Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Is the temporary FL even worth checking out? Is it just that small room thats the TV lounge next to the main AC bar? Flying to LHR Thurs and have some itinerary maintenance to do but sounds like its pretty weak in there right now
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by beachfan
I bring a copy of Qantas' lounge access rules with me if departing LAX internationally.
Is that the Oneworld access rules linked to in the wiki or something else? If something else, do you have a link?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Is the temporary FL even worth checking out? Is it just that small room thats the TV lounge next to the main AC bar? Flying to LHR Thurs and have some itinerary maintenance to do but sounds like its pretty weak in there right now
Depends, what is your alternative? The latin buffet there is OK, and the alcohol is nice, but the actual facilities are just repurposed AC space.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Is that the Oneworld access rules linked to in the wiki or something else? If something else, do you have a link?
Well, there's this, linked from the wiki:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Unfortunately, the Status-based access portion is somewhat ambiguous when referring to exceptions 1) and 2), which perhaps explains some of the inconsistency encountered.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by fanger
The agent said that American has its own rules and that access to Qantas First at TBIT is based on class of service, not Emerald status for American frequent flyers. This was on Sunday. I didn't argue, but it's annoying. Unless the rules have changed, I have been here before several times.

I was also denied on the outbound LAX-SYD but at least the agent said "capacity", which is in principle legitimate but it certainly didn't look that crowded to me, even with the other Qantas flights departing around the same time.

In both cases I was admitted to the business lounge. Am I misunderstanding the rules here? Are they rejecting people a lot these days or is it just me?
This was supposed to have been fixed a year ago. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ge-lax-access/
I guess they need another reminder
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
The agent said that American has its own rules and that access to Qantas First at TBIT is based on class of service, not Emerald status for American frequent flyers. This was on Sunday. I didn't argue, but it's annoying. Unless the rules have changed, I have been here before several times.

I was also denied on the outbound LAX-SYD but at least the agent said "capacity", which is in principle legitimate but it certainly didn't look that crowded to me, even with the other Qantas flights departing around the same time.

In both cases I was admitted to the business lounge. Am I misunderstanding the rules here? Are they rejecting people a lot these days or is it just me?
Flying HKG-LAX-PHX in J on AA.

Just completed HKG-LAX and now waiting for my LAX-PHX flight now sitting in the Qantas First lounge now accessed based on my AA EXP/OW Emerald status.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Is the temporary FL even worth checking out? Is it just that small room thats the TV lounge next to the main AC bar?
It's in the area past the showers adjacent to where the business center used to be.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
the food is still there. if you don't want to walk to TBIT then its acceptable.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: AA Plat; UA.

?
I had a similar experience on Nov. 25. When I asked when the policy on lounge access had changed I was told that "we previously admitted AA emeralds but American complained to us that we were not following the special AA policy -- now admission for AA Emerald passengers is based exclusively on class of service".
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hayvenhurst
I had a similar experience on Nov. 25. When I asked when the policy on lounge access had changed I was told that "we previously admitted AA emeralds but American complained to us that we were not following the special AA policy -- now admission for AA Emerald passengers is based exclusively on class of service".
I'd contact AA on that, perhaps through Twitter. There is no such AA "special" policy. Have them sort it out with QF..
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:06 pm

Well, there's this, linked from the wiki:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Unfortunately, the Status-based access portion is somewhat ambiguous when referring to exceptions 1) and 2), which perhaps explains some of the inconsistency encountered.
Access rules on Qantas site
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

The ~ exception at the bottom still seems a bit ambiguous to me. However, I was left with the distinct impression that some of the staff are excluding AA Emeralds systematically, whether by misunderstanding or management direction.

I have been admitted multiple times in the past year, just not last week.

I did submit a complaint via the web form.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AA EXPs and Qantas F Lounge Access at LAX (to merge)

"Qantas clarifies access rules for LAX first class lounge"

December 7, 2016

Staff at Qantas’ Los Angeles First Lounge are in for a refresher course on the rules covering lounge access, following reports that top-tier frequent flyers from American Airlines have been denied entry for spurious reasons.

Those travellers turned away have been Executive Platinum members of American Airlines’ AAdvantage program, arriving into LAX on international flights before moving onto a domestic flight with Oneworld partner American Airlines.
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-clari...t-class-lounge

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 7, 2016 at 1:44 pm Reason: Replaced " with quote
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I arrived off CX in F and was continuing on with AA Flagship F. Checked into AA and having five hours to kill, decided to go over to the TBIT to check out the F lounges. I had no problem spending a short time in the QF lounge to enjoy a glass of Chardonnay, then dropped in to the other OW lounges to complete my tour. Reception agents actually offered to show me around each lounge, proud of the relatively new facilities. I then adjourned through the chaos of renovation to the Flagship lounge to await my flight to JFK.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Earlier this year on return from SYD they denied me access.

After visiting the QF F lounge in SYD, I didn't get too worked up about it. OneWorld lounge was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.