, another portfolio of 38 photographs loaded, “A look at some of US Airways’ airplane liveries from the last 35 years”.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:20 am
amm

To me, US is my family airline. When I was 10-12 years old, my mom would take the DCA-LGA shuttle with some regularity to go visit her mother in the hospital and - as US was the only airline with a useful nonstop to MAN - I'd get driven up to Philly to hop on that 330 (flight 834 and 835 IIRC) to visit my grandparents. Think it was the first airline I ever flew and with the strong presence at DCA would see so many planes land when my dad would take me to Gravelly Point. Followed along with the failed merger with UA, the rebrand to US AIrways, the logo changes and when I signed up for my first freq flyer program, obviously knew where to go. Never thought about it until seeing this thread, but I'm probably a loyal American customer BECAUSE of the fond memories US Airways helped me experience.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I came upon this lovely photo by Dave Long on AIRLINERS FROM THE PAST. I love the 757 hot rod, and IMO this was one of the showiest.

N206UW B757 US Airways at Manchester 08/07/14 (Dave Long)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.